Testosterone Dose-response Relationships In Healthy Young Men

redlight

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men | Endocrinology and Metabolism
The following text outlines the benefits and risks of Testosterone administration based on a clinical human trial of 61 healthy men in 2001. The purpose of the trial was to determine the dose dependency of testosterone’s effects on fat-free mass and muscle performance. In this trial 61 men, 18-35years old were randomized into 5 groups receiving weekly injections of 25, 50, 125, 300, 600 mg of Testosterone Enanthate for 20 weeks. They had previous weight-lifting experience and normal T levels. Their nutritional intake was standardized and they did not undertake any strength training during the trial. The only two groups that reported significant muscle building benefits were the 300 and 600 mg groups so any dose lower than 300mg will not be considered in this essay. 12 men participated in the 300 mg group and 13 men in the 600 mg group.
600mg of Testosterone a week for 20 weeks resulted in the following benefits. Increased fat free mass, muscle strength, muscle power, muscle volume, hemoglobin and IGF-1.
The same 600 mg administration resulted in 2 side effects. HDL cholesterol was negatively correlated and 2 men developed acne.
The normal range for total T in men is 241-827 ng/dl according to Labcorp and 260-1000 ng/dl according to Quest Laboratories. The normal range for IGF-1 is 81-225 according to Labcorp. Total T and IGF-1 levels were taken after 16 weeks and resulted in the following

Evan

I do always wonder why they use such high doses. I'd like to see effect from much smaller doses, I wonder if shutdown would occur, or possibly have a positive overall increase? Anybody here supplement small doses of T?

Evan

Nice, intramuscularly? how do you take it? I'd love to make a solution of T and DMSO at 1mg doses. Wondering how that'd be

Evan

Yeah seriously, I dream of a world where it's possible to get pure steroid powders no problem haha

OP
R

redlight

I can get almost any hormone / drug within reason... my doctor is very open

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals