My Journey To Optimal Health

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Guys, I'm really thinking I found the answer. Organ meats.

So today I decided to have 8 oz more liverwurst. In the middle of the afternoon I was met with an intense fatigue which at first I thought was bad. But I decided to take a 2 hr nap because of it. Now I have more energy in the later end of the day, and my body weight is lighter than usual once again at this time of night.

I think these organ meats are noticeably finally bringing my inflammation / bloat/ body weight down...

Liverwurst is like 20% liver 15% heart and 15% kidney, so its not just liver so that's kind of cool too, it's a mix of organs so I'm getting stuff that would also benefit my own heart and my own kidneys. The kidneys also are needed for detox right? So it's probably beneficial that I'm getting kidney also.

#RayPeatRightAgain (on liver/organ meats)

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Made a fatal mistake that I Should have known better but succumbed to anyway, but I did learn something in the process.

I felt a little hungry and had more liverwurst in the middle of the night. Woke up super hypothyroid and reversed a couple of days of weight loss by gaining it back. Very angry with myself. But now I know even organ meat can easily be overdone just like muscle meat. So, it was a learning experience for me in that regard.

Sometimes it is better to fast even when you're "hungry" and this is something I continually am reminded of. Do not eat any solid food in the middle of the night ever for any raeson!! no matter how "hungry" you are. I am kinda bolding this statement for me not so much any readers of this log just so I stop making stupid choices and reversing my progress lol. Straight easily digested carbs are OK in the night but that's it, no protein, no fats (except maybe small amounts of coconut oil?), no starch, no nothin.

I'm not a fan of caloric restriction but today, I think I might, just to get things back on track. Well, definitely protein/fat restriction though.

I also watched too much TV yesterday, which I also believe led to my downfall. I am banning myself from watching TV shows today.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Ok, so back on track. I now believe fasting actually is a useful tool sometimes. I lost all the re-gain weight and 0.4 lb on top of that yesterday. It seems at least for me ALL solid foods can be problematic for weight gain to a degree. So yesterday except for some rice and gelatin I had almost all liquid calories. My total caloric intake was still reasonable, but I had very low protein (even less than normal) and of course low fat as usual, but still high carbs. I felt super manic/hungry and insomniac and had major problems sleeping in the night, but it paid off with the weight loss, and I had a waking temp of 98.8F, no doubt in part fueled by adrenaline, but I'm at the point I no longer care too much, and it still beats a waking temp of 97.6F with no adrenaline. I won't be doing that every day, but on days I have to make up lost ground (so today I'll be bringing back the evening meal of potatoes). I am thinking the magic with intermittent fasting is to do it with solid foods but still allow simple carbohydrates. I saw that one the anabolicmen.com ebook author follows something like this. It's basically what I did - 16 hr fast from solid foods. I find every day I do best on about 12 hr fast from solid foods (so basically stop eating solid foods about 12 hrs before I want to wake up the next day) to prevent weight gain.

I am starting to have the same opinion of appetite as I do with #nofap. Having an appetite is not a bad thing. Why must we always gorge ourselves to make it go away? Same with #nofap. Why do men feel like they must make their "other" appetite always go away? It helps you drive towards many things in life and when you make the appetite go away you get lazy and stupid. Starting to think the same with food appetite also in some ways. Every time I fully satisfy my "food hunger" it similarly also makes me lazy and stupid and also gain weight. I'm not fooling myself, I'm running on some stress hormones at the moment, but at least I drove my waking temp up, have some energy in the morning, lost weight etc.

This actually kind of agrees with VoS tho. He also said that anything that lowers hunger also lowers metabolism and I find it to be 100% true. So, hunger should not be something to be feared, at least in moderate amounts.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

So psychologically, losing another lb or so will be somewhat big news as it'll push me lower than I've been in two months. The real battle, though, is pushing 10 lbs beyond that, that's a big mental hurdle for me because then I'll be the lowest I have been in around five months, which will represent real progress towards recovery. All the while without going too hypo, which should be accomplished as I'm still eating very high carb even on "fasting" days.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Argh, have to do solid food fasting again after around noon today probably, as i gained weight again this morning (after attempting potatoes in the evening again). I probably ate too late though, as they weren't eaten until around 11 pm, which didn't allow me to do my normal 12 hr solid food fast. I am dynamically re-assessing though, and if my weight happens to be at a good place this evening, I may have potatoes after all. My bodys' ability to digest anything solid is truly bad at this point it seems. Will probably have some organ meat tomorrow, but only 8 oz as 16 oz was too much last time.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Cirion

Cirion

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Beef Liverwurst - 1 lb - Order Liver Sausage Online | US Wellness Meats
Ouch, $75 minimum order. :(

It's really convenient too as it is pre-cooked. Defrost and throw in your lunch bag for work and eat straight with a fork and knife. Easy.
How does it taste?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Ouch, $75 minimum order. :(

How does it taste?

The sad thing is I have become numb to such costs. I probably spend more money on health than I do my house... sad... lol. That said you can use "Chris" as a coupon code.

I find it tastes pretty good, but I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I'll eat just about anything if I think it will help my health lol.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That said you can use "Chris" as a coupon code.
Thanks brother!

I find it tastes pretty good, but I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I'll eat just about anything if I think it will help my health lol.
Well I got so turned off to liver, hopefully it is a bit milder.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Thanks brother!

Well I got so turned off to liver, hopefully it is a bit milder.

Yeah it's probably milder. I actually haven't had straight liver in a long time, but yeah it's only 20% liver. I am also taking a thyroid gland w/ liver supplement every day now as well to try to help move things along but I feel like my digestion isn't really going to improve that much until I can alleviate some of this excess body weight honestly, so I'm gonna coax it down with strategic solid food fasts as necessary. It seems I maybe tolerate potatoes a little better than rice, so maybe I need to ban rice and stick to potatoes.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

After another 16 hr solid food fast back down in wt again. Looking at my food logs, I think I'm done with rice, it seems to be one of the offenders. Interestingly, a rice + potato combo (in the same day, not the same meal) makes me gain weight whereas a day with organ meat + potatoes seems to make me lose weight, so its not quite as simple as solid food = weight gain. But there's something about rice, and white rice has little to no nutrition anyway, so I won't be too sad if I have to ditch it from my diet. Organ meat + potatoes is more nutritious anyway (so that's probably part of the reason) and helps me keep my protein intake sufficiently high so it seems like the superior combo for sure and doesn't require me to do more than 12 hr solid food fasts to lose weight so there's that. It might be that rice is just too bulky. Or it could be that my ability to process straight glucose is really bad, so having a ton of starch in one day is problematic for me in that regard.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think I'm done with rice,
White rice causes Beriberi and drains b vitamins especially B1 at an accelerated rate. I like how Dr. Lonsdale described it. Sugar is the fuel, B1 is the spark plug. No spark plug, no ignition. I have a theory that the rate at which rice constipates a person could possibly show the level of B1 deficiency. Just a theory though. I know I lock up on white rice.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

White rice causes Beriberi and drains b vitamins especially B1 at an accelerated rate. I like how Dr. Lonsdale described it. Sugar is the fuel, B1 is the spark plug. No spark plug, no ignition. I have a theory that the rate at which rice constipates a person could possibly show the level of B1 deficiency. Just a theory though. I know I lock up on white rice.

Well given my problems with rice that would definitely make sense. I am definitely thinking someone sick should definitely focus on the most nutritious foods possible which is basically what I'm starting to converge upon. Maple syrup, potatoes, organ meats, gelatin, juices, bone broth, fruits. No muscle meats at all ever anymore. (Well technically liverwurst has some muscle meat I think).

OP
Cirion

Cirion

After reading up on fatty acid oxidation (FAO) I realized I didn't understand the difference between lipyolysis and FAO nor the fact that body fat can indeed be lost without burning it or in a calorie deficit OR waiting out the 600 day half life. I was introduced to a new method called Glucuronidation which is essentially the liver inactivating fat and purging it from the body from urine or stool. Armed with this new knowledge, I think I will experiment again with aspirin, as well as Pyrucet. Aspirin to block lipolysis, and pyrucet to block FAO. Things start to make sense once you start to get a basic knowledge of the biology...

I will also continue to try to heal the liver by eating liverwurst regularly (maybe 2 lbs a week), and supplementing thyroid/liver every day also, continuing my energin supplement, and maybe adding an oral B vitamin supplement also, as well as supplement choline.

The liver is a key player in Glucuronidation, and so the liver must be healthy for this process to work correctly.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I woke up today same weight as yesterday. I thought about complaining but then I realized that I don't have to fast today (since I didn't gain weight) and that I managed to maintain my wt. on solid foods for dinner, so that's something I suppose. Starch still seems to bloat me, even potatoes, but I lost all of the bloat overnight from them so that's cool.

I'm still doing 12 hr fasting though regardless which means no solid food less than 12 hr before I plan to wake up the next day. I think this seems to be effective. I now believe I think I know why and how intermittent fasting works and is highly effectively. My variant on it though still allows sugar during the "fast".

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

I'm not sure it's really that simple? I mean maybe it is, I don't know much about glucuronidation, or more specifically glucuronidation of fat.

So, liverwurst definitely seems to be a food I need for sure. Not to get TMI, but I feel increase in libido if you know what I mean from it, it seems like.

And I'm finding I don't even crave gelatin/my jello concoction hardly at all lately. I think this another bloating food for me anyway, so maybe I should axe it.

I think at this point salty food is almost definitely what I need. Probably why I find I've craved starch, as someone commented earlier I believe. I think I can easily get by on pretty much just liverwurst and potatoes cooked in bone broth, and of course juice, colas etc still. Bone broth is super salty, which is great. And it probably makes getting gelatin redundant anyway, since bone broth is basically as good for you as gelatin. There's 7 g of protein per cup of it and also 700 mg sodium per cup and I put the whole container in my slow cooker (4 cups) so that's 28 gram of protein from the broth alone. And 2.8 gram sodium which is also great.

Maybe this could be why I don't crave liquids at all lately? A big imbalance between salt and liquids? I've noticed that my desire for liquids is very very low these days and that I can oftentimes go a day with less than 64 total oz of liquids ingested (and that includes coffee, colas, juice). I don't even have a noticeable thirst like ever anymore unless I go outside on a hot day and sweat a lot.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

redsun

I'm not sure it's really that simple? I mean maybe it is, I don't know much about glucuronidation, or more specifically glucuronidation of fat.

So, liverwurst definitely seems to be a food I need for sure. Not to get TMI, but I feel increase in libido if you know what I mean from it, it seems like.

And I'm finding I don't even crave gelatin/my jello concoction hardly at all lately. I think this another bloating food for me anyway, so maybe I should axe it.

I think at this point salty food is almost definitely what I need. Probably why I find I've craved starch, as someone commented earlier I believe. I think I can easily get by on pretty much just liverwurst and potatoes cooked in bone broth, and of course juice, colas etc still. Bone broth is super salty, which is great. And it probably makes getting gelatin redundant anyway, since bone broth is basically as good for you as gelatin. There's 7 g of protein per cup of it and also 700 mg sodium per cup and I put the whole container in my slow cooker (4 cups) so that's 28 gram of protein from the broth alone. And 2.8 gram sodium which is also great.

Were you ever taking extra precautions with high gelatin consumption when it comes to B12? Lots of protein from gelatin needs much more B12 to compensate as B12 is needed for protein synthesis. If you weren't the gelatin likely worsened B12 status or even created one. Despite liverwurst mixed with liver, kidney, and heart being a super food, I think the repletion of B12 and folate is likely at play for your positive effects. If libido is improving, that almost always means androgen synthesis is increasing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals