B3 megadose for starch intolerance, IBS, and more.

B

BRBsavinWorld

I’m so stoked. I reversed some horrific reactions to starch via megadosing B3 (niacinamide), to fight fungal overgrowth (candida).

Since I did 1.3 yrs of keto-carnivore, I became practically allergic to any starch, even after about 2 years of “peating.” Whether it was one beer (which I used to drink religiously), or a bite of potato; I’d get Bloody stool, hemorrhoids, Daily chunks of green and bloody boogers, brain fog, headaches, constipation or diarrhea, and it’d persist for months until tonnes of bamboo shoots and activated charcoal could finally clean me, and I still had to eat super clean with tonnes of insoluble fiber just to maintain.

So, within 2 days, I was eating tons of taters, albeit with lots of butter; But I couldn’t do that before, when I would do a 1.5:1 ratio of butter to tater!
My stools have never been more pleasurable and painless in 5 years! My brain fog is almost completely gone! I’m honestly probably rushing it and am making myself lighten up on taters to build up the digestive enzymes...
This all tells me there is quite possibly a connection between IBS, perpetual colds, and fungal overgrowth, in most people, and the cheap little vitamin B3 is the solution. But, I’m still positive flowers of sulfur could work faster for the fungal cleanse, and am ordering some to take soon... if I remember correctly, B3 does however strengthen the intestinal wall (as well as butyrate acid, found in butter), so it’s a good idea to take it if you’ve had these problems.

So, I followed a protocol of approx 35mg niacinamide per kg of body weight. Elsewhere on this forum, the exact studied doses are more accurately shared, but that’ll do it.

I wanna clarify that niacinamide is far superior than messing with niacin, which i wasted a lot of time on, and Ray Peat himself says the stress from niacin flushes are toxic and bad. I Wish ida listened to him instead of random people, lol.

I can tell I still have a ways to go, but Now, I can sleep longer nights without drowning in desiccated thyroid 3-4x a day which is expensive lol (ps, you can fix your sleep taking NDT 3x a day, which I strongly suggest). Like I said, I still have a little ways to go: I still get a little acne, I still can sometimes feel estrogenic effects, and faithfully eat my insoluble fibers, which is telling me that endotoxemia has still happened, but it’s getting it’s butt kicked right now, wishing it stayed in hell where it belongs.

If your problems relate, try it!

Ps, I’m a 6ft man, 28, 235lbs.

animalcule

I’m so stoked. I reversed some horrific reactions to starch via megadosing B3 (niacinamide), to fight fungal overgrowth (candida).

Since I did 1.3 yrs of keto-carnivore, I became practically allergic to any starch, even after about 2 years of “peating.” Whether it was one beer (which I used to drink religiously), or a bite of potato; I’d get Bloody stool, hemorrhoids, Daily chunks of green and bloody boogers, brain fog, headaches, constipation or diarrhea, and it’d persist for months until tonnes of bamboo shoots and activated charcoal could finally clean me, and I still had to eat super clean with tonnes of insoluble fiber just to maintain.

So, within 2 days, I was eating tons of taters, albeit with lots of butter; But I couldn’t do that before, when I would do a 1.5:1 ratio of butter to tater!
My stools have never been more pleasurable and painless in 5 years! My brain fog is almost completely gone! I’m honestly probably rushing it and am making myself lighten up on taters to build up the digestive enzymes...
This all tells me there is quite possibly a connection between IBS, perpetual colds, and fungal overgrowth, in most people, and the cheap little vitamin B3 is the solution. But, I’m still positive flowers of sulfur could work faster for the fungal cleanse, and am ordering some to take soon... if I remember correctly, B3 does however strengthen the intestinal wall (as well as butyrate acid, found in butter), so it’s a good idea to take it if you’ve had these problems.

So, I followed a protocol of approx 35mg niacinamide per kg of body weight. Elsewhere on this forum, the exact studied doses are more accurately shared, but that’ll do it.

I wanna clarify that niacinamide is far superior than messing with niacin, which i wasted a lot of time on, and Ray Peat himself says the stress from niacin flushes are toxic and bad. I Wish ida listened to him instead of random people, lol.

I can tell I still have a ways to go, but Now, I can sleep longer nights without drowning in desiccated thyroid 3-4x a day which is expensive lol (ps, you can fix your sleep taking NDT 3x a day, which I strongly suggest). Like I said, I still have a little ways to go: I still get a little acne, I still can sometimes feel estrogenic effects, and faithfully eat my insoluble fibers, which is telling me that endotoxemia has still happened, but it’s getting it’s butt kicked right now, wishing it stayed in hell where it belongs.

If your problems relate, try it!

Ps, I’m a 6ft man, 28, 235lbs.
Great anecdote, thanks for sharing!

I also found myself horrifically intolerant to starch after coming off of years of low carb/carnviore. I'd been using 500mg flush niacin with meals, but I think I'll try to niacinamide. Where did you get the dosing protocol?

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Great anecdote, thanks for sharing!

I also found myself horrifically intolerant to starch after coming off of years of low carb/carnviore. I'd been using 500mg flush niacin with meals, but I think I'll try to niacinamide. Where did you get the dosing protocol?
Hey what do ya know I was right on the money with my dose estimate!

Cheers!

Vinero

Do you digest simple sugars ok? Or is only starch the problem?
I get endotoxin symptoms from a lot of starches. White rice is the exception, I can eat unlimited amounts of that without issues.

mattdanko

Thanks for the details! How long did you take a dose that high to see results? And is that something you have to maintain for long term? Thanks

Razvan

All starch causes colon and intestine permeability, starch gives me colon pain the next day after eating it one time, if i continue to eat it for 3-4 days everyday it changes also my dopamine and my stress. Causes social withdrawal, partying and going out doesn't seem as fun. B3 indeed helps with this, but the best option is no starch. Low bloating, high dopamine, very high drive to do simple things and sometimes euphoria/bliss feeling,music also feels different and life is 'spicier'. I gave starch lots of chances for 4 years and i always end up with this idea. The only starch that doesnt cause this for me is Masa Harina tortillas, but not more than 2 of them.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Do you digest simple sugars ok? Or is only starch the problem?
I get endotoxin symptoms from a lot of starches. White rice is the exception, I can eat unlimited amounts of that without issues.
That was my experience, too (until now of course).

Since I went peatereater I could only tolerate simple sugars/refined juices, and white rice for 1.5 years

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Thanks for the details! How long did you take a dose that high to see results? And is that something you have to maintain for long term? Thanks
Hey,
I take the dose once morning, and once noon (it will keep your awake if you take it too late). I got results after a few days. I did eat very small amounts of potatoes the first 2-3 days.

I dunno, but I believe that as B3 is also pro metabolic, it will simply speed up the healing process. I’m presuming that when I no longer feel the candida sides (like a booger stuffed nose every morning), it’ll basically be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

All starch causes colon and intestine permeability, starch gives me colon pain the next day after eating it one time, if i continue to eat it for 3-4 days everyday it changes also my dopamine and my stress. Causes social withdrawal, partying and going out doesn't seem as fun. B3 indeed helps with this, but the best option is no starch. Low bloating, high dopamine, very high drive to do simple things and sometimes euphoria/bliss feeling,music also feels different and life is 'spicier'. I gave starch lots of chances for 4 years and i always end up with this idea. The only starch that doesnt cause this for me is Masa Harina tortillas, but not more than 2 of them.
I definitely agree. I don’t think people should make starch a significant part of the diet, but with enough butter as I’m sure you’re aware, it can inhibit the toxic effects to a degree. A lot of the best dishes contain a starch, like potatoes or pasta, and it’s fun to be able to eat such a thing on rare occasion without Significant of side effects. I also make myself eat about twice as much icecream as starch in the same meal, lol.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

So, a little update, last night a friend bought pizza, and I decided to try 2 slices for the first time in forever... it was heaven lol. I also decided to go ahead and eat some Dorito chips — pure junk food. Usually I would have already had gut pain and poor digestion, but nothing.

I did have a stuffier nose within the hour of eating it, and more noticeable boogers today, but I’m pretty confident I’m no worse than the people who eat that way all the time with no purported issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

laleto12

Im trying with this with flush niacin.

I dont like the way niacinamide makes me feel (extreme hunger to sugar) It messes up with my blood sugar.

Vins7

What are your sources of carbs instead of starch? I feel that I overconsume animal protein if I go 0 starch and this overconsuming makes me constipated and gives some gut issues too...

Vins7

Hey,
I take the dose once morning, and once noon (it will keep your awake if you take it too late). I got results after a few days. I did eat very small amounts of potatoes the first 2-3 days.

I dunno, but I believe that as B3 is also pro metabolic, it will simply speed up the healing process. I’m presuming that when I no longer feel the candida sides (like a booger stuffed nose every morning), it’ll basically be done.
How do you know that your issues are caused by candida and not other type of bacterial, fungus or parasite overgrowth?

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

I dont like the way niacinamide makes me feel (extreme hunger to sugar) It messes up with my blood sugar.
I fixed that by eating more sugar and fat personally. But yes it does make me much hungrier if I don’t take care of caloric needs

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

What are your sources of carbs instead of starch? I feel that I overconsume animal protein if I go 0 starch and this overconsuming makes me constipated and gives some gut issues too...
A ton of honey (more calorically dense than most sugars). I’m basically drinking ciders, Mexicane Cola, and eating icecream, all the time, when I’m not eating starch. I definitely feel way better on simple sugars, but starch is fun and helps me sleep longer if I don’t have thyroid hormone.
How do you know that your issues are caused by candida and not other type of bacterial, fungus or parasite overgrowth?
I don’t. But I read somewhere here that for perpetual colds specifically, fungal infection of the sinuses is very common and studied.

I’ve done a lot of things to combat bacterial overgrowth, and had marked improvement with them, like taking tons of oil of oregano, and insoluble fiber and activated charcoal for over a year now. Something definitely cleared up. Some studies have shown oregano to be more powerful than the avg antibiotic, and equally effective against all strains... So I’m prone to believe that if that doesn’t knock it out, it’ll probably be fungal. I’m sure the avg person here suffers from both to varying degrees.

I’m not apposed to it being parasites. I’ve got flowers of sulfur coming in the mail, and Ray says that is effective against parasites. But, since I’ve had such profound improvement with the B3, I’m convinced that it’s at least helping whatever is happening.

nieciadunn

This happens to me too. No matter how small the dose, it makes me ravenous and then I find it’s hard to stabilize my sugars in the day following.

I’d love any insight into why this happens as I thought Niacinamide improved glucose metabolism.

Razvan

Jam,oranges,milk,grapes,chocolate,coke, pineapple varying them by craving. Best is to eat your natural source by craving,also don't counting calories. Some days i eat 6k calories and other days only 3k ,hunger can change and it's normal.

hierundjetzt

All at once
I sm am confused. Above you said you take the dose once morning and once noon. Here you say you take the dose all at once.
So, you day 235lb (=106kg). 106x35mg=ca.3700mg
Do you take the 3780mg all at once morning? Or 1800mg morning and another 1800mg noon?
Thx