Massive increase in eyebrow growth after using coconut oil on them

Cooper

oh wow thats surprising, i didnt think it would work for anyone else. mine have stopped growing now, i guess i maxed them out.

im gonna try to measure my hairline with a ruler, and then see if coconut oil applied to the hairline can regrow it. ill do one side only.
How did it go?

serling78

This seems like one of those too good to be true deals. I'm on day 5 of trying this and so far I see no noticeable difference. My eyebrows do appear to be a little darker when the coconut oil is on them, similar to wet hair appearing darker, but I don't see any additional hair growth anywhere so far. Going to stick with it for a couple weeks to see what happens.

Cooper

This seems like one of those too good to be true deals. I'm on day 5 of trying this and so far I see no noticeable difference. My eyebrows do appear to be a little darker when the coconut oil is on them, similar to wet hair appearing darker, but I don't see any additional hair growth anywhere so far. Going to stick with it for a couple weeks to see what happens.
Nice, keep in mind, take photos of your eyebrows with a good lighting.

And take the photos again after few weeks, let's keep this scientific, sometimes your mind can not perceive changes. I will start trying soon too.

serling78

I don't have a great follow up, but here's what I experienced with this.

I used the coconut oil on my eyebrows for about 12 days and I did see some minimal growth during that time. It wasn't enough to be noticeable. My wife definitely didn't do a double take and ask what was up with my eyebrows.

I would like to give it more time to work but unfortunately the side effects were more powerful than the benefits. I noticed I felt noticeably more anxious while using it. Also I noticed reduced libido. I don't know if it's 5-ar/DHT reduction, but I've had those same symptoms to ingesting coconut oil in the past. At a high level I don't think anything that helps with hair growth can wortk for me because of my sensitivity causing the side effects to be more profound than any minor benefits.

jaype

the C12 fatty acid (lauric acid) in it is a 5-ar inhibitor. Not sure if something as trivial as putting it on eyebrow is going to go systemic but i stay away from it anyways. I prefer MCT oil.

serling78

the C12 fatty acid (lauric acid) in it is a 5-ar inhibitor. Not sure if something as trivial as putting it on eyebrow is going to go systemic but i stay away from it anyways. I prefer MCT oil.
Yeah I was hoping topical alone, but also the small amount used for eyebrows wouldn't result in the side effects i normally see from ingesting coconut oil . I'd be willing to try to power through the libido issues and see if that levels out, but the anxiety was a bit rough and made things like leading meetings at work extra difficult and stressful.

ExCarnivore

Could this work for the beard, to improve density?
While some of the recommendations are non-Peaty, you might want to check out "More Plates More Dates" on youtube. There are many videos dedicated to improving hair and beard growth; as well as some striking before and afters indicating the efficacy of the advice.

CJ_87

I have tried this coconut oil protocol for the past week and I have noticed my once half-formed eyebrows have started thickening quite noticeably in the outer half, and even some new growth on the top halves, like a theatrical flourish on the uppermost portion of the eyebrow, instead of just straight bars like they were before. I have also cleaned up my diet in the last month, eliminating starch and alcohol, so there may be a confounding factor. But I think it's more likely to be the coconut oil, because I've never tried it before, whereas my eyebrows were always slight even when my diet was pretty clean in the past.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals