Is there a reason I shouldnt just take testosterone?

Hi there, I'm a 25 year old who's been known about Peat and Peating for ~3 years. I came to Peat from a hormonal perspective, thinking I has low testosterone (turns out I didn't, it was at 691 ng/dl, not great but certainly not bad). I thought I had low test because I quite literally have no drive to do anything. I've perennially been in college since I was 18, work a dead end job, feel EXTREMELY autistic (less so than when I was a teenager, but it's still quite severe), zero desire to pursue women, etc. I've tried supplementing thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, 11-keto DHT, androsterone all fat soluble viatmins and every combination of the above for the last ~18 months. They've had zero long term effects, except uplifting mood (not complaining about that, i appreciate this quite a lot) and quelling my anxiety. However, in terms of drive, nothing's changed.

When I think of great men of yesteryear, there seems to be almost a demonic lust driving them. People driven almost to the point of obsession to do something (read, write, athletics, politics, etc) I just want a fraction of that. Is there something obvious I've been missing? Becuase if not, I've really considered just supplementing straight up testosterone and seeing if that drives me to the point i'm seeking.

If anyone has anything to share or add, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

jomamma007

Hi there, I'm a 25 year old who's been known about Peat and Peating for ~3 years. I came to Peat from a hormonal perspective, thinking I has low testosterone (turns out I didn't, it was at 691 ng/dl, not great but certainly not bad). I thought I had low test because I quite literally have no drive to do anything. I've perennially been in college since I was 18, work a dead end job, feel EXTREMELY autistic (less so than when I was a teenager, but it's still quite severe), zero desire to pursue women, etc. I've tried supplementing thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, 11-keto DHT, androsterone all fat soluble viatmins and every combination of the above for the last ~18 months. They've had zero long term effects, except uplifting mood (not complaining about that, i appreciate this quite a lot) and quelling my anxiety. However, in terms of drive, nothing's changed.

When I think of great men of yesteryear, there seems to be almost a demonic lust driving them. People driven almost to the point of obsession to do something (read, write, athletics, politics, etc) I just want a fraction of that. Is there something obvious I've been missing? Becuase if not, I've really considered just supplementing straight up testosterone and seeing if that drives me to the point i'm seeking.

I doubt testosterone will help at therapeutic dosages considering most doctors want you in that 5-800 range anyways. I’ve taken TRT and put my levels around 1800 at one point and it never fixed my issues. I know Danny went on TRT as well and it didn’t fix any of his issues. I think you should look into diet, lifestyle, anti inflammatorys and working on the gut before committing to TRT without real justification.

Korven

I think what you're looking for is high dopamine/high'ish histamine (and low serotonin). These fuel the driven type A personality. Testosterone helps boost dopamine but you already have decent T levels so I don't know if it would help much.

I'd try tinkering more with diet; trying low to no starch or just white rice (safest starch in my experience), more red meat, more milk, overall more animal products, eating more fruits, more coffee, salt, a good quality vitamin E, etc.

Yet to try it myself but 10-methoxy-harmalan seems to be awesome for lowering serotonin without the histamine antagonism of cyproheptadine!

Last edited:

Matestube

There's a user on here that was talking about chelating mercury.
I think he's onto something, that may be the rootcause of all illnesses, and all emotional numbness.

scoobydoo

Hey man I know it’s an old post
Just curious how you’re doing now?

golder

There's a user on here that was talking about chelating mercury.
I think he's onto something, that may be the rootcause of all illnesses, and all emotional numbness.
Had a forum search and couldn't manage to find it. Do you know which thread this is as I would be keen to read.

imei3489

you sound exactly like me. can we get an update? did you ever jump on test?