Insoluble Fiber Greatly Improves My Bloating

SOMO

I first noticed this when I reintroduced wheat into my diet to see if I still reacted to gluten.

When I found I no longer got acne or diarrhea from consuming gluten, I began to consume a small amount of whole wheat a few times a week, usually in the form of flatbread/tortillas.

I noticed significantly reduced belly bloat in addition to complete BMs that did not require wiping.

I get much of the same benefits with oats, but oats are more bulking and absorb more water and thus more bloating.

Wheat is by no means a perfect food, and I’m not going as far as to say you should be eating whole grains. But with enough Glycine, Vitamin E and calcium, those who suffer from bloating should give wheat a try.

I believe most of the benefit is from the insoluble fiber.

In addition, as far as plants go, wheat has a fair amount of nutrition.

Btw, I avoided wheat for about 4 years. So it took only 4 years of healing the gut to be able to consume wheat again. Like milk, being unable to process wheat is a sign something is seriously wrong with your digestion. I just want to everyone to know the good news is that you don’t have to abstain from wheat for the rest of your life, only until your health improves.

Could alternatives work? I used to have lentils months ago but cut back. I'm hoping to have some good things on hand to help combat the events of heavy bloating/etc.

If for nothing else I'll definitely give the flatbread/tortillas a shot, possibly fried in coconut oil or something.

Carrot salad seems to be hit or miss at times -- sometimes it does ease bloating and other times it doesn't really do much.