Joe Rogan Carnivore Diet Update

rei

Yes, he made me laugh in embarrassment. But i probably took him too seriously.

Samya

I watched a couple of his videos and he is pretty funny, could totally hang with him irl.

sebastian_r

So three weeks into the carnivore diet.

Getting unreal results.

- Lost 5kg without even trying. Guess roughly 3-4kg of that was water
- Eye floaters gone
- Itchy skin gone
- Eyesight better
- Stable energy all day, doesn't matter if its 8am or 9pm
- Unreal productivity. My business partner can hardly believe what is going on. In one day I accomplish more output than in 3 days before going carnivore.
- Mental clarity that I haven't experienced in 10+ years
- My body temperature and puls are higher!!!

Finally getting all the results I was promised from peating but never got.

Downside: Athletic performance not as good as with carbs.

Nutrition now: Butter, cheese, egg yolks, meat. Maybe 30-40% of calories from meat

Nutrition before: same nutrition as above but with fruits and starch.

Unless problems are showing up I will continue eating like this indefinite. I haven't felt this good in a long time.

So now 4 weeks in, all of the above still true.

Athletic performance catching up / getting better, seems though that I sweat quicker. Don't think that carnivore is the ideal diet for athletic performance.

Mind / memory improving, I remember things I haven't thought about in years.

Good mood, more desire to be social, less anxiety talking to people.

Lost my desire to eat carbs, don't even want to do a cheat day. Afraid to lose momentum. And I have no desire to eat plants, in a strange way I don't recognize them as food anymore.

Never had an comparable experience 4 weeks into a diet. At the same time its an rather easy to follow diet for me. I don't have any cravings or desire to cheat.

Last edited:

RWilly

Athletic performance catching up / getting better, seems though that I sweat quicker.

I did a lot more sweating in my low-carb days (which usually hit me at night once I lay horizontal). I wonder if this is from all that excess iron.

It would be interesting to see some blood work and see how you compare.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Interesting. I wonder if vitamin A also plays a role in this, since they would be at the top of the food chain (like polar bears), who have extremely high vitamin A content in their livers.
I hadn’t considered it from that perspective!

Vinny

Athletic performance catching up / getting better, seems though that I sweat quicker. Don't think that carnivore is the ideal diet for athletic performance.

Lost my desire to eat carbs, don't even want to do a cheat day. Afraid to lose momentum. And I have no desire to eat plants, in a strange way I don't recognize them as food anymore.

Never had an comparable experience 4 weeks into a diet. At the same time its an rather easy to follow diet for me. I don't have any cravings or desire to cheat.
Thanks for the update!

boris

It has to do with trying new ways to approach their problems. If they tried the Peat diet and it didn't work, why not try other strategies?

Also, isn't current common sense build by the midia/ propaganda from corporations? Common sense says that everything in moderation is fine, and that big amounts of sugar, saturated fat and meat are terrible for you. It also says "trust your doctor".

Shawn Baker doesn't look fat, or sick, or weak. Neither do Paul Saladino, Frank Tufano, sv3rige, etc.

I think sveridge seems the best out of them healthwise. But he also eats fruit, juices, butter, milk and cheese.
Frank Tufano has mental health issues, gyno, eats under 1500 calories a day and sleeps 3-4 hours a night for years.

M

metabolizm

What puts me off is the inevitable weight loss. I’m skinny as it is, and I eat lots of starch.

It doesn’t surprise me that you’re feeling great though. Your PUFA intake is extremely low, and you’re basically avoiding all allergens.

Kunstruct

Frank Tufano has mental health issues, gyno, eats under 1500 calories a day and sleeps 3-4 hours a night for years.
I just went a bit online to see his videos since I am not familiar with him, but I do not see him having gyno.
As for mental issues, has he declared he has any diagnosed or it is your assessment?

Markus

What do you typically eat in a day and how many calories do you consume?

you read like someone who’s had low dopamine and acetylcholine for a while and finally getting their fix!

The Edge Effect - Dopamine, Acetylcholine, GABA, and Serotonin Dominance

obviously if you need more fats and proteins to function optimally, if you’re the type of person who has high levels of GABA making you perform well under stress, you’ll do better on a low carb diet and vice versa.

you will make great gains drinking milk PWO

boris

I just went a bit online to see his videos since I am not familiar with him, but I do not see him having gyno.
As for mental issues, has he declared he has any diagnosed or it is your assessment?

I thought he talked about it but seems that I am mistaken, sorry. I still think he is looney though.

For the gyno he had corrective surgery

sebastian_r

What puts me off is the inevitable weight loss. I’m skinny as it is, and I eat lots of starch.
Yes that's a fair point. Down roughly 5kg, unwanted. Guess 3-4kgs is water, since that weightless happened within the first week.

Last edited:

sebastian_r

What do you typically eat in a day and how many calories do you consume?

Butter, egg yolks, cheddar cheese, fatty beef and some bacon.

Meat is maybe 30-40% of calories. 2500-3000cal overall.

Tried only meat carnivore some time ago and didn't liked it. Energy was not that good, think I
have problems when I eat too much beef.

With cheese, butter and egg yolks it's working well.

Last edited:

Kunstruct

I thought he talked about it but seems that I am mistaken, sorry. I still think he is looney though.

For the gyno he had corrective surgery

Now if you get gyno when you are 10-12yr and stays what can you do, there this possibility also.
I would not know since I am not following him, I just saw him based on you mentioning him.
Now how many aren't loonies on this forum or on mental illness medications self-admittedly.

Markus

Butter, egg yolks, cheddar cheese, fatty beef and some bacon.
Meat is maybe 30-40% of calories. 2500-3000cal overall.
Tried only meat carnivore some time ago and didn't liked it. Energy was not that good, think I have problems when I eat too much beef.
With cheese, butter and egg yolks its working great for me.
Ok, thanks! I personally think that including some dairy and eggs is necessary to feel good on a carnivore diet.

rei

Now if you get gyno when you are 10-12yr and stays what can you do, there this possibility also.
I would not know since I am not following him, I just saw him based on you mentioning him.
Now how many aren't loonies on this forum or on mental illness medications self-admittedly.
Frank Tufano is exactly the right kind of looney. The kind you need to be to navigate this world on your own. The other path is being a good boy and let the system take care of you and handle the uncomfortable facts with blind faith.

I have not seen him being wrong on almost anything, even argues using the randle cycle which is almost unheard of. He clearly is able to perceive, think and act. That is exactly why he is facing gaslighting. Maybe even your opinion is mostly built from what you have heard some influencer say about him.

Last edited:
I think sveridge seems the best out of them healthwise. But he also eats fruit, juices, butter, milk and cheese.
I don't think he eats any dairy anymore though, with the exception of butter. From what I gathered, he eats cheese and kefir from time to time when travelling, but not very often.

His digestion seems to be really messed. I think he has low stomach acid production. He should try some thyroid to see what happens. His sleep is pretty concerning too, but he said that it happened after he stayed on a hotel fro two weeks( he said he pretty much couldn't sleep at all during those two weeks!)

About his mental health, he seems to have narcissistic tendencies, but he doesn't seem to be a narcissist( the former isn't pathological, the latter is, and seems to revolve around humiliating others to gain satisfaction). I think his parents weren't that great at valuing him and making him feel respected, so he has to do that for himself.

Frank Tufano is exactly the right kind of looney. The kind you need to be to navigate this world on your own. The other path is being a good boy and let the system take care of you and handle the uncomfortable facts with blind faith.

I have not seen him being wrong on almost anything, even argues using the randle cycle which is almost unheard of. He clearly is able to perceive, think and act. That is exactly why he is facing gaslighting. Maybe even your opinion is mostly built from what you have heard some influencer say about him.
I agree.

Between being crazy and being a sheep person, it's better to crazy, I would think.

And he has done a great job at revealing the grain- fed beef agenda behind the rise in popularity of the carnivore diet. Shawn Baker and Ken Berry literally ignore the piles of evidence that CAFO beef is potentially very harmful. Really, the only explanation is that they are being paid to say that.

And Paul Saladino is an absolute disgrace of a person, copying Frank's info word by word in some cases, and using his medical authority to make it seem like he knows more than people who don't have degrees or a Phd.

Kunstruct

I just asked Boris why he says he has mental issues, please follow the thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals