Quitting Smoking And Restoring Lung Function?

Ashoka

I’ve been smoking about half a pack of cigarettes a day for four months. I started doing it as I was going through a breakup, and yesterday for the first time I probably smoked more than half a pack. Also I used to smoke in college, and have quit and started again a couple times. My health is already bad due to multiple factors including lyme disease and hormonal issues. Normally when I smoke too much the effects wear off with some time, but I woke up this morning feeling like I could hardly breathe, and the effects feel like they’re partially remaining. Needless to say I’m done with this terrible habit. It’s the type of thing that catches up to you without you ever realizing it. I felt mostly okay yesterday, and today I’m asking myself if I’ve done permanent damage.

I don’t know if this is necessarily a Peat-specific question, but is there anything I should do to prepare for quitting and helping to restore lung function? Thank you.

Frankdee20

I’m going to try vaping to quit, or bupropion.

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

It's hard to imagine you could do permanent damage with half a pack over 6 months. Waking up feeling rotten today could be from any number of things.

That being said, if you want to quit, the easiest way to do it is to read one of Allen Carr's books. It's really that simple. No drugs or willpower necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078VYGB8/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i8

Thanks, I’ll take a look. I did smoke periodically in my 20s, but never made it close to half a pack before like I’ve done in the past four months. I actually think I’ll be able to stop just fine, as I have done in the past. Feeling this way has really scared me for good I think. I’m really done.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals