My Peaty Day

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Today I’m going to get my labs drawn. Labs that I chose, ordered and paid for myself online. No doctors appointment or begging and pleading necessary! I’ve been doing this for years now but before learning about Peat and joining this forum I never knew it was an option. It’s been empowering and has helped me take charge of my own health. I’m in the US so I’m not sure how it works in other parts of the world and regulations even vary by state here but if it’s a possibility for you I highly recommend you take advantage of this freedom we still have.
Every single day Peat impacts my life- from my eating choices, home lighting, time in nature, sleep, stress management and outlook on life in general.
The day we found out about his passing I admit to having a rough patch but I gathered myself, prayed extra, took a large dose of progesterone in his memory and slept like a baby.
I’m curious what Peaty things y’all are doing today?

Rafe

The memorial last night took me from bummed out to happy. It was touching & happy.

This morning I’m puttering around, drinking coffee, thinking about how I’m going to take it to the next level in the coming year.

Stay tuned

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The memorial last night took me from bummed out to happy. It was touching & happy.

This morning I’m puttering around, drinking coffee, thinking about how I’m going to take it to the next level in the coming year.

Stay tuned
Awesome! I love it. I haven't gotten through the whole memorial yet because I'm on call this weekend but I've really enjoyed what I've been able to catch so far. It was really wonderful that Georgi and Danny put that together.

CJ_87

You should watch the memorial, especially the first hour. When a friend of Ray's and Katherine's phones in it would be difficult for anyone with the faintest respect for Ray to not cry along with Danny.

@Blossom that sounds like a perfect tribute to Ray's wisdom. Progesterone is something he recommended highly. Unfortunately the only Peaty things I have done today is getting lots of fruit juices, some aspirin and baking soda, and a little dairy. But as long as we have life, the possibilities remain open to us.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You should watch the memorial, especially the first hour. When a friend of Ray's and Katherine's phones in it would be difficult for anyone with the faintest respect for Ray to not cry along with Danny.

@Blossom that sounds like a perfect tribute to Ray's wisdom. Progesterone is something he recommended highly. Unfortunately the only Peaty things I have done today is getting lots of fruit juices, some aspirin and baking soda, and a little dairy. But as long as we have life, the possibilities remain open to us.
Sounds great! I made it through the first 1/2 hour before a work call and then got to listen to Trebbie's part while driving. I loved hearing what she had to say about him and his passing peacefully in his sleep.

Lilac

I've been taking a whole aspirin every other night. And I've been doing little sips of niacinamide in juice with every meal this whole year. I think this has been helpful, as everything is working better in 2022 than it did in 2021.

I had a striking "perceive, think, act" moment early this week, before we heard about Ray. I woke up early one morning feeling a heavy gloom. This is very unlike me. I have had family problems going on, so was this the cause? The skies were gray, too. I was wondering how people cope with this kind of depression. I decided to do some constructive chores so the whole day wouldn't be negative (fight the helpless feeling). And then I realized that I had eaten a large dinner of (goitrogenic!) cabbage and pork two days in a row. Not Peaty, and boy did I pay the price. I then "acted" by tossing the remainder down the garbage disposal. I felt fine the next day.

Hearing about Ray's death was a blow, but I was in such a better place metabolically that I was able to cope easily.

Summer

That’s great, Blossom. I’d like to get lab work done as well. I’ll have to research how to do that.

Ray’s passing snapped me out of a stint of health-related apathy. Just getting fast food after work because it’s convenient, not getting any sunlight because I’d rather be lazy on the couch, etc. I don’t want to let the information he passed along to all of us go to waste. There is too much beauty in life for it to be wasted due to laziness and depression. I take comfort in knowing his spirit lives on and I want to carry on his work and ideas in my own way.

Jennifer

When a friend of Ray's and Katherine's phones in it would be difficult for anyone with the faintest respect for Ray to not cry along with Danny.

This. Though my heart aches for his family and friends, I’ve been so at peace with Ray’s passing, knowing that his was a well lived life and he passed peacefully, and in my faith, he is still with us, just in a different way now, but once Danny started crying, I was balling.

I did the usual “Peaty” things today like having my milk, cheese and fruit, and taking Progest–E, vitamin D and some aspirin for a fever and migraine I’m working through, but I think the most important Ray thing I did was continue to live with a deep passion for life. At 86, Ray had to have experienced plenty of loss and we know he witnessed plenty of horrors, but he never lost his passion for life. I have always seen Ray as an artist, first and foremost, which is why I believe I related to him so much, and artists have a special way of looking at the world around them. There is so much reverence for even the most seemingly mundane things.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been taking a whole aspirin every other night. And I've been doing little sips of niacinamide in juice with every meal this whole year. I think this has been helpful, as everything is working better in 2022 than it did in 2021.

I had a striking "perceive, think, act" moment early this week, before we heard about Ray. I woke up early one morning feeling a heavy gloom. This is very unlike me. I have had family problems going on, so was this the cause? The skies were gray, too. I was wondering how people cope with this kind of depression. I decided to do some constructive chores so the whole day wouldn't be negative (fight the helpless feeling). And then I realized that I had eaten a large dinner of (goitrogenic!) cabbage and pork two days in a row. Not Peaty, and boy did I pay the price. I then "acted" by tossing the remainder down the garbage disposal. I felt fine the next day.

Hearing about Ray's death was a blow, but I was in such a better place metabolically that I was able to cope easily.
Great job figuring it out and acting accordingly!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There is too much beauty in life for it to be wasted due to laziness and depression.
Definitely, I think we all have those moments and what’s important is to not get stuck in them.

Peatress

I had labs done privately too. According to the Dr who interpreted my results my cholesterol is elevated. She suggested I try to reduce it by considering cholesterol lowering drugs. As I am on the RPF and very familiar with Dr Peat’s writing on cholesterol I laughed out loud. I wish there was a way to let her know that I am trying to increase my cholesterol from the existing 210 to 300.

Peating is a revolutionary act.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals