Food poisoning?

June

Ok not sure where to place this but does food poisoning always result in vomiting/diarrhea? I may hv eaten a questionable food product but all i feel is nausea, stomach burn/acid. I wish i could just vomit so i could feel better. I don’t have diarrhea but as I’m typing this my intestines may be rumbling a bit but nothing significant. It’s strange to have food poisoning but not projectile vomiting? When this nausea appeared I was also taking 500mg Berberine 3x a day and 400mg Magnesium Bisglycinate to ease some SIBO symptoms. I just hope it didnt alter the acidity in my stomach making it more alkaline. Though it doesnt make sense since I feel nausea and heartburn. This sensation that something wants to come up my esophagus is so annoying and painful. Really want to try some pharmaceutical grade baking soda for the burn but too afraid to just incase my stomach is too alkaline. If it’s food poisoning, what do I do? Thanks.

Ok not sure where to place this but does food poisoning always result in vomiting/diarrhea? I may hv eaten a questionable food product but all i feel is nausea, stomach burn/acid. I wish i could just vomit so i could feel better. I don’t have diarrhea but as I’m typing this my intestines may be rumbling a bit but nothing significant. It’s strange to have food poisoning but not projectile vomiting? When this nausea appeared I was also taking 500mg Berberine 3x a day and 400mg Magnesium Bisglycinate to ease some SIBO symptoms. I just hope it didnt alter the acidity in my stomach making it more alkaline. Though it doesnt make sense since I feel nausea and heartburn. This sensation that something wants to come up my esophagus is so annoying and painful. Really want to try some pharmaceutical grade baking soda for the burn but too afraid to just incase my stomach is too alkaline. If it’s food poisoning, what do I do? Thanks.

Eat some burnt toast. What food product do you suspect the problem came from? I called the heslth department about food poisoning and they said it isn't usually from your last meal, but from the one before that. The food you suspect can make things serious or nothing too much to worry about. Ginger is very good for settling the stomach as well as killing bacteria.

OP
J

June

Eat some burnt toast. What food product do you suspect the problem came from? I called the heslth department about food poisoning and they said it isn't usually from your last meal, but from the one before that. The food you suspect can make things serious or nothing too much to worry about. Ginger is very good for settling the stomach as well as killing bacteria.
Thanks for the reply! The food in question were either some pickles in the fridge, homemade tiramisu or a couple day old Roti skin. I did try some ginger last night, not sure if it helped. Maybe upon ingestion it did but definitely didnt make things better today. It’s strange. Usually when i have food poisoning, it is very apparent. Not this type of heartburn nausea where food wants to come up but then doesn’t. Which has me question whether it’s food poisoning at all. The burning feeling is the worst bit about this, coupled with waves of feeling nausea.

Thanks for the reply! The food in question were either some pickles in the fridge, homemade tiramisu or a couple day old Roti skin. I did try some ginger last night, not sure if it helped. Maybe upon ingestion it did but definitely didnt make things better today. It’s strange. Usually when i have food poisoning, it is very apparent. Not this type of heartburn nausea where food wants to come up but then doesn’t. Which has me question whether it’s food poisoning at all. The burning feeling is the worst bit about this, coupled with waves of feeling nausea.
It could be many things. It sounds more to me like something is wrong and your food triggered it than bad food. I am think maybe an obstruction of some sort. Besides the nausea, do you have cramping or pain in any area?

OP
J

June

It could be many things. It sounds more to me like something is wrong and your food triggered it than bad food. I am think maybe an obstruction of some sort. Besides the nausea, do you have cramping or pain in any area?

No cramping. Just the pain from the acid. I forced myself to purge by manipulating the pressure on my stomach and all that came up was clear liquid. That eased the acid around chest, but nausea/fullness still remains. Somehow the acidity profile of my stomach changed in order to feel this way. But the supplements mentioned above tend to lower stomach acid, unless im misinformed. Or lowering stomach acid can cause GERD when trying to digest food. I cant figure out the reason for this but would like to so I can avoid the trigger going forward.

OP
J

June

No cramping. Just the pain from the acid. I forced myself to purge by manipulating the pressure on my stomach and all that came up was clear liquid. That eased the acid around chest, but nausea/fullness still remains. Somehow the acidity profile of my stomach changed in order to feel this way. But the supplements mentioned above tend to lower stomach acid, unless im misinformed. Or lowering stomach acid can cause GERD when trying to digest food. I cant figure out the reason for this but would like to so I can avoid the trigger going forward.
Upon more research on Berberine, it does cause gastrointestinal issues and doesn’t absorb well in stomach. Ive never experienced this before with berberine but I suppose my acid levels could have evolved to initiate this. But it just so happens that when this appeared I did eat questionable foods, so this has me stumped.

Upon more research on Berberine, it does cause gastrointestinal issues and doesn’t absorb well in stomach. Ive never experienced this before with berberine but I suppose my acid levels could have evolved to initiate this. But it just so happens that when this appeared I did eat questionable foods, so this has me stumped.
Let's hope that is the culprit and this will pass. Did you try any baking soda yet?

OP
J

June

Let's hope that is the culprit and this will pass. Did you try any baking soda yet?
Hope so. I haven’t tried the baking soda yet. I think i’m too paranoid. I did a little test by taking half a Tums to see if it would alleviate the burn. It did somewhat. Im not a fan of Tums and its effects on the body but it definitely concluded I have excess acid. I did some digging and Berberine supposedly causes malabsorption. If it caused food to sit in my stomach undigested, then the stomach may have dumped extra acid once berberine moved into my small intestine. I had loose stool today so it could very well be food poisoning still.

Hope so. I haven’t tried the baking soda yet. I think i’m too paranoid. I did a little test by taking half a Tums to see if it would alleviate the burn. It did somewhat. Im not a fan of Tums and its effects on the body but it definitely concluded I have excess acid. I did some digging and Berberine supposedly causes malabsorption. If it caused food to sit in my stomach undigested, then the stomach may have dumped extra acid once berberine moved into my small intestine. I had loose stool today so it could very well be food poisoning still.

Boy I am worried for you. Keep reporting back, especially if you get over this soon. If this gets worse and tge diarrhea keeps up you should start thinking the bacterial angle.

Zoltanman

Hi there, I posted this to another thread but it's worth a copy and paste :): My sure fire food poisoning (if it's confirmed that's what you're dealing with) silver bullet post:

"Stomach acid is your main defense here, lower it more with antacids and this will stay longer and get worse.

I used to run a natural therapies clinic and had great success with food poisoning. I used "Digestion Plus Tablets" by an australian company. Basically a stomach acid booster/supplier. Each tablet contains: Betaine Hydrochloride 650mg. Pepsin (1:10000) (Porcine) 31.5mg. Gentiana Lutea Root Powder (Gentian) 20mg.

This will kill pathogenic strains very well, and the higher acid stomach will send signals of high acid to other parts of the digestion and they will up the alkalinity, again killing more baddies you don't want.

ANY betaine hydrochloride and pepsin tablet or cap will do, and should be available where you are, or able to mail in from close.

Charcoal tablets or capsules are a must also, take 4-5 tablets or caps with a tablespoon of coconut oil (yes, it'll flush you; be close to a toilet till it does.) then, continue to take charcoal away from food, up to 15 caps or tabs a day total. Get them at any pharmacy, no script needed.

Lastly, one emergency case I helped over the phone was going to the ER in the town he was travelling through, he was that bad. His wife rang me for advice, with only the local supermarket at hand, here's how he got better enough to continue travelling in 2 hours and there was no hospital visit needed:

1 heaped teaspoon minced Raw onion, and swallowed with water like it was pills. Repeat every 20 minutes till bowels move, then every 30 minutes to an hour after, till next bowel movement. Assess results. If still feeling off, continue hourly.

If you also take half a clove of peeled and chopped raw garlic + 1/4 raw medium carrot (chewed) + 2 cardamom pods (swallowed whole) when you take the onion you will get an extraordinary kill rate and symptoms will usually lower within 2 hours.

My wife and I ate our way across Vietnam with only those betaine "digestion plus" tablets as protection. Every little roadside hut or stall we wanted to try, we just took a third of a tablet with snacks and a full tablet at meals. Super-powered, iron-stomach happy digestion was the result. Acid REALLY IS your friend here.

Stick to gelatin rich foods as you recover, and look for animal based vitamin A foods, your digestive lining won't get right until you replenish your A status properly.

Hope this helps!!"

Ismail

Hi there, I posted this to another thread but it's worth a copy and paste :): My sure fire food poisoning (if it's confirmed that's what you're dealing with) silver bullet post:

"Stomach acid is your main defense here, lower it more with antacids and this will stay longer and get worse.

I used to run a natural therapies clinic and had great success with food poisoning. I used "Digestion Plus Tablets" by an australian company. Basically a stomach acid booster/supplier. Each tablet contains: Betaine Hydrochloride 650mg. Pepsin (1:10000) (Porcine) 31.5mg. Gentiana Lutea Root Powder (Gentian) 20mg.

This will kill pathogenic strains very well, and the higher acid stomach will send signals of high acid to other parts of the digestion and they will up the alkalinity, again killing more baddies you don't want.

ANY betaine hydrochloride and pepsin tablet or cap will do, and should be available where you are, or able to mail in from close.

Charcoal tablets or capsules are a must also, take 4-5 tablets or caps with a tablespoon of coconut oil (yes, it'll flush you; be close to a toilet till it does.) then, continue to take charcoal away from food, up to 15 caps or tabs a day total. Get them at any pharmacy, no script needed.

Lastly, one emergency case I helped over the phone was going to the ER in the town he was travelling through, he was that bad. His wife rang me for advice, with only the local supermarket at hand, here's how he got better enough to continue travelling in 2 hours and there was no hospital visit needed:

1 heaped teaspoon minced Raw onion, and swallowed with water like it was pills. Repeat every 20 minutes till bowels move, then every 30 minutes to an hour after, till next bowel movement. Assess results. If still feeling off, continue hourly.

If you also take half a clove of peeled and chopped raw garlic + 1/4 raw medium carrot (chewed) + 2 cardamom pods (swallowed whole) when you take the onion you will get an extraordinary kill rate and symptoms will usually lower within 2 hours.

My wife and I ate our way across Vietnam with only those betaine "digestion plus" tablets as protection. Every little roadside hut or stall we wanted to try, we just took a third of a tablet with snacks and a full tablet at meals. Super-powered, iron-stomach happy digestion was the result. Acid REALLY IS your friend here.

Stick to gelatin rich foods as you recover, and look for animal based vitamin A foods, your digestive lining won't get right until you replenish your A status properly.

Hope this helps!!"
Does it have to be porcine pepsin, can a vegetarian version of betaine with fungal pepsin like this one suffice?:

Betaine HCl 648 mg with 150 mg Pepsin 120 Veg Capsules Betaine HCl 648 mg with 150 mg Pepsin 120 Veg Capsules : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

Ismail

@Zoltanman i only have powdered activated charcoal, is it fair to say that 4-5 capsules would equate to approximately a teaspoon of powder? And then mix it with water? Thanks again 🙏

Zoltanman

@Zoltanman i only have powdered activated charcoal, is it fair to say that 4-5 capsules would equate to approximately a teaspoon of powder? And then mix it with water? Thanks again 🙏
sorry for the late reply! I think that would roughly equate, maybe be more on the teaspoon than in caps. I've taken up to ten caps per dose of charcoal, so I don't see any issues either way.

I have no data at all on veg/bacterial sources of pepsin, sorry. Best bet is to just try it and assess symptoms. Hopefully it'll work!

I'd definitely recommend getting some empty caps for your charcoal doses, it's pretty awful going down as just a powder with water...

Ismail

sorry for the late reply! I think that would roughly equate, maybe be more on the teaspoon than in caps. I've taken up to ten caps per dose of charcoal, so I don't see any issues either way.

I have no data at all on veg/bacterial sources of pepsin, sorry. Best bet is to just try it and assess symptoms. Hopefully it'll work!

I'd definitely recommend getting some empty caps for your charcoal doses, it's pretty awful going down as just a powder with water...
Thank you, appreciate the advice - your advice (in another thread) really totally helped me last time I got food poisoning - thank you again 🙏

Yeh it’s not great on the throat chugging down the charcoal with water :)

Zoltanman

Thank you, appreciate the advice - your advice (in another thread) really totally helped me last time I got food poisoning - thank you again 🙏

Yeh it’s not great on the throat chugging down the charcoal with water :)
Just remembered (not in time to help with the water chugging lol) that mixing charcoal powder into yoghurt makes it easier to ingest. This might help anyone else reading the thread later :):

Ismail

Just remembered (not in time to help with the water chugging lol) that mixing charcoal powder into yoghurt makes it easier to ingest. This might help anyone else reading the thread later :):
Thank you 😊

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals