Magnesium Bicarbonate

1400 ml of water
1.012 g of magnesium hydroxide
Oh wow I was using around 4-5g of magnesium hydroxide per 1.8L of bicarbonate water. I have a scale so I measured it just now. I don't have a sodastream machine.

I decided to do that by watching tones of YT videos where they put the whole teaspoon of it and also by following these instructions. They say that they put 4.3mL of magnesium hydroxide powder in 1L of water. Which is similar to my measurement.

All the other instructions you've mentioned I've done.

First I put the carbonated water in the freezer. Than I waited for 1.5h for it to become extremely cold. Than I slowly open the lid and put the hydroxy mag very quickly not to lose carbonation.

Than I shake for like 60 sec and put it in the fridge. I shake it two or three more times every 2-3 hours and than I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning the water is pure with just a bit of mag hydroxy floating in the bottle but I usually shake it 1-2x more times and than start drinking.

I drink 100ml of the magnesium bicarbonate solution 3x a day. In the morning, afternoon and evening.

"Squeeze the bottle so that the water level rises to the top of the bottle, then tighten very tightly with your hand, with a dry cloth to allow a tighter turn. This will ensure no air gets in." - Well I didn't to that. As soon as my bottle started collapsing inwardly I opened the lid and let the air in and shake it again :)

However, if you're using soda water, you may not be able to use as much mag hydroxide per volume of water, as you don't get to refill with CO2 after the CO2 in the soda water is used up.
Yeah I noticed that since I was using 2 teaspoons in my first solution and it hasn't dissolved much so I went to 1 teaspoon.

This is how my magnesium bicarbonate solution looks like. It's pretty clear isn't it?

Attachments

• 264055736_1800675123453495_6728515454129128450_n.jpg
    264055736_1800675123453495_6728515454129128450_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 266710327_587688982535885_2758587202069000182_n.jpg
    266710327_587688982535885_2758587202069000182_n.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 265356686_314839193848993_8869750299478495448_n.jpg
    265356686_314839193848993_8869750299478495448_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

yerrag

Oh wow I was using around 4-5g of magnesium hydroxide per 1.8L of bicarbonate water. I have a scale so I measured it just now. I don't have a sodastream machine.

I decided to do that by watching tones of YT videos where they put the whole teaspoon of it and also by following these instructions. They say that they put 4.3mL of magnesium hydroxide powder in 1L of water. Which is similar to my measurement.

All the other instructions you've mentioned I've done.

First I put the carbonated water in the freezer. Than I waited for 1.5h for it to become extremely cold. Than I slowly open the lid and put the hydroxy mag very quickly not to lose carbonation.

Than I shake for like 60 sec and put it in the fridge. I shake it two or three more times every 2-3 hours and than I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning the water is pure with just a bit of mag hydroxy floating in the bottle but I usually shake it 1-2x more times and than start drinking.

I drink 100ml of the magnesium bicarbonate solution 3x a day. In the morning, afternoon and evening.

"Squeeze the bottle so that the water level rises to the top of the bottle, then tighten very tightly with your hand, with a dry cloth to allow a tighter turn. This will ensure no air gets in." - Well I didn't to that. As soon as my bottle started collapsing inwardly I opened the lid and let the air in and shake it again :)

Yeah I noticed that since I was using 2 teaspoons in my first solution and it hasn't dissolved much so I went to 1 teaspoon.

This is how my magnesium bicarbonate solution looks like. It's pretty isn't it?
After I read your post, I lpoked back at my notes and realized I'm off by a decimal point. Instead of 1g, it should be 10.12 grams instead to 1400ml of water.

So you're not far off in doing what you did.

How much of elemental magnesium or mag bicarbonate are you taking in then?

After I read your post, I lpoked back at my notes and realized I'm off by a decimal point. Instead of 1g, it should be 10.12 grams instead to 1400ml of water.
Are you trying to kill me boi? :)))))
How much of elemental magnesium or mag bicarbonate are you taking in then?
I'm too stupid to calculate xd

If I use 5g mag hydroxy in 1.8L of water and drink only around 300ml a day how much is that?

yerrag

Are you trying to kill me boi? :)))))

I'm too stupid to calculate xd

If I use 5g mag hydroxy in 1.8L of water and drink only around 300ml a day how much is that?
It's about 500mg elemental magnesium or about 3000Mg mag bicarbonate or about 2500mg bicarbonate.

2500mg bicarbonate is equivalent to 3.44 g of baking soda.

See if you can take 3 X 100ml instead of just one 300ml portion of your magbicarb solution and see whether you feel better.

See if you can take 3 X 100ml instead of just one 300ml portion of your magbicarb solution and see whether you feel better.
That's what I was doing.

Drinking 100ml in the morning 100lm in the afternoon and 100lm in the evening.

I cannot explain the pain I felt. I cannot inhale deeply and I cannot rotate my torso or even bend over or backwards at all. I feel like a 90 year old with atherosclerosis.
Almost similar to when I eat a lot of some fried/heated coconut oil. Which is very strange, I always thought It was the heated saturated fat that was giving me this pain.

When I drink the magnesium bicarbonate solution from the glass and I come back after few hours I can see that the glass has some hard mineral coating at the bottom. It just doesn't seems right and there is no way I will experience with it anytime soon since I fell like 50%-60% better just one day after stopping it.

yerrag

That's what I was doing.

Drinking 100ml in the morning 100lm in the afternoon and 100lm in the evening.

I cannot explain the pain I felt. I cannot inhale deeply and I cannot rotate my torso or even bend over or backwards at all. I feel like a 90 year old with atherosclerosis.
Almost similar to when I eat a lot of some fried/heated coconut oil. Which is very strange, I always thought It was the heated saturated fat that was giving me this pain.

When I drink the magnesium bicarbonate solution from the glass and I come back after few hours I can see that the glass has some hard mineral coating at the bottom. It just doesn't seems right and there is no way I will experience with it anytime soon since I fell like 50%-60% better just one day after stopping it.
There's some weird ***t going on. Maybe there's something going on we don't know about so until we know, it's better to stay away from drinking it.

Unless you can lower the daily dosage and gradually increase it. Just to see if you can tolerate smaller amounts.

There's some weird ***t going on. Maybe there's something going on we don't know about so until we know, it's better to stay away from drinking it.

Unless you can lower the daily dosage and gradually increase it. Just to see if you can tolerate smaller amounts.
Yeah I'm a pretty strange cookie :)

I feel like I'm so messed up that I can serve as a crash test dummy, meaning that I can experience if something is bad or good almost immediately since my tolerance threshold is non existent and there is no time for "accumulative damage" (if there is any) to appear.

I appreciate you always trying to help out <3

aniciete

Just made it 4 days ago. Drank it for 3 days. My general stiffness increased and I also think some kind of calcification was occurring as well. Pain under my ribcage, chest, back was immense [Probably blood vessels under pressure] . I don't know the mechanism but I think I must have some renal insufficiency and general poor blood flow which these "artificially made" minerals seems to exacerbate. I had similar experiences with potassium chloride years ago.

When I drink for example celery juice or cucumber juice, or water from a cooked leafy greens while increasing my fruit intake I don't get these problems which suggest it's not only the fact that my body cannot handle the mineral volume/content but the quality of it.

I would only try to make MAG BICARB one more time with less amount of magnesium hydroxide [it was an overflown teaspoon of it in 1,8L of water - which apparently is not much.]
But I don't think there is any point to it at all. My intuition says "stay away".
It's better to focus on natural ways I can get my magnesium in.

The sad thing was that I was waiting for magnesium hydroxide to arrive for over a month while paying 89$ for the shipping. I was very hopeful it could help me.
I bought it in bulk.
But my mind is at ease knowing that I reaped no benefits at least and that no one can sell me the "magnesium bicarbonate" story again.
Did you ever end up finding out why this happened? I think some of the same things happened to me this morning after taking some magnesium bicarb.

Did you ever end up finding out why this happened? I think some of the same things happened to me this morning after taking some magnesium bicarb.
Have no idea. It could be that I'm lacking CO2 and the magnesium is not fully dissolved - since I'm using plain carbonated water.

But I make magnesium bicarbonate almost every week and I wash my face with it 2,3x a day.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7188#p89405

For those who cannot tolerate much magnesium bicarbonate (e.g. Waller Water), one can use magnesium acetate transdermally (rub thick liquid onto skin) to bypass the gut and the diarrhea. Magnesium acetate metabolizes into magnesium bicarbonate. That way, you can have effective high dose magnesium bicarbonate supplementation without the diarrhea.
--ghg
Where do you find magnesium acetate?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Would it be ok to pour out the whole 33 oz bottle of seltzer water into a glass jar, before starting to add the magnesium hydroxide?
Or does the plastic bottle that the seltzer water came in have to be used?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals