Hoping Someone Can Help Me Sort Out My Issues

OP
D

DanielleB

And

I'm not competing in anything or have nothing to prove. What you wrote was incorrect information. Telling someone to stress their adrenals. What you talking about sounds like raising cortisol and that's will lead to muscle breakdown and weight gain. I did not criticise her lifestyle at any point. I said if she's smoking quit. If she's doing drugs quit. The only thing I did criticise was taking meth as a means to lose weight. And you can ask any reasonable person or doctor out there about that and they would agree. But everyone made stupid decisions I've done drugs in the past which I did admit to and I don't regret it but I will never do it again.

I think you should try to up your fat intake if that's the case. I would do 50% carbs/30% fat/ 20%protein. Main sources of fat should be butter and coconut oil. I buy both types of coconut oil the one that has coconut taste and then one that they removed the taste and I basically always have a bit of coconut oil in all my food now. Fat is so important for hormone synthesis and signialing to your body that you have nutrients so you can up your metabolism. Coconut oil is great for increasing thyroid. Don't over do it at the same time though. Better to mix the fat in with every meal than some people who take 3 tablespoons coconut oil then have diarrea :P

I appreciate the advice. However, in regards to higher fat, I’ve actually been experimenting with low fat, as some other low thyroid folks have done in the forum, and that’s when temps really started going up. The theory with a low fat diet is that if adequate carbs and and protein are consumed, the body uses the fat stores for and fat-based functions, resulting in fat loss while preserving muscle. There is a woman who was older and hypothyroid who lost 50 something pounds by only following an extremely low fat diet for 3 months. She noted that not only did she lose the fat, but her metabolism increased significantly to where she was able to get off her thyroid meds! Seems like a good experiment to try. Others commented on the thread saying the tried the same diet with similar results.

Douglas Ek

I appreciate the advice. However, in regards to higher fat, I’ve actually been experimenting with low fat, as some other low thyroid folks have done in the forum, and that’s when temps really started going up. The theory with a low fat diet is that if adequate carbs and and protein are consumed, the body uses the fat stores for and fat-based functions, resulting in fat loss while preserving muscle. There is a woman who was older and hypothyroid who lost 50 something pounds by only following an extremely low fat diet for 3 months. She noted that not only did she lose the fat, but her metabolism increased significantly to where she was able to get off her thyroid meds! Seems like a good experiment to try. Others commented on the thread saying the tried the same diet with similar results.

Yeah go ahead and try. Thats how I've learned a lot. Self-experimentation. See what works for you. Everyone is different so ill appreciate that. My only advice is to get that iron stores checked ferritin. I mean it cant hurt. Ive gotten so used to the feeling of having lower iron so i notice straight away when i need to take a pill. And what really amazes me is everytime i just take 1 iron tablett after 2 hours my symptoms resolves. Symptoms are usually fatigue specially in the head/brain. Its like a jesus ******* christ im tired. And then cold hands and really low motivation. Like hard to even do the dishes type of motivation. So i still take iron from time to time when i feel symptoms.

2 hours later the low energy is gone and I can do anything. Everything just feels easy again

Motif

My iron is high. Might donate blood soon. Transferrin and ferritin are in range

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals