Increase Testosterone To 1000 Ng/dL ++

T

tca300

I did not use thyroid consistently, I took the 25mcg dose 3 times per day I think just for a few weeks. The 4-6 mcg per hour was done for months. I took a year or so away from it and just focused on getting use to eating milk, fruit, beef, potatoes, white rice etc... Then I dabbled with it every now and then. As time whet on I noticed I could use less and less thyroid to get the same response.

OP
S

superhuman

I did not use thyroid consistently, I took the 25mcg dose 3 times per day I think just for a few weeks. The 4-6 mcg per hour was done for months. I took a year or so away from it and just focused on getting use to eating milk, fruit, beef, potatoes, white rice etc... Then I dabbled with it every now and then. As time whet on I noticed I could use less and less thyroid to get the same response.

Love it man, thanx

sele

Yeah i get 3-5g calcium a day.

Yeah i guess those three are in check. How can i check without having blood tests?
I don't know how to check them without blood tests.
I usually try to inhibit them with supps.

Btw, are you looking for high testosterone to build muscle?
You don't need such high numbers.
Focus on good nutrition to lower stress hormones so your testosterone is not opposed and get plenty of non tryptophan protein.
Some casein with sugar at bedtime.
Muscles will grow like magic.
Good luck :)

Jsaute21

About 6 years ago when I started taking thyroid, It took a lot for me to notice anything, and taking any T4 made things worse. I have kept PUFA under 4 grams for about 9 years, and 2 or under for about 5 years, and under 1 gram for a few years now, without even 1 day of a higher PUFA intake. Now I respond best to NDT, provided it actually contains thyroid gland, because most dont seem too. I think thats why I have seen so much improvement, because I have stuck with it. Many will give it a go for a few weeks, maybe months, and a few will make it a year or two, but when you stick with it for half a decade or more is when I think the body has really had time to lessen PUFA stores and start to heal noticably. The important thing for many I think is finding a way to make it sustainable for you personally long term, many just cant stop eating things like pizza, fries, chips etc.. Eating low PUFA for a while, then spending a few days eating a bunch of it will practically put you back where you started, and you will be in a never ending circle of PUFA depletion/accumulation. I enjoy eating these foods, and dont desire trash, which makes it easy for me. Thats my opinion anyways. @superhuman

When you started thyroid, did you start with cynomel?

T

tca300

@Jsaute21 The T3/T4 mix version is what I tried first, then I shortly after I swtiched to the T3 only version. I messed around with them for a while.

Jsaute21

About 6 years ago when I started taking thyroid, It took a lot for me to notice anything, and taking any T4 made things worse. I have kept PUFA under 4 grams for about 9 years, and 2 or under for about 5 years, and under 1 gram for a few years now, without even 1 day of a higher PUFA intake. Now I respond best to NDT, provided it actually contains thyroid gland, because most dont seem too. I think thats why I have seen so much improvement, because I have stuck with it. Many will give it a go for a few weeks, maybe months, and a few will make it a year or two, but when you stick with it for half a decade or more is when I think the body has really had time to lessen PUFA stores and start to heal noticably. The important thing for many I think is finding a way to make it sustainable for you personally long term, many just cant stop eating things like pizza, fries, chips etc.. Eating low PUFA for a while, then spending a few days eating a bunch of it will practically put you back where you started, and you will be in a never ending circle of PUFA depletion/accumulation. I enjoy eating these foods, and dont desire trash, which makes it easy for me. Thats my opinion anyways. @superhuman

@tca300 which NDT do you take now?

OP
S

superhuman

@tca300 what is your take on the half-life etc on T3 ? i know Ray says its very short lived so max dose of 4 mcg/hour to not take more then naturally produced an hour. So basically half-life of 1 hour.
But i know when you read the studies and also people that talk and write about using T3 supplement for thyroid problems and all that they talk about a longer half-life. Like 24-36 hours. I know also some people on the different t3 sites say they get better results from 2-3 times a day vs more times a day with the same dosages etc.

So would be cool to hear your experience with it and your thoughts

T

tca300

@Jsaute21 I make my own from my great uncles cows.
But I have had good experiences with Dr. Rons freeze dried thyroid/liver combo.

T

tca300

@superhuman
" The half-life is about one day, and the effect decreases slightly about three hours after taking it. The decrease is faster if you take too much at once, since it activates the liver enzymes that degrade it. " ~ Ray Peat

T3 has been ok with me. When I was taking it regularly for a few months I worked my way up to 4-5 mcg 5-6 times per day.
I like the idea of using actual thyroid glands, which consists of a variety of thyroid substances other than just T3. Both work for me, but desiccated thyroid is more readily available, and gives me a more reliable response. Maybe because some so called synthetic t3 supplements, aren't actually synthetic t3. I also realize, that for very sick people, t4 can make things worse. Its pretty person specific I think.

T

tca300

@Jsaute21 I just use thyroid when I feel like I need an extra boost.
I mostly use my own homemade thyroid, but have a bottle of that stuff for occasional use when Im out of my own.

Jsaute21

@Jsaute21 I just use thyroid when I feel like I need an extra boost.
I mostly use my own homemade thyroid, but have a bottle of that stuff for occasional use when Im out of my own.

Yeah, understood. Do you take 3 capsules at a time as it suggests or do you start conservatively with 1?

T

tca300

@Jsaute21 I think a whole tablet has 30mg of thyroid gland in it, which is equivalent to roughly 1/2 a grain of thyroid. When I use it, I take 1/2 of a tablet at a time, but I respond very well to thyroid and someone else might need more. I think 1 tablet is at most what someone should start with, especially considering T4 builds up in the tissues over a two week period. Starting slow and gradually increasing, while tracking temps and pulse is important.

Jsaute21

Amen @tca300. Thyroid is very interesting. I am getting better at dosing it and am starting to notice some subtle positive results. A lot of it for me is getting over the dogma of trying substances.

T

tca300

Many people dont think its appropriate to take supplements for health, simply because its not natural.
My opinion is, much of the stress, pollution, and primarily, the food that we experience on a daily basis isn't natural either. When stress is extreme, sometimes it takes extra steps that nature cant provide, to end the stress. @Jsaute21

Jsaute21

@tca300 couldn't agree more. I think sometimes we are too prideful of species, which ends up being our biggest flaw. I was a top level athlete for a long time, and my health crashed a couple of years ago. I spent the first 2/3 years both angry and clueless, afraid to admit to myself that i wasn't healthy. Finding Peat & his metabolism theories have already paid great dividends for me, and i know i am just at the beginning of my journey. I can now sense when i feel off, when i check my pulse, surprise its at 60 or below. Thyroid, caffeine, good fruit etc help restore metabolism enough to function optimally. I think our # 1 goal should be to function at a high level.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals