Grapelander

Glad this post resurfaced. My son's OCD/autism is thru the roof since lockdowns.

I tried NAC previously- it helped short term then faded. I may try again, this time pairing Glycine 2:1 w/NAC. Anyone tried please advise.

What is the difference between DHEA and DHEA-S? Is the DHEA-S formed in the liver (sulfation)?
Peat said that mixing DHEA with oil would allow it to bypass the liver and not create estrogen. I wonder if this would also prevent DHEA-S formation?

Mens Elite: DHEA-S and GABA
OCD patients also have higher plasma levels of dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEAS), a neuroactive steroid having opposite effects to that of allopregnanolone (R). In this study, the anti-OCD effects of allopregnanolone were comparable to that of fluoxetine and the benefits were blocked by finasteride (R).

DHEA-S opposes GABA, whereas allopregnanolone is pro-GABA. Too much DHEA-S can leave you in a state of overactivation, such as in ADHD, ADD, anxiety, rumination, depression, etc. GABA is needed to put a brake on glutamate, which is chronically elevated in OCD.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals