Tropical Fruit Juice Yields, Masticating Vs. Centrifugal Juicers

Amazoniac

Hi Amazoniac! :):

My first choice would be a hydraulic juice press and then a slow virtical juicer with a very low RPM – some go as low as 36 nowadays. I like the press because it extracts the most amount of juice with the least amount of oxidation so the juice keeps longer in the fridge. I have a 2 ton press that is far too massive and requires grinding the fruit before pressing so I was on the lookout for a smaller one that had more pounds of pressure. I came across one that is small, stainless steel and gives 10 tons of pressure, but I've been waiting for reviews on it before deciding to get it and there still weren't any the last time I checked.
It must be annoying to keep the cloth clean. Perhaps using a coffee filter instead.. :ss
What's the product?
And why vertical instead of horizontal?

johnwester130

It must be annoying to keep the cloth clean. Perhaps using a coffee filter instead.. :ss
What's the product?

Have you seen Juisir ?

Secondly, I have found juicing to be pointless, just a citrus press or bottled juice is fine.

Jennifer

What's the product?
No, not really. It's definitely less annoying than using a coffee filter. A coffee filter makes a crystal clear juice since it filters out all fiber, including the soluble fiber/pectin that a cloth can't filter out, which means it clogs fast, needs to be replaced frequently and usually requires squeezing to get all the juice out. The press leaves such a dry pulp that I find the cloth very easy to clean.

This is the press I've been keeping an eye on:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Cr...mr0&keywords=hydraulic+sugar+cane+juice+press

This is the 2 ton press I have:

Hydraulic Juice Press | eBay

I bought it back in 2010ish when I was getting into Gerson and RBTI. For juicers, Gerson recommends the dual grinder and press systems like Norwalk. Since not everyone can afford the high price tag of a Norwalk, they give an alternative – a Champion juicer used as the grinder plus a 2 ton hydraulic press.

A vertical juicer works best on fruits while a horizontal juicer works best on greens. I figured most here are probably looking to juice fruits more than greens so that's why I suggested the vertical. :):

johnwester130

No, not really. It's definitely less annoying than using a coffee filter. A coffee filter makes a crystal clear juice since it filters out all fiber, including the soluble fiber/pectin that a cloth can't filter out, which means it clogs fast, needs to be replaced frequently and usually requires squeezing to get all the juice out. The press leaves such a dry pulp that I find the cloth very easy to clean.

This is the press I've been keeping an eye on:

https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Cr...mr0&keywords=hydraulic+sugar+cane+juice+press

This is the 2 ton press I have:

Hydraulic Juice Press | eBay

I bought it back in 2010ish when I was getting into Gerson and RBTI. For juicers, Gerson recommends the dual grinder and press systems like Norwalk. Since not everyone can afford the high price tag of a Norwalk, they give an alternative – a Champion juicer used as the grinder plus a 2 ton hydraulic press.

A vertical juicer works best on fruits while a horizontal juicer works best on greens. I figured most here are probably looking to juice fruits more than greens so that's why I suggested the vertical. :):

it already exists , came out this year

It's called julavie juicer

Jennifer

Thanks for mentioning it, @johnwester130. I saw the Julavie (was called Juisir at the time) on a John Kohler video last year when it was in its prototype phase and they were looking for backers – they had a Kickstarter campaign going. It's only a press, though and not a dual, grinder/press system juicer so it's basically like the 10T hydraulic press I want to get except it requires electricity to operate.