B3 megadose for starch intolerance, IBS, and more.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

I sm am confused. Above you said you take the dose once morning and once noon. Here you say you take the dose all at once.
So, you day 235lb (=106kg). 106x35mg=ca.3700mg
Do you take the 3780mg all at once morning? Or 1800mg morning and another 1800mg noon?
Thx
All good. I took a little extra, which comes to 3,920mg.
I take 2 doses a day.
So, I take that 3,920mg once in the morning, and another 3,920mg once at noon.

hierundjetzt

All good. I took a little extra, which comes to 3,920mg.
I take 2 doses a day.
So, I take that 3,920mg once in the morning, and another 3,920mg once at noon.
Wow that seems a lot, but if it cured your gut issues, that's what's important! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success

Ben.

8grams a day? and here i am scared of liver damage and depletion of cofactors from 500mg ...

Do you atleast take taurin or vitamin c aswell for some protection? Holy ***t man ...

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

8grams a day? and here i am scared of liver damage and depletion of cofactors from 500mg ...

Do you atleast take taurin or vitamin c aswell for some protection? Holy ***t man ...
No. I eat a lot of dairy that’s high in taurine. I could probably consume more vit c... I do consume quite a bit of fruit.

TobiNFHM

All starch causes colon and intestine permeability, starch gives me colon pain the next day after eating it one time, if i continue to eat it for 3-4 days everyday it changes also my dopamine and my stress. Causes social withdrawal, partying and going out doesn't seem as fun. B3 indeed helps with this, but the best option is no starch. Low bloating, high dopamine, very high drive to do simple things and sometimes euphoria/bliss feeling,music also feels different and life is 'spicier'. I gave starch lots of chances for 4 years and i always end up with this idea. The only starch that doesnt cause this for me is Masa Harina tortillas, but not more than 2 of them.
I have been following Ray Peat's work since 2015 and ditched all seed oils 99% of the time in 2015 as well, but I still experience the same Problems... Eating too many starches makes me puffy, bloated, depressed, sluggish etc... It has to be high Serotonin from the gut... My libido is completely dead in that state. I am 26 years old and before starting all the fitness/Bodybuilding, I could eat everything without Problems. Only after all the caloric restriction, fasting, low carb, keto, stress etc... the Problems arrived ?.
I can eat some starches (max. amount of 30 - 40g of carbs per meal) without getting all the high serotonin symptoms. The rest of my carbs are from sugars.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

I figure i oughta follow up for science!

I stopped supplementing B3 when I ran out a few months ago, and have increased my startch/potato consumption, albeit intermittently. I still feel something if I consume no saturated fat with it, but I’d consider myself basically healed.

I still have some fungal problems that are slowly getting better.

Healthseeker

That's great that you followed up. I gotta fix my starch intolerance. And I'm thinking about trying this, but at such a high dose I'm worried about drug interactions. Do you have any cautionary tales or anything like that. Also, how do you know you have fungal problems? I take a lot of garlic and I know that does me good and can be taken in conjunction with antibiotics if you choose to take an antibiotic for the fungal

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

That's great that you followed up. I gotta fix my starch intolerance. And I'm thinking about trying this, but at such a high dose I'm worried about drug interactions. Do you have any cautionary tales or anything like that.
Yeah, so it's helpful to think of your body as having a "pro-thyroid" threshold.

All pro metabolic supplements will help you meet that threshold (or maintain, if you have a healthy metabolism) - above which you will experience acute hyperthyroidism (nausea/heart palpitations; precisely what happens when you take too much thyroid).

Pro-metabolic supplements:
Natural Desiccated Thyroid (NDT)/caffeine/sugar/D3/B1/B3/(probably all the B vitamins, but therapeutic doses of these were most pronounced in me)/(I don't mess with mineral supplements that aren't from food sources, so can't speak to that). PS: taking these after about 1pm, will keep you awake.

The solutions I found:
Slowly increase to the desired dosage, or splitting it up throughout the morning.
Discriminating against those that aren't solving your immediate purpose. I religiously took High doses of B1 for therapeutic purposes, and backed off or eliminated it for the duration of my B3 supping until I felt the issue at hand was resolved.
Alternate each day. If you think you've accomplished what you want, but will still benefit from high concentrated doses, rather than low dose maintenance.

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Also, how do you know you have fungal problems? I take a lot of garlic and I know that does me good and can be taken in conjunction with antibiotics if you choose to take an antibiotic for the fungal
I don’t know. But I read somewhere here that for perpetual colds specifically, fungal infection of the sinuses is very common and studied.

I've struggled with white tongue, and other well known candida symptoms for a while.

I got a really bad case of the flu at the beginning of January, and couldn't eat for about 12 days, and the candida symptoms became way more pronounced, which follows with Ray's explanation of starvation making an intestinal fungal overgrowth becoming systemic and getting into the blood stream, way harder to cure, and deadly. I got all the symptoms of a UTI after this, which is basically impossible for a male who doesn't have any sexual interactions - it looks like a rare version of a fungal STI, which would make sense, if my fungal overgrowth went systemic.

Unfortunately, it appears that if the fungal overgrowth is systemic and in the blood - B3 won't cure it, at least in my case. I'd still consider it valuable to help attack the overgrowth - as well as high dose B1.

Healthseeker

Thanks for your reply. I would recommend the garlic for your fungal problem, I have a lot of experience with it, taking a lot won't hurt you, it just sucks. But basically if your not working or anything just eating little bits thoughout the day is best. Work up to at least a bulb a day before giving up on it. What it does is it gets in your blood, like a disinfectant. Actually absorbing it through your cheeks and gums is noticeably more potent, if you can stand it, the point is to get it into your circulation and as you probably know absorbing through your guts goes to the liver first. And once you hit a certain threshold it will stimulate your immune system too, and your phlegm and snot will change to show your fighting it.

Healthseeker

I'm going to start the b vitamin idea right now. I'm going to start with B1 though. I thought maybe do them in order. I got the Wal-Mart brand it's 250mg Thamine with 102mg Calcium in it. It all they had. I guess im going to take a handful. If I don't write back then I died lol

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

Thanks for your reply. I would recommend the garlic for your fungal problem, I have a lot of experience with it, taking a lot won't hurt you, it just sucks. But basically if your not working or anything just eating little bits thoughout the day is best. Work up to at least a bulb a day before giving up on it. What it does is it gets in your blood, like a disinfectant. Actually absorbing it through your cheeks and gums is noticeably more potent, if you can stand it, the point is to get it into your circulation and as you probably know absorbing through your guts goes to the liver first. And once you hit a certain threshold it will stimulate your immune system too, and your phlegm and snot will change to show your fighting it.
Awesome, thanks and I’ll try that

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

I'm going to start the b vitamin idea right now. I'm going to start with B1 though. I thought maybe do them in order. I got the Wal-Mart brand it's 250mg Thamine with 102mg Calcium in it. It all they had. I guess im going to take a handful. If I don't write back then I died lol
Nice. Let me know how it goes! Do beware, however, that a lot of additives and fillers of most supplements are very toxic, and cause other unexpected issues.

Look up some threads here for lists of those additives. I went with Elliott Overton’s brand of B1, and I consider it the absolute best, and totally worth it.

Also, the B3 that I found to be clean is a cheapo one at the health food store, so they aren’t all exclusive and an effort to get.

Healthseeker

The B1 seemed to help mentally and energy wise, I don't know about digestion, to find out I need to know what is the least starchiest starch is and I'll try that first

OP
B

BRBsavinWorld

The B1 seemed to help mentally and energy wise, I don't know about digestion, to find out I need to know what is the least starchiest starch is and I'll try that first
Yup. Haidut has posted studies showing that the higher concentrations of 1500-2000mg of B1 cause saturation levels that have healed mental illnesses.

Yes, a significant portion of it will be urinated out (and each B vitamin has a unique pungent smell to it), but these concentrations are required to reach the saturation levels necessary to have the therapeutic effects seen in studies.

elsewhere in the forum, are several posted studies on the B1 and B3 specifically, if you’re interested!

Healthseeker

I believe that I've read elsewhere that thamine is given to bad alcoholics for delirium trems

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals