Nail Ridges Disappearing & Nail & Hair Growth Slowed After Magnesium Bicarbonate

tara

I used mg hydroxide too. Always had a little sediment. Could get more reacted if I cooled it and shook more times.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

* so just want to point out that the nail ridges effect was an illusion. Mag bi carb water did cause an effect to my nails within a few days, which was to remove the shine and highlight, causing the nails to look more flat. The ridges are still there, though it also made my nails softer.

One more interesting effect I noticed, however, is that magnesium bicarbonate supplementation slowed the speed at which my hair and nails grow. By a significant amount. I was having to get a haircut almost weekly, so much in fact that I bought a trimmer years ago and kept it short myself. The gray hair too grows faster than my dark hair. But on taking magbicarb the hair and nail growth slowed so much I noticed he difference immediately, and my grey hair stopped growing faster than my normal colored hair.

I have no confirmation as to why this would be happening, but since my hair growth sped up when it started greying and thinning, I assume it's a good sign, and my hair is also thicker than it was when I posted this originally.

EDIT: oh I just saw that I did post about the hair rate of growth. It still has that effect... And I continue to drink magnesium bicarbonate water.

Last edited:
OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

I have tried three times now, and I can't get the combination to run clear for the life of me- there is always sediment left at the bottom.
Does this happen to you, @natedawggh ? Do you think it's still effective?
In the video you posted, he claims it should be clear after the second shaking.
This isn't the case for me. I've used a few different brands of mineral water and there are no Inactive ingredients in the MoM besides purified water.
I used mg hydroxide too. Always had a little sediment. Could get more reacted if I cooled it and shook more times.

Oh there is one important trick. He uses a glass bottle. I use plastic ones. When i do it, the plastic collapses in on itself after the third time shaking it. No doubt the reduction in co2 reduces the pressure inside the bottle. If the hard glass bottle prevents this shift in pressure it would naturally prevent some of the chemical reaction from taking place, just from the physical restraint of the glass and pressure.

tara

Oh there is one important trick. He uses a glass bottle. I use plastic ones. When i do it, the plastic collapses in on itself after the third time shaking it. No doubt the reduction in co2 reduces the pressure inside the bottle. If the hard glass bottle prevents this shift in pressure it would naturally prevent some of the chemical reaction from taking place, just from the physical restraint of the glass and pressure.
I used plastic bottles too. Safer in case I accidentally left them too long in the freezer, as well as indicating reaction by collapsing inward as you say.

livrepensador

@natedawggh @Dan Wich
Guys, how much do you take per day?
Lets say i make 1 liter of magnesium water: how much ml should i consume per day? And what is the best time for it?

Dan W

Guys, how much do you take per day?
Lets say i make 1 liter of magnesium water: how much ml should i consume per day? And what is the best time for it?
I imagine you'll have to play around with the dosage. I've worked my way to an average of 11oz/day of the concentrate, which seems to be good for me. I spread it across a few meals to avoid any digestive issues.

lindsay

That's very interesting to note. I do not want my hair to grow slower (if anything, I wish it would grow faster!), so I should steer clear of Magnesium Bicarbonate :) But I'm curious as to the mechanism because when I began taking Thyroid, my nails and hair grew faster, thicker and stronger. I assumed that was a good thing. Magnesium from espresso makes my nails especially strong and fast growing (though I sometimes bite my nails - shame on me). I always thought fast hair growth was a good thing...... So I'm confused.

Peater Piper

I wonder if it's the bicarbonate slowing the growth? I don't know how exactly, just that it seems unlikely to be the magnesium. Having it with meals could potentially neutralize hydrochloric acid, which could reduce absorption of some micronutrients. I'd also be a little concerned about becoming too alkaline.

livrepensador

Thanks @Dan Wich !!

@lindsay I always have the same thought until i read this post today.
When i went low carb (for a couple weeks until i gave up because i was feeling horrible) my nails (maybe my hair too) were growing like crazy, because of this memory i thought: maybe fast growing nails could be a sign of really stress of the body. And for that, slow growing strong nails maybe reflect good health.
@Jenn i know you have more knowledge about animals and i ask you this: do animals have nails growing fast or slow in times of stress?

That´s just some thoughts i have, maybe fast growing nails could be a good thing like you said.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals