Insidious And Baffling Nausea (reflux)

Rayn

Greetings. I’ve been a strict carnivore long before it became mainstream for about 14 years now. Initially my meals were just fatty steak with veggies for decoration (still consumed), butter, eggs etc. (I’m 33 years old now)

Coupled with an extremely athletic background (national level Olympic lifter), always moving, never sedentary lifestyle the diet offered the salubrity it advertised.

10 years ago I was introduced to coffee, and found it synergistic with my lifestyle which has always been high octane.

I would consume multiple cups a day, not for wanting Or lacking of energy, but simply because it paired nicely with the way I lifted weights (aggressively) and operated my business (also very aggressively)

As time rolled on I wanted to put on your more size & strength so I added in white rice and or potatoes cooked in tallow with my steaks. All meals during this period were spread out in an IF style timeframe. Fasting had been key to my performance and made me feel incredible.

fast forward 8 years into the diet, the past 6 years I have dealt with sporadic and extremely severe bouts of nausea at night time. Like clockwork, I would get a very airy, levitational feeling in my stomach (as if gut permeability was occurring) and the nausea would be so pernicious it would shrink my world into one of just stark misery. It would turn into me pleasing to a phantasmic god to remove this from me.

sometimes it would get so bad I would throw up with incredibly powerful wretching. Prior to throwing up I would be nauseous and also become extremely clammy. No matter how hot the temperature I would feel very cold.

being the stubborn man that I am I figured it was just stress and kept marching on, day after day slamming coffee (bulletproof coffee now with tons of butter)

I’d throw up a few times a month and began to just enjoy it; chalking it up to a purge. I began to develop a warped relationship with the suffering, as I had never experienced this kind of nausea before. It was so awful many times I wished a revolver was nearby so I could take away the feeling.

alas, I would purge, and fight on.

I can see that now in the last 2 years it’s gotten progressively much worse. It’s to the point where if I delete coffee completely and just drink sparkling Water I’m toast later that evening. Inevitably I will feel that same airy, clammy, mildly nauseous feeling.

Anecdotally, the feeling begins when I’m laying down, even at a 45 degree angle. Prepping myself up doesn’t seem to give me any relief whatsoever. Sometimes I’d be forced to go for a stroll at 1am, waking up to the feeling. Occasionally if I walked far and breathed hard through my diaphragm the nausea would dissipate. But many times it was too late and I’d end up belching in a bush

I will amend this by saying that along with red meat I do eat very high quality pork, and also extremely high quality cheese. I absolutely see an uptick in this horrific feeling when I have pork and cheese in the same day I drink coffee or eat cheese.

I decided to embark on a serious self-experimentation mission to crack this code. I have found that the only consistent alleviation I can find is if I JUST consume red meat, water, and salt. I can string together multiple days with what feels like a perfect gut.

my strength and performance and overall FEEL as I walked through life was never negatively impacted from what I can tell during this experience. It was only a night battle. During the morning and day I’ve always had a zeal for life and felt extraordinarily energetic.

I also began smoking cigarettes in the past 2 years, and have obviously found this to be the most brutal X factor in the combination of everything I’m doing as it relates to the reflux. It’s a wrap if I smoke, drink coffee, and eat pork in the same day. I’m guaranteed to experience one hell of a miserable evening.

lately I’ve resorted to calcium carbonate as it gives me instant relief when I feel the onset of nausea coming on.

a very educated smart dude on here actually pointed me to these forums as he had recommended raw kefir as a sort of chaser along with coffee to settle my stomach.

I’ve tried it for 2 weeks now and do seem to feel pretty good during the day when I pair it with my coffee. But if I add in cheese or pork later on, or even a tiny bit of sparking water-the reflux comes rearing back.

ALWAYS 10-12 hours later and always at night. I’m truly submitting to the fact that I don’t have a handle on this. I’m at my wits end trying to figure this out on my end. Does anyone have any insight as to what could be going on here? Thank you for your anticipated help!

(PS: the absolute worst food:drink of them all for my reflux is pork fat. If I eat pork belly or very very fatty bacon with coffee it’s a guaranteed vomiting session later that evening)

(PSS: one other detail. I’d notice right after eating id get A very scratchy kind of grunting cough. Always thought it was from standing over the smoke while grilling my steaks. I’ve examined it more closely and it definitely just clicks on from mere consumption of food. It’s a grumbling concurrent cough. Mild but still enough to cause annoyance)

Last edited:

X3CyO

have you tried lowering your fat intake?
you get nausea even from eating just a salad?

Do you fast?

all of this sounds like a bile problem.

OP
R

Rayn

I’m strict carnivore the past 2 years. Zero veg. Only red meat cheese and pork. Yes, most of the time I’m OMAD, max I do 2 meals a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals