Need Help Figuring Out What To Do Next

DesertRat

In addition to t4 (88 mcg) and t3 (Blue- 1 drop every 2 hours) which keeps temp at 98.6-99.4 most of the time and pulse in the 80s or low 90s, I am taking the following:

Kuinone 3-6 drops
Vit D 5000 (Health Natura)
Retinol 1-2 drops
Progesterone (about 200 mcg)
Vit E (unique E capsules) — not sure if I should take since I’m getting some in Simply Progesterone.
A wee bit of eggshell calcium to offset the phosphorus from eggs, liver, etc. This group should help with my long history (since age 34) of osteoporosis and fat malabsorption.

I’m doing the blend of aminos Haidut recommended, but I can’t tolerate beta-alanine which has been high anyway in testing, and makes me into a zombie even in low doses. I keep taurine and glycine to half doses or get loose stool. I also take aspirin powder, 100 mg (smidgeon spoon) 3x a day, sometimes more, but even at low doses sometimes get blood in stool; a few days ago, I added some Vit C after reading the helpful thread on that.

I’m taking Energin or I mix up powdered B's in the same ratio, and also additional niacinamide (1/8 tsp TID,) This really helps reduce the psoriasis on my elbows. But this is where the problem recently started that left me wanting some help. I increased to a higher dose to see if the psoriasis would clear up totally, but instead after a few days, I had poor sleep and difficulty falling asleep and fewer hours of sleep. I just lowered the dose again to c. 1200 mg a day and started sleeping again. Clearly something else is missing, but what?

Also taking Mg glycinate, about 350 mg, 1 famotidine at bedtime, 1/2 doxylamine succinate at bedtime.

I tried Lapodin and it was disastrous for me — made me incredibly stressed, even with one drop on skin. Internally, spent the day to Montelukast, which aggravated psoriasis. 1/4 Diamox is okay, but I don’t have script so have to get it overseas.
I tried Ritanserin, it kept me from falling asleep, but if I take 2 drops early in the day I’m okay on it, and will experiment again with a higher dose.
I also tried DIM (yes, I know it's not Peaty but my n-teleopeptides are too high) and it aggravated psoriasis.

My diet: OJ, skim milk, coffee, eggs 3-4x a week, fresh and dried fruit, a little white rice or potato, hard cheese, cottage cheese or greek yogurt, sugar, calve’s liver 2x a week and oysters 1x a week, most days a cup vegetable broth (sometimes with gelatin), and a little red meat once in a while (2-3 oz max). Carrots (when I remember). I can handle about 1500 calories without rapid weight gain. Keeping fat most days to <20 gm to keep down weight.

I have a cataract forming in my only eye; also poor exercise tolerance and muscle weakness. I have to find something that will help, because I won't be able to pass the eye test for my driver's license if I don't, and that really concerns me. (re-test in November). Would really appreciate your help.
Thanks. Janis

M

marikay

Sorry to read of your cataract problem. I believe I once read that Ray advices bag breathing to help get rid of cataracts. Also make sure you aren't over exercising. Endurance exercise with suppress your thyroid. Good luck.

OP
D

DesertRat

Thanks guys. I hate bag breathing; but will maybe try to learn to like it :)... if CO2 issues are causative here. I don't exercise, as I have exercise intolerance, and if I have to walk for an hour, I suffer with hours of palpitations and exhaustion, so I restrict my activity to 5 min max of weights and 15 min walks max or longer for relaxing yoga. It's so confusing with the high temps and pulse all the time, yet the apparently low thyroid function... although my serum tests show that I'm in a high thyroid range.

M

marikay

1500 calories seems really low. i actually lost weight when I went up in calories.

OP
D

DesertRat

I did 1800 for a while and gained 10 #. Before that I did over 2000 and started the weight gain. I'm old (65) which partially explains it, and I probably ate close to 1000 calories daily between age 15-60. I never counted, as I was always thin and ate whatever I wanted, but mostly I wanted vegetables cause I liked them better than anything else since early childhood. I'm obviously abnormal LOL

Velve921

What is your experience with famotidine? I remember someone mentioned it on the forum regarding glycogen storage I believe? Has this made a difference with sleep?

kiran

Might want to try can-c eye drops, it helps with cataracts.

Take some vitamin k1 with your aspirin, I've noticed that helps.

Drink some leafy green broth, as well as the leafy greens.

Mix the aspirin in hot water with baking soda. Wait a minute, then chug.

I find it very odd that only 300mg of aspirin over the course of the day gives you bloody stools. Sometimes the stomach has to adapt though. Of course, if you think it's harmful, don't take it.

Are you taking 300mcg, or 300mg, of progesterone?

And finally, I would recommend staying away from eggs if you are on a low-fat diet. Too much PUFA for what it gives you.

You seem to have very good temps and pulse for someone your age. Better than many young people!

Wish you the best!

tara

Clearly something else is missing, but what?
Basic fuel supply.

I can handle about 1500 calories without rapid weight gain. Keeping fat most days to <20 gm to keep down weight.
I can't see how there can be enough energy spare for healing anything while you are starving yourself.

I'm old (65) which partially explains it, and I probably ate close to 1000 calories daily between age 15-60.
You seem to be suffering the effects of nearly a lifetime of semistarvation. It may be difficult to reverse it all, but hopefully you can slow the deterioration and get some significant gains if you can get onto recovering from this. You may need to gradually work up to it (over a couple of weeks, not many months), but at 2300 would be a more reasonable amount for a woman your age. You may need more than this while you recover.
If none of the health practitioners you've seen over the years have enquired about your diet and put this together with the various symptoms you've had over the years, then there's something big missing in their training.

If you can find a dr who has experience with people recovering from anorexia and similar, they may be more likely to be useful support for handling some of the risks and challenges of recovery.
Emotional support and encouragement to change these habits might make a significant difference to your ability to persist with recovery, if you can find such where you are.

Supplementing thyroid without supplying adequate fuel could well be overriding your bodies natural defence against starvation, and could hasten catabolism of various organs.

And finally, I would recommend staying away from eggs if you are on a low-fat diet. Too much PUFA for what it gives you.
I strongly disagree with this advice. I do not think it is safe for Desert Rat to be eating so little fat, and I think eggs are likely a very valuable part of her nutrition.

Basic fuel supply.

I can't see how there can be enough energy spare for healing anything while you are starving yourself.

You seem to be suffering the effects of nearly a lifetime of semistarvation. It may be difficult to reverse it all, but hopefully you can slow the deterioration and get some significant gains if you can get onto recovering from this. You may need to gradually work up to it (over a couple of weeks, not many months), but at 2300 would be a more reasonable amount for a woman your age. You may need more than this while you recover.
If none of the health practitioners you've seen over the years have enquired about your diet and put this together with the various symptoms you've had over the years, then there's something big missing in their training.

If you can find a dr who has experience with people recovering from anorexia and similar, they may be more likely to be useful support for handling some of the risks and challenges of recovery.
Emotional support and encouragement to change these habits might make a significant difference to your ability to persist with recovery, if you can find such where you are.

Supplementing thyroid without supplying adequate fuel could well be overriding your bodies natural defence against starvation, and could hasten catabolism of various organs.

I strongly disagree with this advice. I do not think it is safe for Desert Rat to be eating so little fat, and I think eggs are likely a very valuable part of her nutrition.

That's a good point.

Birdie

Might want to try can-c eye drops, it helps with cataracts.
Thanks for the idea. I'm going to try these. At my last eye appointment the doc said I am a 3 out of 5 on the cataract range.
5 is surgery time, no vision I think...
I see that some people are saying these drops have improved their cataract situation precluding surgery. Would love.

Birdie

So, @DesertRat on the aspirin and bleeding thing, I had some way back when I was using a lot of aspirin. I vomited blood once.

Had to cut back and just take 2 regular sized tabs a day. Even on that dose, I've had some oldster type bruising, the type that shows up on the forearms. Never had that before, but was never this old before either.

Anyway, I tried various things over the 4 years, including different doses of different Ks.

Finally, last month I went back to using vit C. (I know Ray warns of the lead which kept me away.) I tried 1 gr a day. Very good results. I can bump away in the garden and get only minor bleeding under the skin. It clears up in days and before it took 10+ days to clear. The bruises would get dark. Now light.

So, it's working in my case. But as I said I had also reduced the aspirin dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals