Lose Fat Not Pounds & Seeing Is Believing (before & after pics)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In the resting state, muscles consume mainly fats, so maintaining relatively large muscles is important for preventing the accumulation of fats.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I'm also wondering how you would stay full on such low fat and also less protein. I feel like I I'm gorging myself on fruit all day which is delicious which is delicious and I'm also using honey and Maple syrup and sugar. I don't know how I would stay full without the protein
I did not see on what you wrote being a lot of protein. A serving of shrimp is about 23 grams of protein and a can of oysters is 18 grams, your yogurt dessert is 4 grams and some cottage cheese, cheese and a couple of low-fat milks doesn’t seem like enough food to me either. I would like to mention that the scale does not accurate reflect fat loss, so don’t get discouraged . It took a long time to put the fat on so it is gonna take a bit of time to see your body make that shift. People are shocked to know I weigh close to a 150 pounds and wear a size 6/8. I gave birth to my first son weighing 153 pounds, but I was not comprised of muscle. I don’t eat tons of sugar, fruit or honey and I don’t snack all day either. I eat meals that make me satisfied and pack a punch of protein and nutrition. I do snack the night away instead of having a dinner and it keeps me trimmed doing that and makes me sleep so much better. Eat a bigger breakfast and lunch, like I do so you are not hungry and snacking all day.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Also, if it helps, I'm not actually hitting my protein goal and I am eating more carbs. So in reality it's 40-60g fat, 100-130 g protein, and probably like 250-300 g carbs. I don't know what is optimal really.
I don’t thing there is really an “optimal” amount for a one size fits all, since we are all different. You gotta just keep playing around with it all and if what you are doing is not working then it is time to clear the slat and start all over with new foods. I know you look forward to your evening treat, for mental reasons, but if eating it is gonna satisfy your body enough all night so that your body has no need to use your stored fat is it worth it? I think the misery I felt being unhappy dressing the body I was in, when I had too much accumulated fat, was causing me more mental upset than any bowl of ice cream before bed was helping. I am happy you are giving us all a real time struggle to learn from. Let’s keep figuring this out.

coffeelover

I don’t thing there is really an “optimal” amount for a one size fits all, since we are all different. You gotta just keep playing around with it all and if what you are doing is not working then it is time to clear the slat and start all over with new foods. I know you look forward to your evening treat, for mental reasons, but if eating it is gonna satisfy your body enough all night so that your body has no need to use your stored fat is it worth it? I think the misery I felt being unhappy dressing the body I was in, when I had too much accumulated fat, was causing me more mental upset than any bowl of ice cream before bed was helping. I am happy you are giving us all a real time struggle to learn from. Let’s keep figuring this out.
It's true. I struggle with this a lot. Every day I think, I could go without it. But once 9 pm rolls around I can't resist. It is interesting though to note, that since trying hard to cut my calories this past week, I am waking up super early to go to the bathroom and not getting as much sleep as normal. So that's frustrating.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thanks for your input and ideas!
I’m gonna throw this out there, but coconut oil was not helpful for me to lose weight. I don’t know why, since it seems to for others. I finally had to write Ray Peat about it and he said butter and ghee are better. So I try and fry things in butter and ghee instead of coconut oil if I can. Maybe drop the coconut oil in your nightly treat? Every little thing, coffeelover, will add up to big things, so please don’t get discouraged, you are doing it the slower and right way. Too many people ruin their health doing it in a hurry.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It's true. I struggle with this a lot. Every day I think, I could go without it. But once 9 pm rolls around I can't resist. It is interesting though to note, that since trying hard to cut my calories this past week, I am waking up super early to go to the bathroom and not getting as much sleep as normal. So that's frustrating.
The friend I mentioned at the beginning of this post struggled with her weight to the point that it was affecting her marriage. Every time she would lose weight she would reward herself with a “treat” to a favorite taco place or whatever else she craved. I told her her treats were her undoing. She weight was constantly yo-yoing and she always put back on every pound she lost quickly. Pretty soon her husband got tired of hearing about her temporary weight loss excitement. I told her she shouldn’t treat yourself ever! There are too many variables in life that we don’t account for in keeping our womanly “figures” up to par, like lunches out with a friend, pieces of birthday cakes and holidays. A regular treat isn’t a treat it is a habit. Your body gets use to the same things and will adapt. This is why I suggest having your necessary yogurt treat in a different part of your day and try something else at night. You need more choices than just one. What I eat varies from week to week, and I deny myself things I would want to not undo everything I have gained.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Soft belly fat
It is subcutaneous fat, which is stored just underneath the skin's surface. Subcutaneous fat is soft and jiggles easily. Soft fat can be pinched between the fingers. Everyone has subcutaneous belly fat and is normally harmless. Poor diet and lack of exercise are the main reasons for a build-up of subcutaneous fat. Compared to men, women are more likely to store soft fat in their bellies. Luckily, soft fat is considerably easy to lose. With regular exercise and a healthy diet, soft belly fat may melt on its own.”

“Hard belly fat
Also known as visceral fat, hard belly fat is more harmful then soft belly fat. A high concentration of visceral fat can increase your chance of developing chronic diseases. Because visceral fat is deposited between the internal organs, it packs the organs tightly, leaving no room to move. This make your belly feel hard when you press it.“

Regina

“Soft belly fat
It is subcutaneous fat, which is stored just underneath the skin's surface. Subcutaneous fat is soft and jiggles easily. Soft fat can be pinched between the fingers. Everyone has subcutaneous belly fat and is normally harmless. Poor diet and lack of exercise are the main reasons for a build-up of subcutaneous fat. Compared to men, women are more likely to store soft fat in their bellies. Luckily, soft fat is considerably easy to lose. With regular exercise and a healthy diet, soft belly fat may melt on its own.”

“Hard belly fat
Also known as visceral fat, hard belly fat is more harmful then soft belly fat. A high concentration of visceral fat can increase your chance of developing chronic diseases. Because visceral fat is deposited between the internal organs, it packs the organs tightly, leaving no room to move. This make your belly feel hard when you press it.“

Do we know what the best way to lose hard belly fat?
I have some of the jiggly soft fat below belly button. And then a harder layer above belly button up to diaphragm. I hate this area!!! How do I get rid of it?

I'm.No.One

“Soft belly fat
I literally never had my soft stomach fat, not even after two huge babies (half grown now) until I started eating pro-metabolic.

People here are always saying it's PUFA+cortisol, & I'm like actually I slammed on 30+lbs in two years including my stomach with no processed PUFA and low real food PUFA intake.

The more I lower my my stress, even with low fat intake/2000 calories a day (I'm active so this is for sure a deficit) the more I gain.

Just a random share.

coffeelover

I literally never had my soft stomach fat, not even after two huge babies (half grown now) until I started eating pro-metabolic.

People here are always saying it's PUFA+cortisol, & I'm like actually I slammed on 30+lbs in two years including my stomach with no processed PUFA and low real food PUFA intake.

The more I lower my my stress, even with low fat intake/2000 calories a day (I'm active so this is for sure a deficit) the more I gain.

Just a random share.
Yeah, the part about it being "considerably easy to lose" made me laugh 😂 I've put on so much weight during pregnancies and never could take most of it off. I'm dealing with the aftermath of my 4th baby now with 50+ lb of extra fat.

coffeelover

So I've been trying cheese and fruit for dinner to lighten things up. I bought Jarlsberg lite which is the only low fat cheese made "naturally" with rennet. I've been eating more fruit than I ever have in my life. I also bought this creamy raw honey from Y.S. Eco and I'm having that with cottage cheese. I've kept my dessert some nights but not every night. Sometimes I'm having a glass of 1% milk with some honey or a Trader Joe's dark chocolate honey mint (so good!)

I think I've lost 1 or 2 pounds, but I won't believe it until I see the scale continue to go down. I've gone fluctuated as much as 5 lb up and down in the past but never been able to consistently move down. Since cutting out starches and lowering my fat, I do feel like the upper part of my stomach is flatter. Like maybe my liver area was a bit inflamed but now is doing better...

I went to a nutrition store to do a free In Body scan today and my body fat is 39 % 😱 I'd like to get that down to 32 or a bit lower for sure!! Started walking this week and doing strength 2 days a week. I'll update you as things progress! I'm trying so hard to stay hopeful and not be cynical since I've tried so many times and so many methods already. 🙏

Regina

So I've been trying cheese and fruit for dinner to lighten things up. I bought Jarlsberg lite which is the only low fat cheese made "naturally" with rennet. I've been eating more fruit than I ever have in my life. I also bought this creamy raw honey from Y.S. Eco and I'm having that with cottage cheese. I've kept my dessert some nights but not every night. Sometimes I'm having a glass of 1% milk with some honey or a Trader Joe's dark chocolate honey mint (so good!)

I think I've lost 1 or 2 pounds, but I won't believe it until I see the scale continue to go down. I've gone fluctuated as much as 5 lb up and down in the past but never been able to consistently move down. Since cutting out starches and lowering my fat, I do feel like the upper part of my stomach is flatter. Like maybe my liver area was a bit inflamed but now is doing better...

I went to a nutrition store to do a free In Body scan today and my body fat is 39 % 😱 I'd like to get that down to 32 or a bit lower for sure!! Started walking this week and doing strength 2 days a week. I'll update you as things progress! I'm trying so hard to stay hopeful and not be cynical since I've tried so many times and so many methods already. 🙏
Good ideas! Thx!! Jarlsberg lite will be my first purchase. :thumbup:

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Yayyy! You am so happy to hear this!

coffeelover

I'm wondering what you all would consider the non-negotiable foods to eat for health while actively losing body fat. I have been spending WAY too much money on groceries, having separate foods/meals for me and my family, and I really need to simplify my diet for weight loss, budget, and sanity. I have been drinking raw, whole, organic milk for years but I'm willing to switch to nonfat organic pasteurized for weight loss and budget (even though I once thought it was the devil). I obviously don't want to sacrifice long term health because I'd like to have another child after losing weight, but I'm planning to have a maintenance/preparation period before trying to conceive, where I'll eat more organic and a bit more fat.

coffeelover

Like for example, I've been buying 10 different types of fruit each week for variety. Buying milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese. Collagen, gelatin, casein, whey. What are the bare essentials I need to be healthy but lose weight?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This week I am off cheese and have never eaten yogurt or cottage cheese, just milk. Cheese has so much fat and no filling power, I eat way too much of it when I eat it.

I haven’t been having any gelatin or collagen this past few months, and never have had whey. I think I am sensitive to whatever heavy metals are in gelatin/collagen. With that being said I had a tablespoon of collagen powder last nigh to see if I can get away with some every other day.

For fruit I only eat watermelon, mangos and oranges, if they are super sweet, and keep frozen blueberries and raspberries on hand when I don’t have sweet fruit. So my non-negotiables are my braunschweiger/liver, eggs, coffee, raw honey, butter/ghee and occasional shellfish. I have been trying the sprouted ezekial bread and I love my sprouted brown rice cereal, though I know I have an allergy to brown rice, so it’s a splurge. I eat other things, but they aren’t on a regular basis like the things I mentioned.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Any particular brand or kind of braunschweiger?
I buy this one, which is a blend of 40% grass fed liver and 60% grass fed beef. It fries up like a soft shaved beef instead of a pate, and is seasoned so it isn’t repulsive, like straight liver. I make tacos often using a pound of this braunschweiger and a pound of lean hamburger, and fry it all in lard, and add gelatinous beef broth, some heirloom salsa and dried cumin to it and cook it till all the liquid evaporates out. Everyone loves them, and the liver haters who find out it has liver in them are shocked. I usually stock up when it goes on sale, and shipping is only $10 for as many as I want.

Attachments

• 3477B73F-ED97-4326-9BC2-B196E5986645.jpeg
    3477B73F-ED97-4326-9BC2-B196E5986645.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 14

joaquin

I have been trying the sprouted ezekial bread and I love my sprouted brown rice cereal, though I know I have an allergy to brown rice, so it’s a splurge. I eat other things, but they aren’t on a regular basis like the things I mentioned.
Good luck with the Ezekiel bread. That used to be my addiction. Two pieces of Ezekiel toast at night with some sriracha sauce. I dint lose any weight that way.

Also, I bought some of that sprouted organic oatmeal this weekend. Good stuff!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals