Massive increase in eyebrow growth after using coconut oil on them

imei3489

i started rubing coconut oil all over my face because my skin was dry for a while. after a couple of days i noticed that my eyebrows were darker than usual. not in colour (they are allready pitch black) but less skin was visible through them. i started applying coconut oil to my eyebrows every day as an experiment, and after two weeks they were way thicker. without telling her, my gf took a look at my face and went "what the hell happened to your eyebrows?"
first of all, i have very dark and dense eyebrows allready. they have always been extremely neat and defined, but now baby hairs have started growing ABOVE my eyebrows where i never even had hair before. after just two weeks, my eyebrows had lost their shape, as new hairs were growing around the previous eyebrow line.
what is going on here? ive heard of people using castor oil on their eyebrows, could it be a similar process? after two weeks the growth halted.
i have seen no increase in beard growth btw.

Peatful

Bump.

Fascinating.

Fred

Interesting. Did you spend time massaging it in, or did you just apply it?

OP
I

imei3489

Interesting. Did you spend time massaging it in, or did you just apply it?
none, just a quick swipe over them with my finger.
i never look in the mirror so i havent really noticed, but i took a better look at them today, and i actually have new hairs growing under them, and a couple hairs have sprouted out ON the eyelid itself. i have a nearly connected unibrow now, and hairs are growing between the end of my eyebrows all the way to my hairline. i will see if i have any clear before pictures, so i can post some documentation.

none, just a quick swipe over them with my finger.
i never look in the mirror so i havent really noticed, but i took a better look at them today, and i actually have new hairs growing under them, and a couple hairs have sprouted out ON the eyelid itself. i have a nearly connected unibrow now, and hairs are growing between the end of my eyebrows all the way to my hairline. i will see if i have any clear before pictures, so i can post some documentation.
What is this sorcery

golder

I’m going to try this as I’ve got thin eyebrows from years of being hypothyroid. Great find. Do you massage it in and leave on before bed?

pbg

Interesting. I will try this on my eyebrows and my scalp and see what happens.

pbg

I can't believe the growth after just a week of doing this. My eyebrows have been thinning for a long time, likely due to low thyroid. Now it is growing in spots that haven't been growing in years. Will experiment with my scalp this week by putting in on 30 minutes a day and then rinsing.

Peatful

I can't believe the growth after just a week of doing this. My eyebrows have been thinning for a long time, likely due to low thyroid. Now it is growing in spots that haven't been growing in years. Will experiment with my scalp this week by putting in on 30 minutes a day and then rinsing.
I love when people come back and note this stuff.
Thank you

OP
I

imei3489

oh wow thats surprising, i didnt think it would work for anyone else. mine have stopped growing now, i guess i maxed them out.

im gonna try to measure my hairline with a ruler, and then see if coconut oil applied to the hairline can regrow it. ill do one side only.

TheSir

Wonder what would happen if you rubbed coconut oil on your thyroid, testicles etc?

Mauritio

Wonder what would happen if you rubbed coconut oil on your thyroid, testicles etc?
Interesting idea.

I recently put CO on my arms and face and I got a strong anti cortisol effect. The next day I had the face lift effect as if I had taken pregnenolone.

I think CO has an hormonal affect applied topically .

Mauritio

VitoScaletta

Probably nothing.

Castor oil, coconut oil etc. Increase hair growth topically, iirc because it provides better "mechanical" conditions for them to grow