Magnesium bicarbonate

ealomz

Hello everyone,
I have a question in case someone can help me. After several years of illness I have reached this point. Among other things (thiamine) I think I should take magnesium and baking soda. My blood ph is somewhat acidic. Is magnesium bicarbonate a good option? Should I make it from Mg oxide + carbonated water or on the other hand, Mg Chloride + baking soda?
I don't want to acidify my blood any more. Thank you!

Jonk

Yeah and make sure it is properly dissolved. If you have left over magnesium powder in the bottom (at the end of the process), do not shake it again and drink it. Also be cautious with how much you consume to not risk diarrea haha

OP
E

ealomz

Thank you very much to both of you for reply. I don't know if I understood correctly. Why is it better not to shake again until everything is dissolved, as many times as necessary?

Jonk

You can shake it as many times as you like! Just that if it's not enough CO2 left to dissolve the magnesium, it will simply take a while before it sinks to the bottom

OP
E

ealomz

I understand, thank you! And do you know if Mg bicarbonate interferes with the HCl in the stomach? I will take it between meals, but I still don't know if it affects in some way. I tend to get gastritis sometimes

youngsinatra

I ordered some magnesium hydroxide myself. Will experiment with it, as it seems to be a cheap and bioavailable source with the benefit of being a liquid solution. (I always had better results, when supplements can be dissolved in water instead of capsules)

Jonk

I understand, thank you! And do you know if Mg bicarbonate interferes with the HCl in the stomach? I will take it between meals, but I still don't know if it affects in some way. I tend to get gastritis sometimes
Yeah I believe it does. For me personally it was very easy to overdo it, so start low dose and increase cautiously. When my gut became irritated to the point of diarrea it took awhile before things settled down.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Would it be ok to pour out the whole 33 oz bottle of seltzer water into a glass jar, before starting to add the magnesium hydroxide?
Or does the plastic bottle that the seltzer water came in have to be used?

cremes

Would it be ok to pour out the whole 33 oz bottle of seltzer water into a glass jar, before starting to add the magnesium hydroxide?
Or does the plastic bottle that the seltzer water came in have to be used?
Asking this in 3 threads isn't necessary.

If you pour a bottle of seltzer into another container, all of the gas will come out. Any agitation will waste the carbon dioxide that you need for the reaction to turn magnesium hydroxide into magnesium bicarbonate.

If you already purchased your seltzer in a plastic bottle, it has likely already leeched whatever chemicals it can into the plastic. The Mag hydroxide probably won't make it worse, but I'm not a chemist.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Thanks.
I was able to make the mag bicarb.
I read some instructions that said that the sides of the plastic bottle would cave in a little during the process (which happened for me), and that that was a good sign.
So, when all the shaking is over, and the water is clear, should one open the bottle cap and allow the outside pressure in, so the bottle stops caving in slightly?
Or is it best to just keep the cap on unless actually drinking some of the water?

unsubscribed

Thanks.
I was able to make the mag bicarb.
I read some instructions that said that the sides of the plastic bottle would cave in a little during the process (which happened for me), and that that was a good sign.
So, when all the shaking is over, and the water is clear, should one open the bottle cap and allow the outside pressure in, so the bottle stops caving in slightly?
Or is it best to just keep the cap on unless actually drinking some of the water?

Yes. Once you've shaken a number of times then you're good to go. Drink the amount you want then simply reapply the lid and put back into the fridge :)
Drink as needed.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Yes. Once you've shaken a number of times then you're good to go. Drink the amount you want then simply reapply the lid and put back into the fridge :)
Drink as needed.
Thanks.
Is it ok to pour out 8 oz into a glass and warm it up a little in the microwave, since cold liquids are a no-no, per peat?
Or does it have to be cold?

cremes

Thanks.
Is it ok to pour out 8 oz into a glass and warm it up a little in the microwave, since cold liquids are a no-no, per peat?
Or does it have to be cold?
Don’t get too slavish to avoiding cold drinks. It’s a micro optimization and will likely have no discernible impact on your health. Drinking the mag bicarb is much more important regardless of temperature.

Overton

Yeah and make sure it is properly dissolved. If you have left over magnesium powder in the bottom (at the end of the process), do not shake it again and drink it. Also be cautious with how much you consume to not risk diarrea haha
What is the downside if some powder remains? I assumed it had dissolved as much powder as possible and drank it even with some powder left. What is the issue with this?

Jonk

What is the downside if some powder remains? I assumed it had dissolved as much powder as possible and drank it even with some powder left. What is the issue with this?
Depending on how sensitive you are the magnesium hydroxide powder can have a potent laxative effect.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals