Sebaceous filaments are ruining my face

Hey, I was wondering if you still use the same skin routine? I’ve been having some skin issues that I think are caused by using new product after new product. Come to think of it, my skin was best when going product free for a couple weeks.
I barely do anything with my skin. I just wash it at night, every couple of days and leave it alone. I ALWAYS rinse my face in very cold water when I shower, but no soap. I use this cleanser. Here is my no make-up pic from about 5 months ago....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-175741_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211016-175741_Gallery.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220306_195930.jpg
    20220306_195930.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220306_195933.jpg
    20220306_195933.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220306_195952.jpg
    20220306_195952.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 103

Korven

My 2nd hypothesis is that the skin is producing excessive amounts of keratin as a defensive reaction to some irritant (e.g harsh soaps/SLS, other skincare chemicals, demodex overgrowth, yeast overgrowth).

GorillaHead

My 2nd hypothesis is that the skin is producing excessive amounts of keratin as a defensive reaction to some irritant (e.g harsh soaps/SLS, other skincare chemicals, demodex overgrowth, yeast overgrowth).
So have u used zz cream! Its expensive af. 50 bucks.

Korven

So have u used zz cream! Its expensive af. 50 bucks.

Yeah it's ridiculously effective! And one pot will last you for well over a year as you only need a tiny amount diluted with water. After demodex are dead you only need to apply 1-2 times per week as a maintenance protocol.

Last edited:

Kikimancy

If anyone still needs this, here is a really great resource for skin detox: Skin Cleaning, Detoxification and Rejuvenation

The main thing taught in the above site is how to make and use a vodka-based mineralized cleanser, followed by the application of more minerals and fats to the skin to replenish and moisturize.

I've been dealing with skin congestion, oiliness & pores along the t-zone since puberty. I always had to rely on a combo of harsh skincare and makeup throughout the day to keep it under control. Since I started using the vodka cleanser, followed by homemade vitamin C serum, mag chloride oil, and another homemade tallow-based lotion my pores have never looked better, I barely have any excess oil anymore, and I don't feel the need for any makeup save for a little pearl powder to even out my skintone and mattify what little shine is still left.

The cleanser is pretty strong so I only use it every other day or so. Seems like it's helping my face tan more evenly too, rather than freckling, and maybe it's all the massage that comes with using it, or going cold turkey on PUFA-laden skincare, but there's more color in my cheeks. I started this regimen only a few days before I started taking Cytomel though so it's hard to say exactly what's causing what. But I definitely noticed improvements to my skin texture immediately upon using it for the first time.