LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm

Daniel11

Well... I hope RLM and LGS do some tests on the lights when they assemble them to certify the wavelenght is the correct one. You can't really trust anything from China until you double-check it yourself. Imagine they send you incorrect wavelengths and you are emitting bluelight or defective or more power or infrared when you thought it was visible red, really, anything can happen. You need some quality control which I hope LGS is doing. You can get a light wavelength meter for 100 bucks.

Lot testing products is always nice, but if the light was blue it would look blue, and if the LED was infrared there would be no visible light except maybe in the near infrared there could be a very faint red that could be seen by some people as humans all have slightly different ranges of wavelengths we can see. If it looks orange it is orange, if it looks red it is red, and shade variances of each would be fairly noticeable to most people.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Zpol

I am looking for a good light to use to offset the blue light of my computer during work. I'm thinking something that I can leave on all evening (so like from 5pm to 10pm - 5hrs) while I'm at my computer. Since I'll be at work, I will have to remain fully clothed and only my face and neck will be exposed to the red/orange light. If I clamp a light to my shelves, my face will be about 12" away , give or take a few inches.

1. Would this light be effective for that?
2. Would it be dangerous to leave the light shining on me that long at that distance?
3. Can anyone recommend a clamp that would work with this light, that I can purchase to secure it to my shelves?

I work long hours in a dark office (we keep it dark to reduce glare on our monitors), in front of dual monitors, 10 to 12 hours a day. So, any help in this matter would be appreciated!

Fractality

I would appreciate evidence that this light is the same as RedLightMan's mini. I would like to make a purchasing decision soon. Thank you.

Makrosky

I am looking for a good light to use to offset the blue light of my computer during work. I'm thinking something that I can leave on all evening (so like from 5pm to 10pm - 5hrs) while I'm at my computer. Since I'll be at work, I will have to remain fully clothed and only my face and neck will be exposed to the red/orange light. If I clamp a light to my shelves, my face will be about 12" away , give or take a few inches.

2. Would it be dangerous to leave the light shining on me that long at that distance?
3. Can anyone recommend a clamp that would work with this light, that I can purchase to secure it to my shelves?

I work long hours in a dark office (we keep it dark to reduce glare on our monitors), in front of dual monitors, 10 to 12 hours a day. So, any help in this matter would be appreciated!
I think you would do better with an incandescent bulb.

TripleOG

I would appreciate evidence that this light is the same as RedLightMan's mini. I would like to make a purchasing decision soon. Thank you.

Same housing.
Same wavelengths.
Same beam angle.
Near identical wattage.
Cheaper price.

Info is on each product page under specifications.

OP
LifeGivingStore

We do not suggest using the LGS1 for extended amounts of time. These LED red light therapy devices are powerful, and you can get a therapeudic dose in a short time. For extended times we use the heat lamps that Ray Peat recommends. They are great for in the winter too because they warm you up. Then we add in the LGS1 for a few minutes a day on different areas, with no longer then 1 minute per area for each treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:

ddjd

This is exactly the same product as red light man. Obviously they're buying from the same supplier in China

OP
LifeGivingStore
Hi Fractality, thank you for your interest in the LGS1.

I am not sure what evidence you are looking for, if you could be more specific maybe I can answer. As TripleOG stated the casing is the same, LED wavelengths the same, 30 degree beam angle is the same, even the cord is the same. The only difference I know of besides the lower price is the LGS1 runs about 1 watt less then the red light mini I received a few months back. The manufacturer said they have made improvements since then and the lights are running more efficient and less heat due to improved drivers.

Daniel11

These pink incandescent bulbs give a very comfortable warm light to the room, relaxing and pleasing to the senses, you would just need a simple desk lamp to use them with, check the reviews for other peoples experience with them.

GE 97483 - 60 Watt - Soft Pink - Party Bulb

Fractality

I've decided to give this a try. I look forward to receiving it and beginning my experimentation. I will shine it on my thyroid and eyes. The only other light experience I've had is a full spectrum sun replacement reptile light.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:hattip @Daniel11 for finding this great quote.

“Red and orange wavelengths penetrate tissue very effectively, because of their weaker absorption by water, allowing them to react with pigments in the cell, such as cytochrome oxidase, which is activated (or re-activated) by red light, increasing the production of ATP. This effect counteracts the toxic effects of ultraviolet light, but there are probably other mechanisms involved in the many beneficial effects of red light.”
-Ray Peat

Cataracts: water, energy, light, and aging

bdawg

We think it's cool too! :)

Right now there is no discount for forum members. We priced the light so that it is affordable as possible for everyone.

As for the shipping, right now for the United States we are using the USPS priority mail flat rate boxes. This is the best option for USPS at this time but we are in talks with a major carrier so maybe in the near future we can get a bit lower cost on the shipping.

About worldwide shipping. We are in process of setting up with a well known world wide shipping company. We hope by next week we will be fully set up and ready to ship world wide, and at a very affordable price. Thank you for your patience as we get this set in place. Soon as we are ready to ship world wide this thread will be updated.

I assume worldwide shipping would include Australia?

OP
LifeGivingStore
I've decided to give this a try. I look forward to receiving it and beginning my experimentation. I will shine it on my thyroid and eyes. The only other light experience I've had is a full spectrum sun replacement reptile light.
That is great, thank you! We look forward to any feedback, suggestions, and results from your experience
with the LGS1.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals