Not Sleeping Right Please Help

Luis aguilar

Hey guys a lil stumped here

Im hypothyroid:

Avg pluse 75ish

Avg wakin temp is 97.2ish

So I started taking the Ray peat diet a lil more seriously

Eating Plenty of carbs in the form of potatos (finely cooked and taking antibiotics), very little fat (no Pufa!) eating fruits, fruit juices, apple sauce, drinking milk, eating liver (once a week) eating oysters (1 tin can twice a week), very little table sugar, just to sweeten the milk, I add cacao for magnesium (and deliciousness) around 1 tbsp and plenty of salt (close to 1 tbsp per day)

Taking Niacinamide (1 gram daily average distributed throughout the day)

Taking a lil aspirin ( no more than 1 gram also distributed throughout the day)

Taking average 5mg vit K

Around 200-300mg average thiamine

A lil bit of riboflavin and average 40mg pregnenolone daily

Also taking around 4mcg of T3 (topically) every 2 hrs and a half about 7 times a day

My question is... why am I waking up every 3 hrs and still having a rough time sleepin? I incorporated all these things a few days back but I was sleeping finer when I was eating alot less, and alot less fruit, and not takin vit B3/Aspirin and T3

Is it the niacinamide/aspirin or T3? I barely added these not too long ago

(A positive is feet are starting to be really warm all day and Im feeling alot more happers throughout the day as well(randomly singing often, having more energy))

Any suggestions are highly appreciated
Thank you I wanna sleep

JKX

Sounds like you're moving things in the right direction.

I'm guessing you're eating regularly through the day hence the consistently warm extremities. Unfortunately, this isn't possible through the night. Perhaps your liver isn't storing enough glucose to get you through the night? Hence the waking up. Some OJ or milk might help you get back to sleep.

You're using a fair dose of a lot of different supplements, all of which push the metabolism hard, this is fine during the day when you can eat to support them, but perhaps you're just pushing the gas pedal a bit too hard and it's becoming disruptive to your sleep. Try cutting back the dosages. Personally, I'd be inclined to keep the Pregnenolone and T3 and lower the aspirin and niacinamide dosages significantly. 1g of aspirin and 1g of niacinamide is a lot, even when they are not being combined with T3 and Pregnenolone.

I'd also experiment with the minimum dose of T3 you can get away with. Minimum therapeutic dose would be something to keep in mind.

Other than that, it really is just a case of self experimentation and adjusting things to produce the desired outcome. Hope the above is helpful, but it's just a suggestion, the person best placed to make a judgement is you.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

That'd be my guess. Niacinamide is a methyl sponge and using as much as you are is probably tanking your methyl donor pool. I think Ray Peat references have him saying 50mg-100mg daily as being beneficial. :2cents:
Thank you Marcar I will dial this down and hope to see results :) I was a lil skeptical most over the niacinamide

Maljam

Have you stopped eating 1500 calories worth of white sugar a day?

Eating fat can slow the rise and fall of blood sugar and make it more comfortable. If you are eating low fat I would suspect your blood sugar is falling quickly in your sleep, causing your body to wake up for more food, when it doesn't actually need it. More fat slows the drop and makes it comfortable enough to sleep through.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Sounds like you're moving things in the right direction.

I'm guessing you're eating regularly through the day hence the consistently warm extremities. Unfortunately, this isn't possible through the night. Perhaps your liver isn't storing enough glucose to get you through the night? Hence the waking up. Some OJ or milk might help you get back to sleep.

You're using a fair dose of a lot of different supplements, all of which push the metabolism hard, this is fine during the day when you can eat to support them, but perhaps you're just pushing the gas pedal a bit too hard and it's becoming disruptive to your sleep. Try cutting back the dosages. Personally, I'd be inclined to keep the Pregnenolone and T3 and lower the aspirin and niacinamide dosages significantly. 1g of aspirin and 1g of niacinamide is a lot, even when they are not being combined with T3 and Pregnenolone.

I'd also experiment with the minimum dose of T3 you can get away with. Minimum therapeutic dose would be something to keep in mind.

Other than that, it really is just a case of self experimentation and adjusting things to produce the desired outcome. Hope the above is helpful, but it's just a suggestion, the person best placed to make a judgement is you.
I will lower the dosage of both Aspirin and Niacinamide, thanks again JKX :), I did believe this to be the most probable cause since I just recently incorporated them and suddenly began having sleeping problems

OP
L

Luis aguilar

That'd be my guess. Niacinamide is a methyl sponge and using as much as you are is probably tanking your methyl donor pool. I think Ray Peat references have him saying 50mg-100mg daily as being beneficial. :2cents:
Hey Marcar how could one go about restocking thier methyl donor pool? Im curious to know, this could help me as well

marcar72

Hey Marcar how could one go about restocking thier methyl donor pool? Im curious to know, this could help me as well

My latest understanding and probably the shortest/quickest route in a possible case such as yours would be to incorporate methionine rich foods a lot for awhile since the body uses methionine to make SAMe; the main methyl donor in the body. It takes SAMe to convert serotonin to melatonin in the brain. :2cents:

GenericName86

My latest understanding and probably the shortest/quickest route in a possible case such as yours would be to incorporate methionine rich foods a lot for awhile since the body uses methionine to make SAMe; the main methyl donor in the body. It takes SAMe to convert serotonin to melatonin in the brain. :2cents:

Does gelatin impact the methyl donor pool at all? I've seen on this forum that gelatin with other protein like meat is good because of how it works with methionine?

marcar72

Does gelatin impact the methyl donor pool at all? I've seen on this forum that gelatin with other protein like meat is good because of how it works with methionine?

I believe that's got more to do with lowering a possible stress response from eating muscle meat since the body "may think" the amino acids from such a meal are from it breaking down its own muscle. I don't know if I give much credence to that concept, though. :2cents:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals