My Story (Long & Complicated)

Guys thank you so much for all the replies. I ate a ton of food the past 3 days and i feel really chill right now. I have to go back to work in a week so the upcoming week i will experiment with some recommendations from the forum. I probably at 5k calories every day the past few days and i feel like i could still eat more. I dont think i have ever felt this relaxed in my life, i’m laughing at tv shows again and joking around with my family.

i’m gonna experiment with caffeine pills first, probably starting at 3x200mg/day as i already drink quite a bit of coffee.

i also have benzos lying around which i might try to see what happens since they apparently lower cortisol levels.

will make my diet high protein/low fat/high carb

feeling like an obese man right now and i’ll probably put on some weight which is OK for now. I want my weight to stabilize at 60kg (130lbs or so) as im 5’9 and that feels like its the right weight for me.

Suggestions and advice still welcome ofcourse, thanks!

Do not get fat fast,there is no benefit,find out how much you can eat a day by increasing calories weekly and gauge with weightscale and belly fat,maybe buy a caliper.Dont do Benzos,do as low pharms as possible,otherwise you cant troubleshoot directions of issues.Calories wont fix any issues,the fact that you get fat is already showing that the body cant put it to use,and storages it.Focus should lie on Protein and fat metabolism,thats why i would pledge for medium fat,it builds structure,your brain is composed of it partly,it isnt all about carbs.

OP
fitnessgirl

fitnessgirl

Do not get fat fast,there is no benefit,find out how much you can eat a day by increasing calories weekly and gauge with weightscale and belly fat,maybe buy a caliper.Dont do Benzos,do as low pharms as possible,otherwise you cant troubleshoot directions of issues.Calories wont fix any issues,the fact that you get fat is already showing that the body cant put it to use,and storages it.Focus should lie on Protein and fat metabolism,thats why i would pledge for medium fat,it builds structure,your brain is composed of it partly,it isnt all about carbs.

I know, but i am 5’9 and 125lbs is too thin. I want to be 130. Not planning on getting fat

alephx

I would say don't go very low fat, try to include some coconut oil. If you have been going on with PUFAS for a long time then do some coconut oil. The way I reason it is if the ratio of Saturated fat vs PUFA in your body is too low, then it will refuse to get its metabolism going on its own. So giving it a bit of saturated fat to work with is probably best. Also wouldn't mess too much with caffeine before you know you are on the right track, I think its easy to fall into stress energy if nutrition is not on point. At least for me, caffeine can mean immediate cold hands despite adding plenty of sugar. Until I began getting more sunlight this spring, no matter what I did my metabolism would keep wanting to stall.

I would say don't go very low fat, try to include some coconut oil. If you have been going on with PUFAS for a long time then do some coconut oil. The way I reason it is if the ratio of Saturated fat vs PUFA in your body is too low, then it will refuse to get its metabolism going on its own. So giving it a bit of saturated fat to work with is probably best. Also wouldn't mess too much with caffeine before you know you are on the right track, I think its easy to fall into stress energy if nutrition is not on point. At least for me, caffeine can mean immediate cold hands despite adding plenty of sugar. Until I began getting more sunlight this spring, no matter what I did my metabolism would keep wanting to stall.
+1
Coconut Oil,Butterfat also,you would want Oleic Acid or other Monounsaturated Fats,maybe 60:40 SAT:MONO.

Remedy

Hi everyone,

Decided to post my story and hope someone can offer advice or relate to it.

Health problems pretty much started as a kid. I developed eczema, was very shy and awkward. Got diagnosed with ADHD (inattentive type) and Aspergers. Was never good at making friends and am still a loner to this day. People try to befriend me a lot but i just can’t keep up a friendship and i have no idea why.

In 2015 i injured myself with sports and broke my leg, tore my knee and had surgery for it. Since then i have never been the same. I developed a host of mental and health issues after this including:
- I got Mono/EBV
- Gained a lot of weight very quickly
- Always tired and in a bad mood
- Short temper, desire to be left alone
- I have probably slept for 12+ hours every day since then. I work 30 hours/week and sleep most of the time when i’m at home.
- I bruise very easily and am always covered in bruises
- Scalp hair loss + excessive body hair
- Oily skin

Currently weigh 130lbs and i’m 5’9. I look pretty healthy but feel like death. I have lost interest in everything i used to enjoy. I am stuck at home and started binge eating again due to depression and anxiety. I am avoiding everyone including friends and family. I used to be our families ‘trophy’ due to having many talents and a promising future, but now everyone avoids me because of my mental and health problems.

Medication i have tried:
- SSRI zoloft and paroxetine both made me stupid and lazy
- Benzos xanax and diazepam made me tired and forgetful
- Vyvanse made me sweaty and productive sort of

Currently still reading the forum constantly looking for things to try. I made a list of stuff i am trying out right now
- Caffeine
- Modafinil
- High protein intake
- Very low fat intake
- Taurine
- Sun exposure as much as possible
- Blue light blocking glasses
- Nicotine gum 2mg not sure how to use it

This forum seems to be my last shot at recovery. Doctors have no clue what is wrong with me and neither do i. I just want to be able to enjoy my life again but i can’t seem to enjoy anything anymore. I keep falling back into this dark, empty black pit of self sabotage/self loathing. I even bought a dog and while i love her to death, she has not changed me.

Any help is appreciated.

This forum is not your last shot at recovery.

You sound like a typical mercury wreck, honestly. Read these stories:

Cutler Protocol Success Stories: Adult Stories

None of them fit perfectly, but notice the general thrust of them -- tons of weird, idiopathic problems, developing over time, often starting in childhood, and, though these stories in particular don't highlight it, often associated with autism or aspergers.

From #2, for instance:

"I was poisoned primarily by mercury dental amalgams. I got my first one at age 10 and shortly after began experiencing shortness of breath when running. They told me I had asthma. This began a slow and steady decline in my health as my dentist gave me more and more fillings. I had 16 teeth containing amalgam before the age of 16. I suffered from chronic fatigue, often sleeping 16 hours at a time, anemia, infections, depression, anxiety, nightmares, bleeding gums, tonsillitis, teeth clenching/grinding at night and neuropathy in my feet. I even lost my peripheral vision. As I entered my late 20's I thought I was developing ADHD along with all of these other things because I couldn't remember things or focus anymore. I was making lists all over the house and my desk was covered in post-its to remind me to do things. I lost my creativity. I felt like I didn't fit in anywhere either, like I was somehow different. I became moody and slowly began to retreat from socializing because I found it exhausting. I started noticing that I wasn't hearing correctly either. The symptoms were similar to what is now called "auditory processing disorder" because I'd hear something similar but not correct to what was said. Similar sounding words were easily confused. I even noticed colors were not vibrant anymore with my vision."

And from #41:

"Mercury poisoning/amalgam illness. Weird symptoms since teens. Detox methods: Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMSA, sauna. I used DMSA at first but now just use ALA + sauna. The sauna will fully rid the body of all toxic metals but ALA is needed to detox the brain. 9-10 amalgam fillings removed in 2012. A few of the amalgams were cracked and leaking. Dentist had to remove a shard of mercury that had broke off the filling and had lodged itself in my gums. Mother had a mouthful of amalgams when I was born. Took a multivitamin with ALA in it with fillings still in and ended up in the psych ward mad as a hatter. Multiple police had to restrain me. Doctors blamed all symptoms on Cannabis use. I didn't know what was happening at the time and it was horrifying. Diagnosed ADHD as a child. 75 rounds completed on ACC. I plan on going to 200. Currently I’m using 50mg ALA and going to the sauna 3-4 times a week. I could stop right now and live a good life. This protocol really does work. Slow but very effective. It took you years to get sick and removing the mercury too fast can make you worse. What do you have to lose?
Fully cured:
*Panic attacks / can't breath
*Clicking / snapping jaw (TMJ)
*Flickering vision
*Chronic dry eyes
*Feelings of tight band around head
*Ringing in the ears
*Suicidal thoughts
*Frequent fatigue/ yawning
*Looking extremely pale
*Debilitating hand tremors
*Inability to laugh / feel pleasure
*OCD rituals
*Insomnia
*Frequent urination
*Pupils different sizes
*IBS/ chronic diarrhea
*Rapid heartbeat
*Jolting awake just before falling asleep
*Eye floaters / patterns
*Heartburn
*Hypoglycemia symptoms
*Headaches
*Pins and needle feeling / numbness
*Feelings of terror / doom
*Hazy / blurry vision
*High blood pressure
*Addiction to alcohol (needed to cope) Improved or almost gone:
*Unprovoked rage
*Wanting to argue with people
*Paying attention
*Obsessive thoughts
*Blocked sinuses / sense of smell
*Anti-social behaviour
*Memory recall
*Feeling awkward around others Working on eliminating:
*Dark circles under eyes
*Oral thrush on tongue / candida
*Trigger points / tight muscles
Thank you Andy (RIP)"

Additionally, in Andy Cutler's book Amalgam Illness, he makes an attempt to generalize what mercury toxicity does to you, writing this:

" There are emotional changes in mercury poisoning. Depression slowly sets in. Victims feel fatigued and listless. They lack motivation - even for crucial tasks. They lose interest in their surroundings and in their own life. They do not enjoy life, or experience happiness or joy. They experience constant fear e. g. of losing their job. They may be very tense. They feel hopeless. They have a sense of impending doom. Every small problem is discouraging. Minor difficulties seem overwhelming and insurmountable.

The altered emotional state of a mercury intoxicated person leads to impaired interpersonal relationships. They become increasingly irritable and sensitive, reacting strongly to relatively innocent remarks. They may not be able to take orders, instructions, or suggestions without losing their temper. They resent criticism and may interpret innocent remarks critically. They may have an exaggerated response to stimulation and become fearful or anxious and nervous. They may project their fears and anxieties onto others, making inappropriate criticisms or attacks. They become shy and avoid dealing with strangers. While timid, they may unexpectedly lose self control with strangers. They may wish to visit with friends and family extensively, often wishing to engage in long, repetitive conversations, then withdraw for prolonged periods of time. They withdraw more and more from social contacts."

"Mercury toxicity that needs to be addressed by proper chelation with the Cutler protocol" is at least one more paradigm.

SOMO

Guys thank you so much for all the replies. I ate a ton of food the past 3 days and i feel really chill right now. I have to go back to work in a week so the upcoming week i will experiment with some recommendations from the forum. I probably at 5k calories every day the past few days and i feel like i could still eat more. I dont think i have ever felt this relaxed in my life, i’m laughing at tv shows again and joking around with my family.

i’m gonna experiment with caffeine pills first, probably starting at 3x200mg/day as i already drink quite a bit of coffee.

i also have benzos lying around which i might try to see what happens since they apparently lower cortisol levels.

will make my diet high protein/low fat/high carb

feeling like an obese man right now and i’ll probably put on some weight which is OK for now. I want my weight to stabilize at 60kg (130lbs or so) as im 5’9 and that feels like its the right weight for me.

Suggestions and advice still welcome ofcourse, thanks!

Don't take Benzos, you will get addicted and after 10 years of addiction, when you eventually decide to get off them, you will experience withdrawal so bad you can potentially trigger a seizure.

Hugh Johnson

I think this is so true. I was also considered the star child but as I got older and dealt with feelings of self consciousness as an adolescent, at each point where it came time for me to perform, I would get sick. Each time I graduated from a degree and was ready to work, I got some sort of elusive illness that would be impossible for doctors to diagnose. I still wheeze and have allergic attacks anytime I spend too much time with my extended family, and upon returning home the allergies will completely resolve. I know if I’m around a few of them at once it’s ok, but as soon as there becomes a dynamic of performance or I’m unconsciously trying to impress someone with my smarts, I start hyperventilating and wheezing. Recently I became assertive in a situation with my mom and aunt where they were being passive aggressive towards me and I of course did not go home with any allergies. It felt really good to stand up to myself and say “I’m tired of being compared to other people, I am who I am”...
You should also do Radical Honesty. You learn to not care about impressing others.
This forum is not your last shot at recovery.

You sound like a typical mercury wreck, honestly. Read these stories:

Cutler Protocol Success Stories: Adult Stories

None of them fit perfectly, but notice the general thrust of them -- tons of weird, idiopathic problems, developing over time, often starting in childhood, and, though these stories in particular don't highlight it, often associated with autism or aspergers.

From #2, for instance:

"I was poisoned primarily by mercury dental amalgams. I got my first one at age 10 and shortly after began experiencing shortness of breath when running. They told me I had asthma. This began a slow and steady decline in my health as my dentist gave me more and more fillings. I had 16 teeth containing amalgam before the age of 16. I suffered from chronic fatigue, often sleeping 16 hours at a time, anemia, infections, depression, anxiety, nightmares, bleeding gums, tonsillitis, teeth clenching/grinding at night and neuropathy in my feet. I even lost my peripheral vision. As I entered my late 20's I thought I was developing ADHD along with all of these other things because I couldn't remember things or focus anymore. I was making lists all over the house and my desk was covered in post-its to remind me to do things. I lost my creativity. I felt like I didn't fit in anywhere either, like I was somehow different. I became moody and slowly began to retreat from socializing because I found it exhausting. I started noticing that I wasn't hearing correctly either. The symptoms were similar to what is now called "auditory processing disorder" because I'd hear something similar but not correct to what was said. Similar sounding words were easily confused. I even noticed colors were not vibrant anymore with my vision."

And from #41:

"Mercury poisoning/amalgam illness. Weird symptoms since teens. Detox methods: Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMSA, sauna. I used DMSA at first but now just use ALA + sauna. The sauna will fully rid the body of all toxic metals but ALA is needed to detox the brain. 9-10 amalgam fillings removed in 2012. A few of the amalgams were cracked and leaking. Dentist had to remove a shard of mercury that had broke off the filling and had lodged itself in my gums. Mother had a mouthful of amalgams when I was born. Took a multivitamin with ALA in it with fillings still in and ended up in the psych ward mad as a hatter. Multiple police had to restrain me. Doctors blamed all symptoms on Cannabis use. I didn't know what was happening at the time and it was horrifying. Diagnosed ADHD as a child. 75 rounds completed on ACC. I plan on going to 200. Currently I’m using 50mg ALA and going to the sauna 3-4 times a week. I could stop right now and live a good life. This protocol really does work. Slow but very effective. It took you years to get sick and removing the mercury too fast can make you worse. What do you have to lose?
Fully cured:
*Panic attacks / can't breath
*Clicking / snapping jaw (TMJ)
*Flickering vision
*Chronic dry eyes
*Feelings of tight band around head
*Ringing in the ears
*Suicidal thoughts
*Frequent fatigue/ yawning
*Looking extremely pale
*Debilitating hand tremors
*Inability to laugh / feel pleasure
*OCD rituals
*Insomnia
*Frequent urination
*Pupils different sizes
*IBS/ chronic diarrhea
*Rapid heartbeat
*Jolting awake just before falling asleep
*Eye floaters / patterns
*Heartburn
*Hypoglycemia symptoms
*Headaches
*Pins and needle feeling / numbness
*Feelings of terror / doom
*Hazy / blurry vision
*High blood pressure
*Addiction to alcohol (needed to cope) Improved or almost gone:
*Unprovoked rage
*Wanting to argue with people
*Paying attention
*Obsessive thoughts
*Blocked sinuses / sense of smell
*Anti-social behaviour
*Memory recall
*Feeling awkward around others Working on eliminating:
*Dark circles under eyes
*Oral thrush on tongue / candida
*Trigger points / tight muscles
Thank you Andy (RIP)"

Additionally, in Andy Cutler's book Amalgam Illness, he makes an attempt to generalize what mercury toxicity does to you, writing this:

" There are emotional changes in mercury poisoning. Depression slowly sets in. Victims feel fatigued and listless. They lack motivation - even for crucial tasks. They lose interest in their surroundings and in their own life. They do not enjoy life, or experience happiness or joy. They experience constant fear e. g. of losing their job. They may be very tense. They feel hopeless. They have a sense of impending doom. Every small problem is discouraging. Minor difficulties seem overwhelming and insurmountable.

The altered emotional state of a mercury intoxicated person leads to impaired interpersonal relationships. They become increasingly irritable and sensitive, reacting strongly to relatively innocent remarks. They may not be able to take orders, instructions, or suggestions without losing their temper. They resent criticism and may interpret innocent remarks critically. They may have an exaggerated response to stimulation and become fearful or anxious and nervous. They may project their fears and anxieties onto others, making inappropriate criticisms or attacks. They become shy and avoid dealing with strangers. While timid, they may unexpectedly lose self control with strangers. They may wish to visit with friends and family extensively, often wishing to engage in long, repetitive conversations, then withdraw for prolonged periods of time. They withdraw more and more from social contacts."

"Mercury toxicity that needs to be addressed by proper chelation with the Cutler protocol" is at least one more paradigm.
I'd like to ask you to make a separate thread about this. It seems like it could help a lot of people, and I would like to discuss it here.

Remedy

You should also do Radical Honesty. You learn to not care about impressing others.

I'd like to ask you to make a separate thread about this. It seems like it could help a lot of people, and I would like to discuss it here.

I will sometime, but not quite now. It's going to be a bit more complicated than a few quotations and stuff like I did here.

I'm just tired of seeing "I'm at the end of my tether" type threads, when I know damn well it's mercury.

Hugh Johnson

I will sometime, but not quite now. It's going to be a bit more complicated than a few quotations and stuff like I did here.

I'm just tired of seeing "I'm at the end of my tether" type threads, when I know damn well it's mercury.
It's not always mercury. I was more messed than OP, and mercury was never the issue. I did buy ALA after seeing your post and looking into it and 500mg did cause minor symptoms, but not enough to cause real trouble.

OP
fitnessgirl

fitnessgirl

Guys, i was in the hospital and got diagnosed with Nutcracker syndrome/Pelvic congestion. They want to check my liver also because they think i might have carcinoid tumors in my body which are caused by serotonin i believe. I am having weird sleep episodes where i nod off for some time and then wake up gasping for air and i constantly feel drunk and out of touch with reality. I first thought i might be experiencing delirium but no thank god.

Confused right now, currently staying with my mom and i am not allowed to be alone as stated by doctor. Back to hospital next week for more testing. Crazy rollercoaster. Feeling weird and kind of scared! Still taking supplements though, taking caffeine (3x250mg) and taurine (3x1.5gr) daily for liver.

Thats it for now. @haidut would be interested to hear your opinion on this.

A famous endocrinologist which I respect and read from said in one of his articles that mercury is sequestered inert with selenium-compound,and that he sees deficiencies as the cause for illness,like Peroxynitrite cycle,which Martin L Pall,a emeritus of medical sciences,discovered.

Infarouge

It seems like many of these issues don't appear nutrition related but are more psychosocial. Many resources for improving interpersonal skills exist now. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a highly regarded treatise. I would focus on separating your health issues from the social ones and remember most everyone suffers similarly.

Last edited:

somuch4food

It seems like many of these issues don't appear nutrition related but are more psychosocial. Many resources for improving interpersonal skills exist now. "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a highly regarded treatise. I would focus on separating your health issues from the social ones and remember most everyone suffers similarly.

I personally find that nutrition does affect my sociability. They are not mutually exclusive. Everything is linked together.

Infarouge

Yes but the orthomolecular/pharmalogical approach to treating personality disorders has been at large a terrific catastrophe. Joseph Breur's "The talking cure" was marvelously effective before Freud patented the notion and marketed under the trade name psychoanalysis. Even then it was effective, Sigmund managed to relieve the hysterical neurosis of many comely Viennese socialites through fingering them to orgasm. It wasn't until later when he began dishing out cocaine to his patients, colleagues and wife that the whole thing took a turn for the worse.

The placebo effect is one of the most powerful phenomenon in medicine because someone is actually appearing to treat and care for the patient. It doesn't work on animals who are far to intelligent to be deceived.

“The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”
― Voltaire

Last edited:

SOMO

Guys, i was in the hospital and got diagnosed with Nutcracker syndrome/Pelvic congestion. They want to check my liver also because they think i might have carcinoid tumors in my body which are caused by serotonin i believe. I am having weird sleep episodes where i nod off for some time and then wake up gasping for air and i constantly feel drunk and out of touch with reality. I first thought i might be experiencing delirium but no thank god.

Confused right now, currently staying with my mom and i am not allowed to be alone as stated by doctor. Back to hospital next week for more testing. Crazy rollercoaster. Feeling weird and kind of scared! Still taking supplements though, taking caffeine (3x250mg) and taurine (3x1.5gr) daily for liver.

Thats it for now. @haidut would be interested to hear your opinion on this.

Nodingg off = Acetylcholine and low blood sugar
Waking up gasping for air = Adrenaline, low CO2 and low blood sugar

I would try eating more egg yolks and eating something sweet+salty before bed (maybe a glass of warm milk with a bit of added sugar and half a teaspoon of salt.)