LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm

OP
LifeGivingStore
I'm waiting for the cheaper international shipping option, and then I'm ordering for sure.
MyUsernameHere, apologies for the delay. We will update soon as we are ready to go with the more affordable international shipping. It is taking some time to coordinate with the representative we are working with at the shipping company. We sincerely appreciate your patience. :)

Simba1992

We are so super excited to bring to you a device that is making a difference in many lives, the Life Giving Store Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device, also known as the LGS1.

As many of you all know, orange and red light has been quite the talk of the forum lately due to the awesome metabolic effects that this light produces. We aim to make this light device as affordable to everyone as we can so that more people can get into the benefits of this awesome metabolic stimulator. Winter is closing in fast on the Northern Hemisphere and now is the best time to supplement red light to keep that metabolism up and beat the winter blues. And what a great Christmas present this would be to a friend or family member, the gift of life, the gift of light.

Here are the wavelengths of our Orange and Red Light Therapy Handheld Device (LGS1):

610nm – Orange Red - 3 LED's
630nm – Red - 3 LED's
670nm – Deep Red - 6 LED's

= Totaling 12 LED's

Ray Peat has said many things regarding red light, we will add those quotes below.

We hope you are as excited as us about offering the LGS1 to the community! From our family to yours, we know you will love this product and it will help you by "Delivering Energy to your Life!".

Sincerely,
The Life Giving Store Family

Quote from Ray Peat about red light:

"Penetrating red light is possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor for all organisms. The chronic deficiency of such light is, I think, the best explanation for the deterioration which occurs with aging. Enzyme changes, free radical changes, structural and respiratory changes are all involved as consequences of darkness stress."

"It turns out that the meaning of "excess estrogen" has to be interpreted in relation to the balance of estrogen (and the multitude of factors which mimic estrogen's effects) with all of the antiestrogen factors. I have concentrated on thyroid, progesterone, and red light as the most important factors that protect against estrogen, and these all turn out to be protective against stress, shock, ionizing radiation, free radicals, lipid peroxidation, thymic atrophy, osteoporosis, arthritis, scleroderma, apoptotic cell death, and other problems that are involved in tissue degeneration or aging.."

Ray Peat

"Subnormal temperatures cause a shift from phagocytosis to inflammation. Light, especially the red light which penetrates easily into tissues, activates the formation of new cells as well as their differentiation. It affects energy production, increasing the formation of mitochondria, and the activity of the DNA methyltransferase enzymes. Red light accelerates wound healing, and improves the quality of the scar, reducing the amount of fibrosis."

Stem cells, cell culture, and culture: Issues in regeneration

"(Chemically, the meaning of “a pigment” is that it’s a chemical which selectively absorbs radiation. Old observations such as Warburg’s, that visible light can restore the activity of the “respiratory pigments,” showed without doubt that visible light is biochemically active. By the 1960s, several studies had been published showing the inhibition of respiratory enzymes by blue light, and their activation by red light. The problem to be explained is why the science culture simply couldn’t accept crucial facts of that sort.)"

"Cytochrome oxidase is one of the enzymes damaged by stress and by blue light, and activated or restored by red light, thyroid, and progesterone. It's a copper enzyme, so it's likely to be damaged by excess iron. It is most active when it is associated with a mitochondrial lipid, cardiolipin, that contains saturated palmitic acid; the substitution of polyunsaturated fats lowers its activity. Mitochonrial function in general is poisoned by the unsaturated fats, especially arachidonic acid and DHA."

"The pituitary hormones, especially prolactin and TSH, are pro-inflammatory, and darkness increases TSH along with prolactin, so to compensate for a light deficiency, the pituitary should be well-suppressed by adequate thyroid. Armour thyroid or Thyrolar or Cynoplus, Cytomel, would probably be helpful. (Eye-drops containing T3 might be a way to restore metabolic activity more quickly.) Limiting water intake (or using salt generously) helps to inhibit prolactin secretion. The saturated fats protect against the body's stored PUFA, and keeping the blood sugar up keeps the stored fats from being mobilized. Aspirin (or indomethacin) is generally protective to the retina, analogously to its protection against sunburn. Adequate vitamin E is extremely important. There are several prescription drugs that protect against serotonin excess, but thyroid and gelatin (or glycine, as in magnesium glycinate) are protective against the serotonin and melatonin toxicities. Copper and magnesium deficiencies predispose to retinal damage. Red light is protective, blue light (or u.v.) is harmful, so wearing orange lenses would be helpful. Progesterone and pregnenolone, by reducing the stress reactions, should be helpful--in the eye diseases of infancy and old age, as they are in the respiratory distress syndromes."

Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues

"When the body temperature is very much below normal, mental functioning is seriously limited. I think the first question that should be asked about a demented person is "is this the cold brain syndrome, or is something else involved?" When it is known that the brain has shrunken drastically, and filled up with plaques and developed gliosis, we know that something more than a "cold brain" is involved, but we don't know how much function could be regained if the hormones were normalized. Every moment of malfunction probably leaves its structural mark. Early or late, it is good to prevent the functional errors that lead to further damage, and to give the regenerative systems an opportunity to work. Before the final "calcium death" described (above) by Fujita, there are many opportunities for intervening to stop or reverse the process. The older the person is, the more emphasis should be put on protective inhibition, rather than immediately increasing energy production. Magnesium, carbon dioxide, sleep, red light, and naloxone might be appropriate at the beginning of therapy."

The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

"Often, a small physiological dose of natural hydrocortisone can help the patient meet the stress, without causing harmful side-effects. While treating the symptoms with cortisone for a short time, it is important to try to learn the basic cause of the problem, by checking for hypothyroidism, vitamin A deficiency, protein deficiency, a lack of sunlight, etc. (I suspect that light on the skin directly increases the skin's production of steroids, without depending on other organs. Different steroids probably involve different frequencies of light, but orange and red light seem to be important frequencies.) Using cortisone in this way, physiologically rather than pharmacologically, it is not likely to cause the serious problems mentioned above."

Blocking Tissue Destruction

"Even ultraviolet light can produce electronic excitation and bystander effects that destabilize cells, but, unlike gamma rays and x-rays, ultraviolet light doesn't penetrate deeply into the body. In visible light, it is only the red component that can pass deeply into the tissue, and it happens that red light is able to "quench" many excited electrons, restoring them to their normal resting or ground state. In a solid material,such as a seed or hair or bone, excited electrons will persist for a long time (hours in the seed and hair, years in bone), but with a brief exposure to red light, they will return to their normal state. This beneficial effect of the red component of sunlight helps to keep plants from being sunburned. If the red light is removed from sunlight, even the blue light by itself is quickly toxic to their mitochondria. Duringthe night animals' respiratory enzymes lose some of their effectiveness, possibly from the effects of random lipid peroxidation, and red light restores their activity."

Radiation and Growth January 2011 Newsletter

Buy the LED Orange and Red Light Therapy Handheld Device(LGS1) Here!

Just received my Orange and Red light lamp. Sitting here in France quite frustrated looking at this funny plug that is quite useless here in France. So what to do? If deliveries around the world, this should perhaps be a thing to warn customers about?

OP
LifeGivingStore
Just received my Orange and Red light lamp. Sitting here in France quite frustrated looking at this funny plug that is quite useless here in France. So what to do? If deliveries around the world, this should perhaps be a thing to warn customers about?
Hi Simba1992, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

We clearly stated on the website that only a North American plug was included. And in this thread someone asked about a UK plug and this was our response:
We only have Northern American plugs right now. We do plan on offering different plugs for the different countries in the future but are not able to at this moment.
If you like, we can refund you for the cost of the cord so you can get one from you local area. Or if you would like to wait then we can send you one, but it will take over a month because we still need to have them made, and then ship it to you.

Again we sincerely apologize and will work with you any way to make sure you are happy with your transaction with us.

Simba1992

Hi Simba1992, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

We clearly stated on the website that only a North American plug was included. And in this thread someone asked about a UK plug and this was our response:

If you like, we can refund you for the cost of the cord so you can get one from you local area. Or if you would like to wait then we can send you one, but it will take over a month because we still need to have them made, and then ship it to you.

Again we sincerely apologize and will work with you any way to make sure you are happy with your transaction with us.

Thank you for your promt reply. I must have missed the info about the plugs, sorry, was so eager to get my hands on the lamp! Will see if can get an adaptor from amazon. Would this work?

OP
LifeGivingStore
Thank you for your promt reply. I must have missed the info about the plugs, sorry, was so eager to get my hands on the lamp! Will see if can get an adaptor from amazon. Would this work?
We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention, in the future we will make sure to ask others who buy from different countries if they are aware of the northern American plug. We will also work on getting the different country plugs sooner then we had planned, so we do not run into this situation again. We also tried to make it more clearer on the website.

Yes an adapter should work, I would make sure to get one that has the ground prong, if you have that kind. I just checked and noticed some of the adapters for France skip the ground, so making sure you get the one with a ground would be best. However it seems that some receptacles in France do not have the ground, so you would need to check where you plug into the wall to make sure you have a grounded plug, or not. The lights will definitely work in your area as they are set up to accept your voltage with the right plug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simba1992

We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention, in the future we will make sure to ask others who buy from different countries if they are aware of the northern American plug. We will also work on getting the different country plugs sooner then we had planned, so we do not run into this situation again. We also tried to make it more clearer on the website.

Yes an adapter should work, I would make sure to get one that has the ground prong, if you have that kind. I just checked and noticed some of the adapters for France skip the ground, so making sure you get the one with a ground would be best. However it seems that some receptacles in France do not have the ground, so you would need to check where you plug into the wall to make sure you have a grounded plug, or not. The lights will definitely work in your area as they are set up to accept your voltage with the right plug.

Thank you:):

Got my light this week. Only used a few times so far. So hard to give a precise review on the results.
Wanted to try the led type lights as I've been using 2 250watt infrared lamps the past year with ok results.

Too bad you didn't have the full body one or I'd have picked it up cause I like doing full body as it's quick and easy.
The handheld light is a good start though to get an idea of what it is like as well or if someone just has an issue with a small area then it's more ideal to get.
Good price for the light, which made me pull the trigger to order it.

The quality of the product looks better in person than in the pictures from the web site.
I probably did not blow up any of the pictures before ordering. I thought the cord was all plastic but it was like a guitar cord type material and moves around good.
The light was brighter than I expected as I've never used led's before. The fixture also seemed bigger in person than the pictures.

L

lollipop

Got my light this week. Only used a few times so far. So hard to give a precise review on the results.
Wanted to try the led type lights as I've been using 2 250watt infrared lamps the past year with ok results.

Too bad you didn't have the full body one or I'd have picked it up cause I like doing full body as it's quick and easy.
The handheld light is a good start though to get an idea of what it is like as well or if someone just has an issue with a small area then it's more ideal to get.
Good price for the light, which made me pull the trigger to order it.

The quality of the product looks better in person than in the pictures from the web site.
I probably did not blow up any of the pictures before ordering. I thought the cord was all plastic but it was like a guitar cord type material and moves around good.
The light was brighter than I expected as I've never used led's before. The fixture also seemed bigger in person than the pictures.
Thank you for sharing this! I will be ordering mine in about 10 days. Super excited as it seems like such a good purchase for the price. I really believe it serves the Peat community well as it offers more people the opportunity to get the help they need because of its affordability. Again hats off to @LifeGivingStore.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Insaneacinamide, we are working on getting the body lights. We sincerely appreciate everyone's patience as we increase our stock, we are starting from humble beginnings but we feel we do have a good plan moving forward and many will be very happy with the selection of products that will be provided.

I probably did not blow up any of the pictures before ordering.
Thank you so much for your feedback and bringing this up. We are going to be working on getting better pictures up.

I thought the cord was all plastic but it was like a guitar cord type material and moves around good.
Yes the cord is a custom cord, with silicone holder, and the cord itself is wrapped in a sturdy cloth type fabric.

The light was brighter than I expected as I've never used led's before.
The lights are definitely very bright, and powerful. That is why a therapeutic dose of light is able to be attained fairly quickly.

I will be ordering mine in about 10 days. Super excited as it seems like such a good purchase for the price. I really believe it serves the Peat community well as it offers more people the opportunity to get the help they need because of its affordability. Again hats off to @LifeGivingStore.
Thank you Lisa! We look forward to your purchase and feedback on the LGS1.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Is the Red Light going to become available again today, as the site says?
Arnold Grape, thank you so much for your interest in the LGS1!

Yes we will be releasing a batch of lights today around 2pm or 3pm Eastern Time. Soon as they are available we will send out a notification. You can sign up for this notification at the LGS1 web page.

Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape, thank you so much for your interest in the LGS1!

Yes we will be releasing a batch of lights today around 2pm or 3pm Eastern Time. Soon as they are available we will send out a notification. You can sign up for this notification at the LGS1 web page.

Great: thank you -- I am going to be purchasing one. Moments ago I stepped out into a frigid November day and was slapped in the face with wind so hard I retreated back inside.

OP
LifeGivingStore
Great: thank you -- I am going to be purchasing one.
That is wonderful, thank you!

Moments ago I stepped out into a frigid November day and was slapped in the face with wind so hard I retreated back inside.
Spring cannot come soon enough! lol :) I love fall but once fall starts slipping into winter I am ready for spring. If only we could all live in the tropics and skip winter.

johnsmith

How many times can one use this light a day (and how long) and still avoid the Biphasic Dose Response?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How many times can one use this light a day (and how long) and still avoid the Biphasic Dose Response?
I am finding 30 seconds, once a day, per area treated is effective. I might bump it up to 2 times a day and watch for results. These lights are powerful.

Still no news on the cheaper shipping? ~20ish is reasonable but if it's gonna be available for lower, I'd rather spend less money. On the other hand, I don't want to wait much, I want to start using it soon...

OP
LifeGivingStore
Still no news on the cheaper shipping? ~20ish is reasonable but if it's gonna be available for lower, I'd rather spend less money. On the other hand, I don't want to wait much, I want to start using it soon...
MyUsernameHere, my sincere apologies for the delay. Thank you so much for your patience. :)

We have been at the mercy of the shipping company we were trying to get an account with(they apologized profusely for the delay) and just got approved yesterday! I am not sure what the rates are going to be yet. He said they are going to present the rates to us next week. He says he does not think they will be able to beat USPS prices right now with the volume we have, apparently our volume is not very impressive to them. lol However when we are finally set up with this new shipping company we will be able to ship anywhere in the world within 3 days!

We will keep shopping around though and if anything more affordable does present itself we will make it available.

Davinci

Does anyone know if there is a standing adjustable pole I can buy online, that would have clamps that could hold this light? This way I can have it shine on a particular spot on my body without holding it in awkward angles.

Simba1992

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals