Joe Rogan Carnivore Diet Update

kreeese

trying to understand this "thread" on Dr Peats forum First they come to me with low carb diet then they come to me high protein....then its keto...then its keto OMAD
lmao now its Carnivore BUT with one or 2 meals! all fat sick and weak Then I smack my clients and put em on high fat high carb Peat inspired diet and they all lose weight and are happy! WHAT HAPPENED TO PEOPLE...TO COMMON SENSE...lol like my dad says Its very uncommon these days to have common sense
sighs well just my 2 BILLION CENTS WORTH.......

trying to understand this "thread" on Dr Peats forum First they come to me with low carb diet then they come to me high protein....then its keto...then its keto OMAD
lmao now its Carnivore BUT with one or 2 meals! all fat sick and weak Then I smack my clients and put em on high fat high carb Peat inspired diet and they all lose weight and are happy! WHAT HAPPENED TO PEOPLE...TO COMMON SENSE...lol like my dad says Its very uncommon these days to have common sense
sighs well just my 2 BILLION CENTS WORTH.......
It has to do with trying new ways to approach their problems. If they tried the Peat diet and it didn't work, why not try other strategies?

Also, isn't current common sense build by the midia/ propaganda from corporations? Common sense says that everything in moderation is fine, and that big amounts of sugar, saturated fat and meat are terrible for you. It also says "trust your doctor".

Shawn Baker doesn't look fat, or sick, or weak. Neither do Paul Saladino, Frank Tufano, sv3rige, etc.

redsun

It has to do with trying new ways to approach their problems. If they tried the Peat diet and it didn't work, why not try other strategies?

Also, isn't current common sense build by the midia/ propaganda from corporations? Common sense says that everything in moderation is fine, and that big amounts of sugar, saturated fat and meat are terrible for you. It also says "trust your doctor".

Shawn Baker doesn't look fat, or sick, or weak. Neither do Paul Saladino, Frank Tufano, sv3rige, etc.

Frank has been complaining about being tired though in his latest vlog type video and he does seem to have dealt with fatigue especially ever since he has had more stuff to do like with his company and what not. Literally textbook example of when carbohydrates become more beneficial and even essential.

Being on your feet and mentally active and physically active (he's going to the gym daily now) turns your body from primarily burning fat (which applies to all humans) to increasing carb burning. Eating a diet with carbs allows people to deal with this no problem. Soon as thats out of the equation from eating low carb you get problems.

This is why sv3rige looks a lot better than Frank. He is very sedentary, if he does exercise its walking which is almost entirely fat burning (especially when eating LC) so it does not increase the need for carbs so is not stressful at all to the body.

Frank has been complaining about being tired though in his latest vlog type video and he does seem to have dealt with fatigue especially ever since he has had more stuff to do like with his company and what not. Literally textbook example of when carbohydrates become more beneficial and even essential.

Being on your feet and mentally active and physically active (he's going to the gym daily now) turns your body from primarily burning fat (which applies to all humans) to increasing carb burning. Eating a diet with carbs allows people to deal with this no problem. Soon as thats out of the equation from eating low carb you get problems.

This is why sv3rige looks a lot better than Frank. He is very sedentary, if he does exercise its walking which is almost entirely fat burning (especially when eating LC) so it does not increase the need for carbs so is not stressful at all to the body.
Yeah, I hear you. Also, it seems like Frank doesn't have a good appetite. I can't remember if he said this has to do with the accutane that he took a long time ago or if it's something else. Even though he's lifting weights everyday, he doesn't even eat that much compared to Shawn or sv3rige. Also, he's eating honey and dairy now, so that's good. But he's been pretty stressed out for a while now, which I think plays a very big role. Working on his company+ internet drama can be pretty stressful.

The only way to produce a ton of glucose to replenish glycogen stores without carbs is through gluconeogenesis, so maybe that's why Shawn is doing apparently fine: the guy is eating 4 or 5 pounds of meat a day. Lots of glycerol and aminoacids there.

Sv3rige used to lift, but I'm not sure if he does anymore. If he still does, he's probably not lifting everyday like Frank.

I myself think that carbs are extremely beneficial, but from what I gather regarding people going on the carnivore diet, they do it because it works for gut issues when nothing else did. Some people who go on a carnivore diet don't do it because they think carbs are poison, but because it works for certain issues. Vegetable Police, for example, decided to try it because he couldn't take the gut issues anymore( although he's pretty much vegan now again, after his near- death kefir experience).

kreeese

they look like ***t ...especially the guys you named ..its hilarious ...watch mark bell ..he is on I think day 52 of carnivore he looks terrible look always at the eyes...the incredible stress ...Plus most dudes use alot of gear when they are "carnivoring" hilarious probably the worst of the worst die et

redsun

Yeah, I hear you. Also, it seems like Frank doesn't have a good appetite. I can't remember if he said this has to do with the accutane that he took a long time ago or if it's something else. Even though he's lifting weights everyday, he doesn't even eat that much compared to Shawn or sv3rige. Also, he's eating honey and dairy now, so that's good. But he's been pretty stressed out for a while now, which I think plays a very big role. Working on his company+ internet drama can be pretty stressful.

The only way to produce a ton of glucose to replenish glycogen stores without carbs is through gluconeogenesis, so maybe that's why Shawn is doing apparently fine: the guy is eating 4 or 5 pounds of meat a day. Lots of glycerol and aminoacids there.

Sv3rige used to lift, but I'm not sure if he does anymore. If he still does, he's probably not lifting everyday like Frank.

I myself think that carbs are extremely beneficial, but from what I gather regarding people going on the carnivore diet, they do it because it works for gut issues when nothing else did. Some people who go on a carnivore diet don't do it because they think carbs are poison, but because it works for certain issues. Vegetable Police, for example, decided to try it because he couldn't take the gut issues anymore( although he's pretty much vegan now again, after his near- death kefir experience).

Yeh I recall how silent and generally non troublesome my gut used to be on a zero fiber carnivore-like diet. Did still have sugar and carbs from dairy, couldnt control my urges for sugar so I had it in the form of white sugar, soda when I caved. Never touched starch.

Yeh he is very stressed out, and the bits of carbs he has added back in are doing him a favor but him being so stressed is exactly why he could do with some more carbs. I dont think more carbs are always the answer, but frank does virtually everything right nutritionally speaking. Best fat and proteins, micros, food quality, nutrient density... only thing is he restricts one macro, carbs. I don't know what his carb intake is atm though.

For Shawn, I think there would be a quite large amount of creatine in all that red meat as well, which would be somewhat compensating for lack of carbs in terms of anaerobic capacity, allowing him to be pretty strong in the gym from what I understand. Also the increased glucose from gluconeogenesis as you mentioned.

they look like ***t ...especially the guys you named ..its hilarious ...watch mark bell ..he is on I think day 52 of carnivore he looks terrible look always at the eyes...the incredible stress ...Plus most dudes use alot of gear when they are "carnivoring" hilarious probably the worst of the worst die et
But you're changing your argument now. Before it was fat, sick and weak. Now it is "they look like sh!t."

I think they look better than most people on a western diet. Also, I don't understand how Paul Saladino looks like sh*t...?

I could think of a few diets which are worse than the carnivore diet.

I think you failed to address my point. What I said in my previous post was there is nothing wrong with experimenting with other strategies to solve one's issues. I never said anything about a low carb diet being the best diet, long- term or short-term. If a diet solves their gut issues for the time being, then they probably don't care if it makes them look supposedly worse.

Yeh I recall how silent and generally non troublesome my gut used to be on a zero fiber carnivore-like diet. Did still have sugar and carbs from dairy, couldnt control my urges for sugar so I had it in the form of white sugar, soda when I caved. Never touched starch.

Yeh he is very stressed out, and the bits of carbs he has added back in are doing him a favor but him being so stressed is exactly why he could do with some more carbs. I dont think more carbs are always the answer, but frank does virtually everything right nutritionally speaking. Best fat and proteins, micros, food quality, nutrient density... only thing is he restricts one macro, carbs. I don't know what his carb intake is atm though.

For Shawn, I think there would be a quite large amount of creatine in all that red meat as well, which would be somewhat compensating for lack of carbs in terms of anaerobic capacity, allowing him to be pretty strong in the gym from what I understand. Also the increased glucose from gluconeogenesis as you mentioned.
I agree. Frank is one of carnivores with the biggest amount of nuance when it comes to ratios of minerals, vitamins, etc. and he's still suffering some problems. Goes to show how powerful stress can be. In one video, he said he was drinking half a gallon of goat milk a day, which would be around 80 grams of carbs, but I don't think that lasted very long. In one of his last videos, he was consuming a few tablespoons of honey, so maybe 40 grams of carbs at best. Not very much.

Good point about creatine.

Runenight201

Repeat it with me! Eyeees, hair, skin, and toes. Skin and toes. Eyeeees, hair, skin, and toes; skin and toes. (Ok not really toes, but cmon we all remember the nursery rhyme right??)

Vegetable Police did a video about how everyone who does keto has the keto eyes. He’s damn right. See it in myself if I have too much meat. Eye bags, red eyes, hair loss, low energy. Oh the irony! How all these people running health YouTube channels suffer from all these health problems, yet espouse their diet as being the way.

Vegetable Police is my favorite though out of all of them. He thoroughly understands what a farce it all is and makes some good humor out of it. It’s a shame that his vegan ideology holds him back from reaching the pinnacles of health. He even self-admittedly feels better with animal protein in his diet, but nonetheless is still looking for a vegan solution...

So three weeks into the carnivore diet.

Getting unreal results.

- Lost 5kg without even trying. Guess roughly 3-4kg of that was water
- Eye floaters gone
- Itchy skin gone
- Eyesight better
- Stable energy all day, doesn't matter if its 8am or 9pm
- Unreal productivity. My business partner can hardly believe what is going on. In one day I accomplish more output than in 3 days before going carnivore.
- Mental clarity that I haven't experienced in 10+ years
- My body temperature and puls are higher!!!

Finally getting all the results I was promised from peating but never got.

Downside: Athletic performance not as good as with carbs.

Nutrition now: Butter, cheese, egg yolks, meat. Maybe 30-40% of calories from meat

Nutrition before: same nutrition as above but with fruits and starch.

Unless problems are showing up I will continue eating like this indefinite. I haven't felt this good in a long time.

this reads like high cortisol and adrenaline.

your brain needs 100g of sugar a day, no matter who you are no matter where you live no matter how sedentary.
In the absence of liver glycogen, you’ll pump out those hormones that make you feel like a million bucks, until they don’t anymore. Perhaps NOT working out makes it all the more sustainable. Kelly Hogan and other long term carnivores look fantastic but they most definitely don’t work out, which means no extra stressors and no extra cortisol+adrenaline.

I recommend Carnivore OMAD, except that I suggest people drink whole milk and snack on some fruit through their day. My alternative to milk is coconut milk + fortified OJ + gelatin. I only sit down to eat once daily around 3pm / whenever I take my lunchbreak. There’s no valid biochemical reason to deplete liver glycogen year round. There’s no valid biochemical reason to think ketosis is a superior state of being.

If overweight and severely insulin resistant / inflamed liver, then perhaps a regular carnivore OMAD will do, plus water and caffeinated drinks.

Last edited:

Samya

Vegetable Police did a video about how everyone who does keto has the keto eyes.

I know what you mean about keto eyes, particularly with some women eating keto I've noticed it, it's almost like a lifeless dead look in their eyes. I haven't noticed it with everyone though, perhaps it's due to undereating so a lack of energy.

laleto12

I know what you mean about keto eyes, particularly with some women eating keto I've noticed it, it's almost like a lifeless dead look in their eyes. I haven't noticed it with everyone though, perhaps it's due to undereating so a lack of energy.

I’ve had the same eyes when i tried carnivore diet. (Dropped it at the 7th month.) I felt like I was losing the light and the youth in my eyes. They looked dull and not vibrant at all.

Runenight201

I’ve had the same eyes when i tried carnivore diet. (Dropped it at the 7th month.) I felt like I was losing the light and the youth in my eyes. They looked dull and not vibrant at all.

I saw a photo of Mark Bell and in it he was opening his eyes as wide as humanely possible. He must be aware of what’s going on and in photos is purposely widening them to give the appearance of healthy eyes.

Jennifer

Vegetable Police is my favorite though out of all of them. He thoroughly understands what a farce it all is and makes some good humor out of it. It’s a shame that his vegan ideology holds him back from reaching the pinnacles of health. He even self-admittedly feels better with animal protein in his diet, but nonetheless is still looking for a vegan solution...
That cow he petted in Thailand has him hooked! lol I don't blame him. It's too bad the Medical Medium has him believing that eggs feed viruses (or something like that) because relatively ethically produced eggs can be had where he is so he wouldn't have to feel like he's totally giving up on his ethics, assuming he'd tolerate eggs, of course.

Runenight201

That cow he petted in Thailand has him hooked! lol I don't blame him. It's too bad the Medical Medium has him believing that eggs feed viruses (or something like that) because relatively ethically produced eggs can be had where he is so he wouldn't have to feel like he's totally giving up on his ethics, assuming he'd tolerate eggs, of course.

What’s the vegan argument against eggs? Meat is self-evident. Milk is that it forces a cycle of impregnation, separation of young from mother, and then eventual slaughter of the forced birth. Is the egg argument purely just that it’s the human’s use of animals for food, without “consent” from the animal to use its egg?

Tenacity

What’s the vegan argument against eggs? Meat is self-evident. Milk is that it forces a cycle of impregnation, separation of young from mother, and then eventual slaughter of the forced birth. Is the egg argument purely just that it’s the human’s use of animals for food, without “consent” from the animal to use its egg?

They tend to say that chickens have been bred to produce an unnatural amount of eggs, such that it's harmful to the animal's welfare. They may also comment on the slaughter of male chicks.

Jennifer

They tend to say that chickens have been bred to produce an unnatural amount of eggs, such that it's harmful to the animal's welfare. They may also comment on the slaughter of male chicks.
Yep, those are two of the main reasons why, especially the chick culling. In case you're interested @Runenight201:

Chick culling - Wikipedia

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh! I always forget about Inuits.

what an interesting population. High omega 3s, never enter ketosis, snacks are wild fruits whenever they find them.

and yet somehow, ZERO carb beef eaters (and only beef) consider them as fellow carnivores.

Reddit’s keto science is full of people who keep blaming sugar and PUFAs for obesity and disease. Everybody wants their big bad guy huh.

I must be missing something.

rei

Vegetable Police
Jesus christ that dude is special, instead of hanging in the park like a developmentally disabled vegan monkey maybe he should eat some beef.

Do you think he has something valuable to say?

Code:
https://youtu.be/RA5Fa4BiRWg?t=233

Last edited:

Runenight201

Jesus christ that dude is special, instead of hanging in the park like a developmentally disabled vegan monkey maybe he should eat some beef.

Do you think he has something valuable to say?

Code:
https://youtu.be/RA5Fa4BiRWg?t=233

He makes me laugh, and that in itself is valuable.