Might’ve screwed myself need some help

martybyrde

I don’t know what I did but I was messing around with diet changes and supplements over the course of a few months.
At one point seemingly overnight I developed anxiety and what could’ve been mild psychosis or a panic attack that felt like psychosis that lasted for a couple days. Now it’s just anxiety and it’s definitely not getting worse but not better either. Thankfully no psychosis or anything like that anymore.

The likely culprit:
I’m gonna get a lot of backlash for this but for some stupid reason I decided to try a liquid iron supplement because my ferritin was around 50-60 and read some people benefitted energy wise. I took what should’ve been a normal dose (the one recommended on the bottle) over 3-4 days. First day I felt great which is why I continued.. The last day I got extremely nauseous, room spinning, and threw up, and then over the next few days developed some eye floaters which still haven’t resolved but slightly improved. A couple weeks passed with some anxiety. I noticed when I took activated charcoal the floaters and anxiety would disappear completely for 12 hours. After those weeks passed is when the anxiety / psychosis event happened following taking Methylfolate (other dumb thing). That passed and now I’m back to anxiety again.

The worst has passed mentally but I’m way too anxious now. No panic attacks though.

What’s worse is my other dumb mistake: around the time the massive anxiety happened I also started taking 1-2mg Methylfolate a day (I have done this a few times in the past without issue) which may have initially triggered it. I thought it was overmethylation but methyl buffers didn’t work and honestly it’s been weeks so I doubt I’m still overmethylating. I tried high dose B3.

My theory is that this is something to do with the gut microbiome or toxins built up in the gut. I haven’t taken AC since because it causes constipation. Carrots cause mild relief.

I noticed my stool is pale.. not clay pale but more on the yellow side. Also random twitches we’re happening towards the beginning and no electrolyte would help it.

Today I started taking taurine, the first thing I’ve taken besides food since the original incident. For my anxiety and to promote bile flow which may be low right now because of the color and strong anxiety following any meal regardless of composition. It has had powerful effects on my anxiety so far and it seems to help me stay hydrated.. before taurine I had a higher need for water especially after meals or I’d get anxiety and potent brain fog.

Lastly, I went to the doctor and they only ran a CBC and metabolic panel and the only thing that showed up was high neutrophils but without symptoms of illness.

Guys, any tips? Besides don’t be a dumbass? I ordered an iron panel so I’m waiting

redsun

I don’t know what I did but I was messing around with diet changes and supplements over the course of a few months.
At one point seemingly overnight I developed anxiety and what could’ve been mild psychosis or a panic attack that felt like psychosis that lasted for a couple days. Now it’s just anxiety and it’s definitely not getting worse but not better either. Thankfully no psychosis or anything like that anymore.

The likely culprit:
I’m gonna get a lot of backlash for this but for some stupid reason I decided to try a liquid iron supplement because my ferritin was around 50-60 and read some people benefitted energy wise. I took what should’ve been a normal dose (the one recommended on the bottle) over 3-4 days. First day I felt great which is why I continued.. The last day I got extremely nauseous, room spinning, and threw up, and then over the next few days developed some eye floaters which still haven’t resolved but slightly improved. A couple weeks passed with some anxiety. I noticed when I took activated charcoal the floaters and anxiety would disappear completely for 12 hours. After those weeks passed is when the anxiety / psychosis event happened following taking Methylfolate (other dumb thing). That passed and now I’m back to anxiety again.

The worst has passed mentally but I’m way too anxious now. No panic attacks though.

What’s worse is my other dumb mistake: around the time the massive anxiety happened I also started taking 1-2mg Methylfolate a day (I have done this a few times in the past without issue) which may have initially triggered it. I thought it was overmethylation but methyl buffers didn’t work and honestly it’s been weeks so I doubt I’m still overmethylating. I tried high dose B3.

My theory is that this is something to do with the gut microbiome or toxins built up in the gut. I haven’t taken AC since because it causes constipation. Carrots cause mild relief.

I noticed my stool is pale.. not clay pale but more on the yellow side. Also random twitches we’re happening towards the beginning and no electrolyte would help it.

Today I started taking taurine, the first thing I’ve taken besides food since the original incident. For my anxiety and to promote bile flow which may be low right now because of the color and strong anxiety following any meal regardless of composition. It has had powerful effects on my anxiety so far and it seems to help me stay hydrated.. before taurine I had a higher need for water especially after meals or I’d get anxiety and potent brain fog.

Lastly, I went to the doctor and they only ran a CBC and metabolic panel and the only thing that showed up was high neutrophils but without symptoms of illness.

Guys, any tips? Besides don’t be a dumbass? I ordered an iron panel so I’m waiting
Iron supplements are of course known to cause acute gut problems such as what you described with the nausea, vertigo, vomiting but you definitely didn't cause iron overload from a few days use.

If you still have gut related symptoms, a probiotic supplement or fermented foods may help restore a better gut microbiome if iron did affect it somehow.

The methylfolate on the other hand would cause anxiety and possibly psychosis especially because you have taken it on multiple occasions on its own. Some people can really have strong reactions to it. And because a large dose of one B vitamin can cause dysregulation with other B vitamins, this could have led to gallbladder problems hence pale stools. Specifically it can mess with B12 but also possibly the other B vitamins which could be reducing your gallbladder function. Methylation is involved in gallbladder function (for phospholipid synthesis which are needed to make bile acids).

I would trial some B12 to see if its enough but you may need to take a low dose B complex to balance out the methylfolate since it may not have just affected B12. I would also recommend trying some vitamin C from fruits if you don't get much to help increase bile acid synthesis. Choline will also help. How elevated were your neutrophils?

Last edited:

MeScony

The likely culprit:

Iron homeostasis in the blood and cells is important for many reasons. One that is missed pretty often is the balance of iron in the hemoglobin. Supplemental Iron, non heme, will cause a release of iron from the hemoglobin as the body recognizes a surplus of iron, the cells low in iron have been calling for more iron but typically is blocked from cell entry by some toxin and the free iron binds to free oxygen and converts to ROS's. All this causes, one subset, low oxygenation of the blood. Check resting SPO2 and I will bet your in the low 90,s! 94 to 91 or possibly even lower depending on your current physiology. Pills and supplementation can help but take a long time to reverse the actions, best remedy is high intensity exercise. Intense exercise will reset the homeostasis balance between the signaling agents and will bring everything back into balance, NATURALLY!!!!! If your spo2 level is low and then you walk around for a minute and the spo2 levels come back to upper 90's then you have a blood o2 carrying capacity issue!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals