Oat bran

SamYo123

Ok Oat bran is giving me great bowl movements and its the only food I have found to bulk my poo 2-3 times a day but its making me very gassy and its absolutely stinks

How do you know if oat bran is good if its giving me a thumbs up and thumbs down?

Oat bran with milk = bloat
Oat bran with water = no bloat

Last edited:

Inaut

Ok Oat bran is giving me great bowl movements but its making me very gassy and its absolutely stinks

How do you know if oat bran is good if its giving me a thumbs up and thumbs down?

maybe add in a little coconut oil and maple syrup

mrchibbs

Like anything else, if you've never eaten it, it will take some time for your digestive system to adjust. Eat smaller quantities and skip days for a while.

mrchibbs

If it doesn't resolve, then it's not the right food for you.

Ok Oat bran is giving me great bowl movements and its the only food I have found to bulk my poo 2-3 times a day but its making me very gassy and its absolutely stinks

“Malabsorption is a common cause. It occurs when your body does not have the capability to absorb nutrients from the food you consume. The odour in the stool is formed by the gases in the intestine that gets produced when the fibre gets fermented. So, if your poop is a bit smellier since the past two days, it could only be because of what you ate.”

This also looks like it may be the cause of your skin issues too SamYo123...

“Malabsorption causes abdominal discomfort, including gas and bloating. Other symptoms you may have:

• Frequent diarrhea
  • Bad-smelling and loose stool
  • Stools that are light in color or bulky
  • Stools that are hard to flush away because they float or stick to the toilet bowl
  • Weight loss
  • Scaly skin rashes

OP
S

SamYo123

This also looks like it may be the cause of your skin issues too SamYo123...

“Malabsorption causes abdominal discomfort, including gas and bloating. Other symptoms you may have:
I only get big gas from the oat bran or some other fibers but thats when my bowl movements are good.. and skin seems to get better...

I can eat all the easily digested things, then bowl movements suffer... skin also suffers

my problems are like opposite

gassy, iritated intestines = good skin
easily digested foods that cause no gas = constipation = bad skin

I stop oat bran now, so im no longer gassy/smelly, but now i have no bowl movements

I dont understand this it makes no sense

Last edited:
I only get big gas from the oat bran or some other fibers but thats when my bowl movements are good.. and skin seems to get better...

I can eat all the easily digested things, then bowl movements suffer... skin also suffers

I stop oat bran now, so im no longer gassy/smelly, but now i have no bowl movements

Start reading more about malabsorption. Digesting food quickly is part of that. It is the big piece of your skin issue. Do you take papaya/digestive enzymes?

OP
S

SamYo123

Start reading more about malabsorption. Digesting food quickly is part of that. It is the big piece of your skin issue. Do you take papaya/digestive enzymes?
I tried oxbile, doesnt do anything... peat doesn't mention much about malasorption..

HLP

Make it with water. Put some butter on it instead. See if that works better.

P

Peatness

Try taking some niacinamide with it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals