Can't Get Out Of A Hypometabolic State

yerrag

Also, be sure you are well supplemented with Vitamins A D E K. If for example you are deficient in Vitamin A, and the higher metabolism exhausts Vitamin A, then you may run into some deficiency crisis. Ditto with the B Vitains. I'll have B-complex vitamin supplementation as well. Zinc too. I just don't know what you're eating and what you're deficient in, so it's best to be prepared and have these vitamins and minerals on hand

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Prolactin not mentioned once in this thread. High prolactin makes me lethargic and exhausted. You should try lisuride or metergoline for good measure anyway.

Amber

Where did I say that vitamins were not needed? I am saying supplements cannot sustain a chronically low calorie diet.

You could hit 100% of your RDA with supplements alone and eat 0 calories in a day. Would you be healthy?

I literally said in my previous post that u need both calories and vitamins and now u ask me if u would be healthy without eating anything lmao.

raypeatclips

I literally said in my previous post that u need both calories and vitamins and now u ask me if u would be healthy without eating anything lmao.

You suggested it was wrong my comment that taking supplements on a 1000 calorie diet would never improve somebodys health.

I think some of the advice in this thread is quite frankly dangerous such as taking thyroid which will boost metabolism of a 6 foot person that exercises and eats 1000 calories although OP never really made it clear they were eating this little.

OP seems keen to go down the supplement route and doesn't seem to think they have an issue with the calories they are eating. Supporting this belief that supplementation is going to solve the problem is dangerous. Anybody would have nutrient deficiencies eating 1000 calories a day at that height and activity level it's obvious. Children eat more calories than that.

Amber

You suggested it was wrong my comment that taking supplements on a 1000 calorie diet would never improve somebodys health.

I think some of the advice in this thread is quite frankly dangerous such as taking thyroid which will boost metabolism of a 6 foot person that exercises and eats 1000 calories although OP never really made it clear they were eating this little.

OP seems keen to go down the supplement route and doesn't seem to think they have an issue with the calories they are eating. Supporting this belief that supplementation is going to solve the problem is dangerous. Anybody would have nutrient deficiencies eating 1000 calories a day at that height and activity level it's obvious.

I agree with thyroid supplements or any metabolism boosting supplement is not needed in this situation. I also agree that he needs more food, but with the right supplements. He needs the right diet + the right supplements. Just eating more calories is not gonna help because he has nutrient deficiencies and probably hormonal imbalances aswell otherwise he wouldn't be here asking for advice. So if he just started eating more that would only make him gain fat and not feel any better or get any healthier, he would just make the imbalances worse.

Amber

Also, if you have a vitamin/mineral deficiency, it's gonna be hard to fix that with diet only which is why i recommend getting it tested properly and then take the right supplements supporting a healthy diet.

EIRE24

Obviously lol. But eating more calories while hoping you get the requiered nutrients isn't the way to go.
Listen to yourself!!!! Why do people eat then if eating calories while hoping to get nutrients isnt the way to go?

Amber

Listen to yourself!!!! Why do people eat then if eating calories while hoping to get nutrients isnt the way to go?

Who eats more hoping they get the nutrients they need/lack? Thats how people get fat. Eating calories without having the necessary nutrients to burn them. A proper diet, while keeping track of which nutrients you get enough of and which you lack is the right way to heal. Not just eating more calories while hoping you get the right nutrients. Thats like studying a random book for a test and then hoping you studied the right book, lol.

raypeatclips

Also, if you have a vitamin/mineral deficiency, it's gonna be hard to fix that with diet only which is why i recommend getting it tested properly and then take the right supplements supporting a healthy diet.

How long does it take to get blood tests then the results back then order the "required" supplements then wait for them to come?

OP could literally eat more calories and nutrients (liver, fruit, milk, eggs, cheese, seafood) today with no stress about analysing blood tests

Also on the very page before this you said "blood tests are useless."

Amber

How long does it take to get blood tests then the results back then order the "required" supplements then wait for them to come?

OP could literally eat more calories and nutrients (liver, fruit, milk, eggs, cheese, seafood) today with no stress about analysing blood tests

Also on the very page before this you said "blood tests are useless."

Like a week.

Because they are useless. Normal blood tests are inaccurate, the body will do whatever it takes to keep bloodlevels normal, that why i said getting rbc levels tested. If you show deficient in a nutrient on a bloodtest, it means you are extremely deficient in it since the bloodlevels are pretty much the last to go down.

Also, i never said he shouldnt eat a healthy diet already so don't act like i did.

OP
ATP

ATP

@raypeatclips I don't eat a 1000 calories everyday, I said I can maintain weight on that many calories and even less. When I eat more I feel worse and didn't always eat such low calories. I have eaten 3000 calories a day for months and felt even worse with huge amounts of fat gain. I appreciate the advice telling me just to eat more but in my experience at this moment in time it doesn't work for me.

OP
ATP

ATP

Like a week.

Because they are useless. Normal blood tests are inaccurate, the body will do whatever it takes to keep bloodlevels normal, that why i said getting rbc levels tested. If you show deficient in a nutrient on a bloodtest, it means you are extremely deficient in it since the bloodlevels are pretty much the last to go down.

Also, i never said he shouldnt eat a healthy diet already so don't act like i did.
Thanks for the advice on making sure I take some mineral supplements, got it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals