OCD: Supplements To Help Overcome It

Discussion in 'Articles & Scientific Studies' started by Hans, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hans

Hans Member

2. opson123

opson123 Member

Thanks for your effort. I will read it more thoroughly later, now I just skimmed through it and saw many substances I haven't tried. One of them that I'm most interested in is ketamine as It's also supposed to help with depression.

I have severe OCD and what worked the best for me in the past was working out. Helped me get out of my head and live in the moment. I can't workout anymore though which is a bummer.

3. jamies33

jamies33 Member

Very useful article. Are the points listed in priority order? What do you think would be the top few things for something like this, in a vacuum? Pregnenolone, progesterone, vitamin D, coffee (caffeine, magnesium, niacinamide)?

4. Connor888

Connor888 Member

Thanks for posting this , I have OCD myself and will give it a read shortly

5. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

Thanks for sharing. Why can't you exercise anymore?
    Thanks. No it's in no particular order. I'd say the biggest problem with OCD is glutamate, CRH and brain inflammation. So using something to lower/block these would be most beneficial. I'd focus on vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, agmatine (anti-anxiety, neuroprotective, NMDA antagonist, lower CRH, etc.), NAC, niacinamide, stress management and drinking coffee. If agmatine is too weak, then memantine/amantadine might be better.
    Thyroid and progesterone (or high doses pregnenolone) can help to energize and calm (high energy resting state) the brain and reduce OCD symptoms.

6. jamies33

jamies33 Member

Perfect, thanks so much

7. Dobbler

Dobbler Member

I have severe OCD and it gets slighty better when im at other house away from very stressful people. Usually by the day 3-5 mark i can start to tell my brain set rules and stick to them pretty decently, like checking fridge door and front door 5 times, but still at this point i really have to force the rules or everything goes to chaos again, like checking fridge 40 times. Then i return to my other environment and sh1t pretty much resets instantly. I wonder what permanently better living conditions would do in 6 months or year, probably improve it alot more.

8. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

Thanks for sharing. Chronic, seemingly unescapable, stress is one of the major reasons for mental and physical disorders.
    Stressful people can also dramatically hamper your digestion and that can lead to all kinds of issues.

9. opson123

opson123 Member

I messed up my health/digestion from raw veggies, poor quality fruits, whole grains, not enough calories, not enough rest and too heavy workouts. This on top of stress from anxiety/OCD and I burned out and haven't been able to recover, this was 7 years ago. Nowadays just going to the grocery store and carrying the groceries is enough to exhaust me. Doing any kind of strenuous physical activity wrecks me.

10. lampofred

lampofred Member

Lowering obsessiveness without increasing apathy is a great struggle for me. I haven't found that supplements really work. I think the main issue is low testosterone relative to cortisol and raising T to C ratio is extremely hard. A low T to C ratio (or progesterone to cortisol ratio) is basically the root of all neurosis of civilization, leading to alcoholism, opioid addiction, cancer, heart disease, etc...

11. baccheion

baccheion Member

Good 'ole magnesium.

N-acetyl selank + memantine..

12. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

Great article. OCD is very common i think. Sometimes mine is quite frustrating and counter productive.

Curious on quality sources for memantine? Assuming achieving a decent legal source for Ketamine is near impossible.

13. James b

James b Member

Is there much difference between memantine and adamantine? As adamantine is obviously much easier to get hold of..?

14. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

Testosterone can help boost dopamine and dopamine can help against apathy. Have you tried dopaminergic supplements?

15. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

Yes I also think it's very common, just in various levels ofc. Sometime someone might have "OCD", but it's simply memory loss, lol. I had that tendance to recheck if I locked the door a few times when I went through a stressful period of a few years, but now it's gone.
    Not sure of a good source though. Maybe @baccheion knows.

16. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

They're basically the same structure, but there's not that much research on adamantane, but mostly on its derivatives. You can always experiment with adamantane and see how you feel on it.

17. baccheion

baccheion Member

Magnesium is usually sufficient.

Ceretropic is gone now.