Nail Ridges Disappearing & Nail & Hair Growth Slowed After Magnesium Bicarbonate

Lin

I notice a coating of white on the bottom of the bottle of concentrate, after a few days in the frig. Does this mean the magnesium is precipitating out?

tara

Lin said:
post 99929 I notice a coating of white on the bottom of the bottle of concentrate, after a few days in the frig. Does this mean the magnesium is precipitating out?
I assume so. I get that too. Hopefully some is still in solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

tyler

I have tried three times now, and I can't get the combination to run clear for the life of me- there is always sediment left at the bottom.
Does this happen to you, @natedawggh ? Do you think it's still effective?
In the video you posted, he claims it should be clear after the second shaking.
This isn't the case for me. I've used a few different brands of mineral water and there are no Inactive ingredients in the MoM besides purified water.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Are you using too much magnesium oxide? If you use too much there will be sediment.

Tenacity

There's been a lot of mention of longitudinal ridges in this thread. What are they?

DKayJoe

I used 3 tablespoons in a 750ml bottle.

Is the liquid flat? My understanding is if all the carbonate is used up reacting with the magnesium any excess will just sink to the bottom as there is nothing left for it to bind with.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@Ktbridge ,

"I started taking magnesium bicarbonate via this method:
(warning, do not drink straight up bottle if you make this. it will displace potassium and sodium in your body too greatly and you could get a hospital visit)." -natedawggh

tyler

Is the liquid flat? My understanding is if all the carbonate is used up reacting with the magnesium any excess will just sink to the bottom as there is nothing left for it to bind with.
The liquid is flat- so I'm assuming I just used too much magnesium and what didn't react is on bottom? It doesn't bother me, but I just wanted to make sure the solution is still active.

M

marikay

The liquid is flat- so I'm assuming I just used too much magnesium and what didn't react is on bottom? It doesn't bother me, but I just wanted to make sure the solution is still active.

I think the solution is supposed to be flat when finished. Not sure why there would be anything on the bottom, unless is is too much magnesium in the solution or else maybe you just need to shake it again and let it sit again before using. I have found that if I follow the instructions in the video exactly, it comes out perfect. I concur with the others above that you have to be careful to take only a little bit of this solution at a time and mix it with another liquid so you don't get too much at one time.

DKayJoe

You should be fine, I've switched to 750ml bottles of water as they are the only glass ones I can find and there is more sediment in the bottle due to me not adjusting the MoM dose correctly. I haven't noticed any difference in effect, I just avoid the bottom of the bottle due to sediment.

Dan W

Any noticeable differences in the finished product?

I haven't noticed any, even the precipitate looks identical to the MoM version (which is unsurprising, I guess).

I haven't noticed in difference in effect, I just avoid the bottom of the bottle due to sediment.
I do the same. I do think it suggests a gradually-dropping concentration due to escaping CO2. I'd estimate it's less than a 10% drop over the course of 5ish days though. It definitely seems to help to open the bottle as infrequently as possible, and cap it tightly.