Ray Peat Newbie

pommegal

Hello Reader :D
I’m so happy to have found out about Dr. Peat. I’m really hoping this will help me with health issues I’ve been struggling with. My main issues are dysmenorrhea and hirsutism. Ever since I got my period when I was 15/16 I’ve had such awful cramps the first 2 days of my period. My pediatrician prescribed me naproxen 250mg and then a few months later had to up the dosage to 500mg. When that stopped working I was sent to a gyno and endocrinologist. They did an ultrasound to see if I had PCOS but I did not. I was prescribed birth control but it didn’t help with the cramps or hirsutism. I thank God that I stopped taking the birth control after a few months and didn't decide to try another one or other medication they suggested like spironolactone. Even though as a kid I actually liked going to the doctors a lot. As I got older I lost interest since they couldn’t figure out how to cure my hormonal issues. Now I just take about 1600mg of ibuprofen the first two days of my period which is awful I know but it’s the only way I can deal with the excruciating pain. I just started supplementing vitamin e and magnesium. I’m hoping that will help.
Since finding out about Dr. Peat, I’ve also realized that I have other things to worry about like my low temps. I’m realizing how much stress my body has been under and that’s ultimately the root cause of my hormonal imbalances. I’m going to work on eating pro metabolic and also implementing things like Epsom salt baths and castor oil packs.
I think that stress really started to take a toll on me when I started high school. I couldn’t do extracurriculars because I had no one to pick me up. So I would come straight home and nap everyday. My mom would often make comments about me being pregnant because I slept so much. I guess that was how I could cope with difficult school work and not the best home life. I feel like ever since my junior year of high school up until now being 24 I’ve really had to drag myself to be productive. By God’s grace, I’ve miraculously managed to get things done like getting my bachelors in CS and working as a software engineer now. I have so many ideas of things I want to do but either I start and don’t complete them or don’t start at all. Could this be because I’m so stressed I’m incapable of doing anything else. Or am I just a bum :):
I'm also very interested in fertility and pregnancy. And I'm trying to get my body in the best shape possible to grow a human!

Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!

Lilac

Welcome, pommegal, Jersey girl! :claporange Good luck on your Peat journey.

You might like the Youtube channel of Strong.Sistas. They have interviewed Haidut (a.k.a. Georgi Dinkov), top-drawer Ray Peat Forum poster. They are dealing with issues similar to yours.

Enjoy! :jackolantern:

P

Peatness

My teenage years were blighted by menstrual cramps, so, I can image what you might be going through. Dr Peat recommends a high calcium, and vitamin D diet, this study shows calciums usefulness for menstrual issues

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

pommegal

Welcome, pommegal, Jersey girl! :claporange Good luck on your Peat journey.

You might like the Youtube channel of Strong.Sistas. They have interviewed Haidut (a.k.a. Georgi Dinkov), top-drawer Ray Peat Forum poster. They are dealing with issues similar to yours.

Enjoy! :jackolantern:
Hii!!!!!! Thank you for your warm welcome @Lilac. The Strong.Sistas are great! They have really great interviews. I like the ones with Jessica Ash especially. And the one with Georgi was really good as well, a lot went over my head but I'm slowly starting to understand all the peaty stuff lol

OP
P

pommegal

My teenage years were blighted by menstrual cramps, so, I can image what you might be going through. Dr Peat recommends a high calcium, and vitamin D diet, this study shows calciums usefulness for menstrual issues

Welcome to the forum
Thank you for your sympathy @Pina. I'm eating more dairy so that should help with getting in calcium and I'm forcing myself to go for walks during my lunch break to get some sun. It doesn't help that I have dark skin so it'll be harder to get Vitamin D. Also its getting a lot colder and I can't expose as much skin. Hopefully at least 30 minutes on my face and hands will be better than nothing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals