Stoking The Furnace — Magnesium & Bicarbonate For Raising Temperature & Metabolism

Discussion in 'Magnesium' started by natedawggh, Jul 9, 2015.

1. haidut

haidut Member

It's possible, considering magnesium is thermogenic. If this combo improves magnesium absorption and retention, as well as elevated CO2 then it can result in improved circulation and higher temps. It probably depends on the individual's magnesium and CO2 levels. I personally do not get such effects from drinking MagBiCarb water, but I do get much much warmer with a pregnenolone + magnesium combo.

2. Attakai

Attakai Member

Do you take the pregnenolone orally together with the magnesium?

3. haidut

haidut Member

I experiment with all kinds of administration routes, but as far as the magnesium experiment goes I did take it orally. I took 100mg pregnenolone and 1g magneisum oxide. Without the pregnenolone I would always get diarrhea from MagOx since it is not absorbed very well.

4. tara

tara Member

Hmm. I was thinking about intercellular pH, and haven't yet got my head around the intracellular relationships to my satisfaction.

There are distinctions, I guess, between how the acididty arises - CO2 or lactic acid or other, and how extreme it is - a little acidic is good, too much bad.

Makes sense to me that increasing CO2 is helpful and lowers lactic acid production. AFAIK the intercellular fluid is supposed to be somewhat acidic, so that's fine. But when it gets too acidic for whatever reason, eg high lactic acid production and deficiency in alkaline minerals (or maybe other things like sulphur or posphorus too?), that is a problem for basic functioning homeostasis. So then the body may act to bring the pH back into an acceptable range. If available, it can draw on alkaline buffers. If these are too depleted (eg dietary mineral deficiency and/or hypometabolic loss of minerals), then it can increase breathing rate or lower metabolism to reduce CO2 levels. Then when CO2 levels are lower, oxygen delivery suffers, leading to increased glycolysis and (circularly) more lactic acid, with the associated problems.

Too much calcium in the cells is a problem. But we do want sufficient Mg in there, right? Peat was talking about excess calcium in cells being problematic, not Mg, right?

5. Ray of Sunshine

Ray of Sunshine Member

It worked for me in increasing temp/pulse, but a little too good. I ended up dehydrating myself a little too much and couldn't sleep properly.

6. ejalrp

ejalrp Member

You can also buy magnesium carbonate (not bicarbonate) but it likely doesn't breakdown into carbon dioxide but it's one more way to get your magnesium.

7. Parsifal

Parsifal Member

From Sircus blog:

Does this mean bicarbonate is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor? Ray seems to imply that more carbonic acid in cells is a good thing (because alcalosis of cells is bad and leads to aerobic glycolysis) but he also seems to imply that bicarbonate increases carbon dioxyde, so I wonder how all this work.

8. InterrogaOmnia

InterrogaOmnia Member

Holy ***t guys. Ive been having general hypothyroid problems lately like low body temps, bad constipation, and extremely achy joints. I had a bottle of magnesium bicarb water laying around that i haven't used in months. I dont recall having much benefit from it when i first used it, but i didnt take much. Well, today i thought maybe i should try supplementing magnesium because i havent done it in a long time. But this time I took 200mg of caffeine before i started drinking the bicarbonate. I think I ended up drinking maybe 8oz. I turned into a steam engine. My body hasn't produced this much heat in a long time. My hands are extremely warm with a thumping pulse. Pretty much all my hypothyroid symptoms greatly dimished in a matter of hours. The caffeine must have really promoted magnesium uptake...

9. A.R

A.R Member

This is amazing news! Have you kept this protocol up?

10. chispas

chispas Member

I have been secretly hoping that one day the Dr Peat Opinions would intermingle with the Dr Siscus Opinions, and we'd all have a go at trying to make sense of it. So, so glad!

11. Cirion

Cirion Member

Thread necro, but always nice to see confirming information. I read a success story with someone taking Epsom salts (magnesium) plus baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) baths every day. I just started doing this and will see what it does for me.

12. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

It would be just terrible if that Chloride got mixed with the Sodium.

13. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member

Magnesium acetate is cheap and has high content of elemental Mg. But hydroxide seems a bit safer.

@ghg you still drinking from that fountain of youth!

14. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    I use the Magnesium solution from Cardiovascular Research. It supplies Chloride and acetate forms in deionized water. You can add it to bicarbonate water. I also use the glycinate, and malate/citrate forms from Pure Encapsulations.