"I Have Liver Issues And I Am Not Making Progress"

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Chlorophyllin will take a lot of pressure off the liver and the kidneys, it offers protection from environmental toxins.

Chlorophyllin disables potent carcinogens such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines by forming complexes with these chemicals that limit the ability of these toxins to bind to normal cells to inflict malignant changes.

“Supplementation with chlorophyllin before meals substantially decreased a urinary biomarker of aflatoxin-induced DNA damage in a Chinese population at high risk of liver cancer due to unavoidable, dietary aflatoxin exposure from moldy grains and legumes.”

“A recent study showed that human colon cancer cells undergo cell cycle arrest after treatment with chlorophyllin.”

“Chlorophyllin can neutralize several physically relevant oxidants in vitro and limited data from animal studies suggest that chlorophyllin supplementation may decrease oxidative damage induced by chemical carcinogens and radiation.”

Chlorophyll and Chlorophyllin

“In the last 70 years, more than 80,000 new chemicals have been synthesized, and every year, over 4 billion pounds of these chemicals, many known carcinogens, are released into the environment. Even more disturbing is that the vast majority of these chemicals have never been adequately tested by any government agency, including the EPA and FDA, in regards to their effects on human health.

On a daily basis, nearly everyone is exposed to this barrage of compounds through industrial and manufacturing facilities, agricultural runoff that includes pesticides and herbicides laced in foods, and emissions from trucks, cars, and planes.”

In multiple studies, chlorophyllin exhibits powerful anticarcinogenic effects in regards to a variety of environmental toxins.6-8 The way chlorophyllin accomplishes this is by targeting a number of molecules and pathways involved in cancer development, such as protecting against mutations of the p53 tumor suppressor gene. Cell proliferation is partially controlled by the p53 gene, so protecting healthy expression of p53 is a critical factor that helps guard against cancerous changes.

Chlorophyllin binds to a number of other common carcinogens including dibenzanthracene, dibenzopyrene and benzophenanthrene and limits their ability to form DNA adducts, which are strands of DNA bonded to cancer-causing toxins. Formation of DNA adducts is an early step in the formation of cancer-causing DNA mutations. Chlorophyllin limits DNA adduct formation caused by a variety of known carcinogens.

Chlorophyllin also functions as an antimutagenic agent against a number of prevalent chemicals in the environment such as PhlP (2-amino-1-methyl-6- phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine), known to be involved in colon, prostate, pancreatic, and breast cancer.”

Chlorophyllin and Environmental Toxins | Life Extension

TubZy

Im not against all lab made chemicals, they save peoples lives every day in the emergency room, our cars and computers are made form them, but i do not think they are good to put inside your body everyday unless you have no other option to heal or survive.

One of the main reason many of us have so many health issues is because of the toxins in our environment, if something is working for you then you should do it, but the years will go by, we have too think about the long term accumulation of chemicals in our bodies.

I know caffeine even synthetic has helped people but for others that are very sensitive to life it could really hurt them, caffeine is very stressful to the kidneys and adrenals especially if your already not feeling well.

Everyone is different, my approach is for those very sensitive people having some of the more difficult human experiences.

For example schizophrenia is most often caused by hypothyroidism, intestinal dysbiosis and an extreme toxic overload in the body, it is not a personality disorder, it effects the the mind, but it is not caused by the mind, adding chemicals just masks symptoms eventually making things worse and never getting to the root causes.

The label and word schizophrenia is very misleading and confused by most people, many people want the term changed. Probably a better more descriptive term would be; endocrine, intestinal and sensory processing imbalance.

They also lump people under schizophrenia that have had extreme shock and exhibit these symptoms, that should be a completely different term.

For very sensitive people, being under overly blue spectrum and florescent lights can exasperate symptoms, so can many lab made chemicals and numerous environmental toxins.

Some chemicals can help short term, interestingly aspirin and methylene blue were two of the very first drugs ever invented. Thyroid whether natural or synthetic has and does help many people, for me i much prefer how i feel after i used the red light therapy to get off NDT and regain normal healthy thyroid and endocrine functioning.

There really is no such thing as “schizophrenia” it is just a poorly invented name for a bunch of extreme symptoms that many people with health issues have on different levels. The problem is the body not the mind and the key is not adding unnecessary chemicals but helping improve metabolism, intestinal health and detoxification pathways.

I apologize if i got to far off the main conversation here, most of you probably already know all this stuff.

Show me evidence that using aspirin and methylene blue long term can be detrimental to one's health. If you are using a clean and pure supplement that is not allergenic, I don't see the issue with substances that are heavily researched (aspirin, methylene blue, cypro, caffeine, niacinamide etc.)

I think this is where you are misinformed about Peat. "Synthetic" isn't always bad, sure you can get things naturally, but when in a diseased or ill state, your body actually requires substantially MORE of a certain nutrient to help reverse or get out of the current stress state it is in. Take niacinamide or ribloflavin for example. There is no way you are going to get large amounts from food or naturally.

Caffeine is stressful to the kidneys? Are you aware that Peat takes 1200mg+ of caffeine daily? Sure, it can be stressful, hence the reason why I mentioned to start low and use the proper substances to help negate the stress response i.e. taurine (or niacinamide) which is even beneficial to the kidneys by regulating fluid balance. Once you build a tolerance to caffeine over time, it is not stressful at all if done properly i.e. enough sugar and nutrients. I learned this from first hand experience from barely handling a cup of coffee to taking in a gram of caffeine daily.

Search caffeine on this forum and you can see all of the studies and benefits from using higher doses of caffeine. The research wasn't just for coffee, but the actual "synthetic" substance caffeine.

I think you are misinformed about this forum, majority of people here take synthetic supplements, we just make sure they are pure and clean of excipients with proper research behind them.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Show me evidence that using aspirin and methylene blue long term can be detrimental to one's health. If you are using a clean and pure supplement that is not allergenic, I don't see the issue with substances that are heavily researched (aspirin, methylene blue, cypro, caffeine, niacinamide etc.)

I think this is where you are misinformed about Peat. "Synthetic" isn't always bad, sure you can get things naturally, but when in a diseased or ill state, your body actually requires substantially MORE of a certain nutrient to help reverse or get out of the current stress state it is in. Take niacinamide or ribloflavin for example. There is no way you are going to get large amounts from food or naturally.

Caffeine is stressful to the kidneys? Are you aware that Peat takes 1200mg+ of caffeine daily? Sure, it can be stressful, hence the reason why I mentioned to start low and use the proper substances to help negate the stress response i.e. taurine (or niacinamide) which is even beneficial to the kidneys by regulating fluid balance. Once you build a tolerance to caffeine over time, it is not stressful at all if done properly i.e. enough sugar and nutrients. I learned this from first hand experience from barely handling a cup of coffee to taking in a gram of caffeine daily.

Search caffeine on this forum and you can see all of the studies and benefits from using higher doses of caffeine. The research wasn't just for coffee, but the actual "synthetic" substance caffeine.

I think you are misinformed about this forum, majority of people here take synthetic supplements, we just make sure they are pure and clean of excipients with proper research behind them.

Yea i know many people on this forum are taking synthetic supplements, thats my point! I have been studying Rays articles and following this forum for over 4 years , i joined when i felt like i had something to offer, because to me there is not that many people on the forum who are really getting better, some people have improved for sure, but not as many as should by now, so this whole large doses of caffeine and vitamin paradigm is not really working well for most people.

I was saying that Aspirin and Methylene blue can be helpful for short term, they are two of my favorite drugs, i was praising them for being the first ones invented.

Some people benefit from caffeine and obviously your one of them, my point is that everyone is different and what may be ambrosia for you could be another persons toxin.

I have tried caffeine many times in many forms for many lengths of time, it always made things worse, and many people on this forum have said the same. I was able to come form very declined health to feeling great with out needing any caffeine at all, so there is more then one approach.

For you to try and convince people that products like red bull is a path to healing is egocentric, i know you mean well and want to help people but your suggesting things that could hurt others that are more sensitive and fragile then you are. Caffeine for many people is much to stressful to the kidneys and adrenal glands.

The last podcast i heard Ray talking was about the health concerns of vitamins because of the questionable purity of the raw materials.

Jack Roe

I'm not sure how to explain what I am trying to get across any better. To be honest once you mention the institute of medicine, genetics, and trusting your blood tests as long as they are in range, I kind of lost interest in your side of things. You should read more Peat.

I've read all of his stuff, and I agree with the poster who says he is an autistic sort of guy who paints a pretty picture for those who want to believe that some single man has the solution. The IOM recommendations are pretty decent, if conservative, as I said, they don't require much copper, and they might over-estimate iron needs because of that, who knows. But it's the product of many people working together, and no single autistic phenotype runs the entire show. Now, a single autistic person, who is correct, can do great things due to determination, drive, etc. but if he's a bit half-cocked, it isn't going to work out very well. Simply dismissing the IOM out of hand is, I think, a mistake. How do you figure out how much, for example, choline would be adequate, or if you need any? How would you figure out how much magnesium is a good ballpark, or how much Zinc is too much? I am willing to bet that you _have not read_ the IOM reports, and I would not say read them _instead_ of Peat, but I would say that there is good information in them, especially concerning the Tolerable Upper Limits---typically, you can eat 150-200% RDA of most any mineral and still be well under the TUL, tho for some, like Iron, that might be a bit much, if it were heme iron, but if it were nonheme iron, 20mg of iron for a male is not that much given how tightly controlled its absorption is.

As for blood tests, if it's not some quantifiable measure of kidney dysfunction or liver dysfunction, what is it? You have pain in an area that you think is your kidney/liver? Could be muscoskeletal pain, which is far more common than liver/kidney dysfunction, unless you want to say that it's "all the liver, take care of the liver and everything takes care of itself" or something. I am just curious why you think that you have kidney/liver issues, because you haven't said "elevated AST/ALT, low GFR" or anything like that. I don't think that I said blood tests were the be all and end all, nor did I say that if you feel crappy then blood tests indicate it's all in your head (which some docs will do!), but they're at least a starting point.

I think Peat is correct about the EFAs in the sense that we don't need all that much of them. They may be necessary, they may not be, he certainly has not conducted repeatable experiments himself showing that they are not. What we can say is that the IOM's "AI" for omega6, something like 15-20g a day, that is excessive. The "AI" for omega3, being much smaller, is probably not a barrier to good health; I would be _very surprised_ if a gram or so of a compound that is so ubiquitous in nature (not just in "fatty fish", but in all living animals) is an outright toxin, tho it is of course possible.

By all means though you should make a new thread about all your super healthy friends who eat junk. Maybe you could also include how to use cocaine for decades as long as you have the right attitude. While your at it maybe stop by youreatopia and let those ladies know they are actually super skinny and food is good for them. You should be able to solve most of the nets problems in >50 posts.

I don't think I said they eat junk; what I said is that they eat whatever and are not obsessive. They'll eat whatever is cheap and available---if that's canned salmon, they'll eat a bunch of canned salmon; if it's beans and rice, they'll eat beans and rice. If it's muscle meat, they'll eat muscle meat. None of them fret over these things, and they for the most part enjoy good health and are physically active. So are they genetic supermen, or do they eat the mythical "balanced, varied diet"?

The sense I get from most of the people with these sorts of problems is that they're not part of a "community of eaters," that is, they're not part of a family that is all eating the same food and all rising or falling together. Most of the people I am describing, they're part of a community of eaters. And this can be negative, if your community eats nothing but potato chips and coca cola, but it can be positive if they eat a "healthy, varied diet." The alienated lifestyle that the industrial age has produced has necessitated the development of things like the IOM, because people no longer just do what their successful ancestors did.

But plenty of people seem to do fairly well, so it can't be that _nobody_ does well eating salad oils with a few grams of omega6 every day, etc. etc.

People should read more of all sorts of materials, not just focus on one author.

TubZy

Yea i know many people on this forum are taking synthetic supplements, thats my point! I have been studying Rays articles and following this forum for over 4 years , i joined when i felt like i had something to offer, because to me there is not that many people on the forum who are really getting better, some people have improved for sure, but not as many as should by now, so this whole large doses of caffeine and vitamin paradigm is not really working well for most people.

I was saying that Aspirin and Methylene blue can be helpful for short term, they are two of my favorite drugs, i was praising them for being the first ones invented.

Some people benefit from caffeine and obviously your one of them, my point is that everyone is different and what may be ambrosia for you could be another persons toxin.

I have tried caffeine many times in many forms for many lengths of time, it always made things worse, and many people on this forum have said the same. I was able to come form very declined health to feeling great with out needing any caffeine at all, so there is more then one approach.

For you to try and convince people that products like red bull is a path to healing is egocentric, i know you mean well and want to help people but your suggesting things that could hurt others that are more sensitive and fragile then you are. Caffeine for many people is much to stressful to the kidneys and adrenal glands.

The last podcast i heard Ray talking was about the health concerns of vitamins because of the questionable purity of the raw materials.

You specifically said "laboratory vitamins" and "synthetic caffeine" so you weren't just pointing towards ONLY caffeine, but all supplements regardless.

I don't think you get it, it is not just from my personal experience but this what the research and studies says what can work for liver health and also kidney health (taurine/TUDCA). Do you need me to cherry pick all of the studies showing caffeine's benefits on liver health not to mention taurine as well? You obviously don't follow Peat's work b/c you are claiming that caffeine "stresses" adrenal glands, without even realizing what the word "stresses" means. That is called a stress response from insufficient glucose, which is exactly why I mentioned Red Bull since it has a high content of sugar that would help prevent that and the taurine to help keep fluid balance correct (i.e the kidneys) along with keeping cortisol low.

Stop fear mongering and actually show some evidence to the typical mainstream claims you are making.

How am I hurting other people? Did you even read the title of thread is has to due to with kidney and liver health? It is a simple and SAFE suggestion, he doesn't have to listen, that is what a discussion is for. How is suggesting a red bull, which has less caffeine than coffee, and includes co-factors that can mitigate a stress response dangerous? If anything I'm being extremely conservative in my approach.

Did you even read the OP's response to me suggesting caffeine? He handles way more than 80mg of caffeine perfectly fine. Here I'll post it for you again.

TUDCA is kind of interesting. Seems like taking bear bile is worth an experiment. Thanks for turning me on to it.

Why were your liver enzymes high?

I actually tolerate caffeine pretty well. I can drink 24oz of coffee in the morning and ice teas through the day without much problem.

My hypothesis is around long term liver health. I think that while you can cleanse the liver and get it in good shape for awhile, prolonged liver dysfunction is actually an effect of the kidneys and living an overstimulating life, whatever that looks like. So while I could do a green juice fast with TUDCA enemas and get my liver in tip top shape, within a period of time I will be back to where I was, but worse off now, without life changes oriented towards kidney health.

I have written some points in my OP about what good kidney health looks like, i.e. EMF, family dynamics, life purpose that orients you away from short term pleasures, etc. These are broad and may take time to change. We could also throw in working under fluorescent lights while staring at a screen.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

TubZy

I keep saying caffeine helps some people, my rhetoric is that it is not good for everyone and that for many sensitive people working on their health it can cause more health problems.

You seem kind of stressed, maybe you should slow down on the caffeine...

Adolescent caffeine consumption increases adulthood anxiety-related behavior and modifies neuroendocrine signaling - ScienceDirect

http://www.americanmedtech.org/files/STEP_Online_articles/353.pdf

You keep saying caffeine yet you referred to "laboratory" vitamins in your initial post, make up your mind. This is how I always talk, read my others posts lol, coming from the guy who is saying I'm hurting someone by suggesting them to drink a small can of red bull, stop reacting with emotion first before facts and get your estrogen levels checked, you sound pretty emotional over something small.

Of course caffeine can increase anxiety. T3 can cause anxiety too, nicotine can cause anxiety etc. If you are not consuming enough glucose and proper nutrient intake, anything pro metabolic has the potential to cause anxiety, it is called a stress response from cortisol and adrenaline. Go back and re-read through Ray's posts on glucose and caffeine and you will understand why.

None of the studies you mentioned talked anything about sufficient glucose intake and caffeine induced anxiety. Caffeine is known to inhibit GABA, hence once again why taurine, niacinamide, glycine etc. all can help prevent or stop the stress response as they are GABA agonists when taken in conjunction with caffeine.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
You keep saying caffeine yet you referred to "laboratory" vitamins in your initial post, make up your mind. This is how I always talk, read my others posts lol, coming from the guy who is saying I'm hurting someone by suggesting them to drink a small can of red bull, stop reacting with emotion first before facts and get your estrogen levels checked, you sound pretty emotional over something small.

Of course caffeine can increase anxiety. T3 can cause anxiety too, nicotine can cause anxiety etc. If you are not consuming enough glucose and proper nutrient intake, anything pro metabolic has the potential to cause anxiety, it is called a stress response from cortisol and adrenaline. Go back and re-read through Ray's posts on glucose and caffeine and you will understand why.

None of the studies you mentioned talked anything about sufficient glucose intake and caffeine induced anxiety. Caffeine is known to inhibit GABA, hence once again why taurine, niacinamide, glycine etc. all can help prevent or stop the stress response as they are GABA agonists when taken in conjunction with caffeine.

Ok i think we both presented our views, now other people can decide for them selfs whats best.

I wish my estrogen levels were little higher, since using the red light on my genitals and taking cordyceps mushrooms i feel like a cave man, more women are attracted to me now then i ever remember in my life.

Red Light ‘Triples Testicle Function’ Studies Show - Red Light Man

Red Light Therapy Treats Erectile Dysfunction - Red Light Man

Women can place the light on the lower belly over their uterus.

L

lollipop

cordyceps mushrooms
Hi @Daniel11 - would you mind speaking more about cordyceps mushrooms? I used to use them and was not very educated. I think they helped at that time but am curious about those medicinal mushrooms. Thank you in advance.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Hi @Daniel11 - would you mind speaking more about cordyceps mushrooms? I used to use them and was not very educated. I think they helped at that time but am curious about those medicinal mushrooms. Thank you in advance.

Cordyceps is naturally found in the Tibetan region of the Himalayas, i visited their several times and always heard about the many beneficial qualities of and historical use as medicine in that part of the world. Tibetan medical texts speak highly of its many properties.

Now it is become popular and is cultivated worldwide, quality is important, i prefer to buy from sources in the USA. Reishi mushrooms offer many health benefits also, they work well together.

Here is interesting research on Cordyceps.

Recent literature further confirms that Cordyceps enhances cellular energy in the form of ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate). Upon hydrolysis of phosphates from ATP, lots of energy is released which is further used by the cell (Dai et al. 2001; Siu et al. 2004). The studies by many researchers in the past on Cordyceps have demonstrated that it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, larvicidal, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-oxidant, anti-tumor, pro-sexual, apoptotic, immunomodulatory, anti-HIV and many more activities.

Pharmacological and therapeutic potential of Cordyceps with special reference to Cordycepin

This is a good source for very high quality organic Cordyceps and Reishi mushrooms

Host Defense | The Finest Organic Mushroom Supplements | Olympia, Washington

L

lollipop

Cordyceps is naturally found in the Tibetan region of the Himalayas, i visited their several times and always heard about the many beneficial qualities of and historical use as medicine in that part of the world. Tibetan medical texts speak highly of its many properties.

Now it is become popular and is cultivated worldwide, quality is important, i prefer to buy from sources in the USA. Reishi mushrooms offer many health benefits also, they work well together.

Here is interesting research on Cordyceps.

Recent literature further confirms that Cordyceps enhances cellular energy in the form of ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate). Upon hydrolysis of phosphates from ATP, lots of energy is released which is further used by the cell (Dai et al. 2001; Siu et al. 2004). The studies by many researchers in the past on Cordyceps have demonstrated that it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, larvicidal, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-oxidant, anti-tumor, pro-sexual, apoptotic, immunomodulatory, anti-HIV and many more activities.

Pharmacological and therapeutic potential of Cordyceps with special reference to Cordycepin

This is a good source for very high quality organic Cordyceps and Reishi mushrooms

Host Defense | The Finest Organic Mushroom Supplements | Olympia, Washington
Great Thank you @Daniel11 :):

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Hey bro, how do you cook that, i keep trying to eat more liver but never like the taste..
Can't stand the taste. Freeze it into cubes, cut it up into small pieces and swallow them raw with coffee in the morning. Minimal taste or chewing happens.

Jack Roe

Hey bro, how do you cook that, i keep trying to eat more liver but never like the taste..

It's best lightly cooked---it can still be pink in the middle. If you don't like pure liver, liver pate is also tasty, but liver pate is a ground mixture of liver and fat usually, so that's verboten, you'll get deadly toxic PUFA!!!

Cooking it with onions and bacon---but, oops, bacon, also verboten!

Perhaps you could grind it up into a smoothie w/ some gelatin?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I should also say I freeze it for at least a month before ingestion to kill any baddies from it being raw.

theLaw

I tried mixing a small amount (1 ounce) into a chocolate milkshake, and couldn't taste it.

Also disappears in strong coffee.:cool:

L

lollipop

I blend in with some ground 95/5 grassfed beef and sauté - taste disappears! Quite yummy. Ratio is 1/2 lb liver, 1.5 pounds beef. I cook for my husband and myself and we each eat about 4-5 oz a day over a four day period.

tara

Obviously experiences will differ. Some people tolerate fructose wonderfully and feel awful with starch. Fair enough, but I don't think fructose should be forced because it's perceived as healthy even when there's clear signs that the body isn't processing it appropriately. When I gave up trying to make a ton of fruit and fruit juice work, added back in some starch, drank coffee to taste (2-3 cups per day), walked for 20 - 25 minutes in the morning, and started lifting weights a couple of times a week, my energy, digestion, and blood glucose all improved.
This makes sense to me.
I haven't found a way to get that kind of regular exercise happening lately with my current life and health (much as I'd like to), and that much coffee doesn't seem to agree with me at least at the moment, but following my tastes back to more starches and less sugars has been at least consistent with more sustained energy levels. I'm not measuring sugar levels, but I'm assuming that somewhat more sustained energy is a good sign. (Other factors have changed too, so I'm not claiming it's necessarily causal).

I want to avoid the trap where you cleanse your liver, weaken your kidneys, then take a break, then cleanse your liver, then weaken your kidneys, then take a break...ad naseaum until you are exhausted and depleted and still have liver problems.
I'm interested in your questions round this. It seems intuitively likely to me that the organs are connected to each other, and that one cannot simply address one in isolation without having consequences elsewhere. If the liver turns turns waste into water-solubles for the kidneys to remove, then it seems on the surface plausble that the kidnes would be affected by liver cleansing tactics. I've had patches of feeling like I'm getting better - more energy, clearer head - but eventually seeming to be more depleted - too thin, feeling less resilient and able to sustain myself.
I assume that my liver is a key part of my own issues - headaches and migraines are often associated with liver trouble.
But given that my fluid and electrolyte control seem to also get messed up around migraines, I imagine there could be kidney involvement, and clearly stress and adrenal involvement is part of the picture for me personally too.

Along with the direct stuff like nutrition, supplements, sunlight, breathing, etc, I expect the ways our nervous system is involved in interpreting and influencing processes plays a huge role in our health. Both real current external threats, traumas, stresses, but also anything we have a habitual emotional reaction to that associates with danger (or helplessness, or overwhelm, or isolation, etc). Presumably sustained healing would be well supported both by attending to current life conditions, but also, and perhaps just as importantly, finding ways to break those habits. 'Feelings' and emotional reactions might seem insubstantial, but presumably they affect how our nervous system directs our organs in very direct physical health affecting ways.

Thanks Xisca. Another good read.

But I'm taking note of paragraph on bile, which says:

Bile Excretion
The liver's second detoxification process involves the synthesis and secretion of bile. Each day the liver manufactures approximately 2 liters of bile, which serves as a carrier in which many toxic substances are dumped into the intestines. In the intestines, the bile and its toxic load are absorbed by fiber (if there is any in the diet) and then excreted. However, a diet low in fiber results in inadequate binding and reabsorption of the toxins back from the intestines into the liver. This low fiber diet (especially soluble fiber like oats and flax seed lignans) is a major cause of gall stones. This problem is magnified when bacteria in the intestine modify these toxins to more damaging forms.

Is a diet low in fiber a major cause of gall stones?

Is a diet low in fiber going to result in adequate binding and reabsorption of the toxins back from the intestines into the liver?
Isn't that a key part of why Peat recommends carrot salad, cooked bamboo shoots, mushrooms?

Maybe some people produce 2l bile day, but I'd be surprised if most make that much.

Also, practices that maintain good bowel health and transit time should help to not have the waste sit around so long waiting to be reabsorbed.

If you are correct about organ dysfunction, then there are two possible causes: environmental and genetic.
Which category does epigenetic go in from your PoV?
Nutrition is more or less a solved problem---this is why they have lab chow for primates and dog food for dogs.
I rather think there is still a great deal still to be learned - we're a long way from the end of the science.
And even that which has been learned, from the PoV of the most people, is not widely and simply available - the field of nutrition is full of controversy. Furthermore, the food supply is pretty degraded (pollution, pesticides, soil demineralisation, stressful agricultural practices, non-food additives, etc), so even if one knew what would be optimal human chow, it would not be available for most people.
I'm guessing the reason I can buy cat food that is mostly grain (!) has more to do with our economic system than science showing grain is proper food for carnivores.

It seems to me far more likely that people have mineral/vitamin deficiency and not thyroid/hormone deficiency, especially if for some of their lives they have produced sufficient hormones to feel acceptable. And no mineral in the body is responsible for just one thing, so taking hormones is not going to correct the underlying problems
I do agree that addressing mineral and vitamin and other nutritional needs/deficiencies is fundamental, and probably in most cases logically comes first before considering hormone supplementation etc.
It does get a bit tricky though, when someone is run down and the full digestive system is not working well enough to make good use of the available input, and when good quality input is in short supply.

It can take up to 5 hours or more for primary and secondary insulin signals to fall after a mixed meal. If you eat constantly, keeping insulin elevated, you never let these levels fall low enough for glucagon to rise, and you cannot burn stored fat in the liver or otherwise.
How about fasting 9-10 hours at night?

I don't think we have reliable data to say what most members here do.

+1
Caffeine clearly serves some people better than others, and it's not just about eating enough sugar etc with it.

I agree with you that there seem to be states when people need extra high amounts of some nutrients. I've heard Peat favour supplementing small amounts of niacinamide, but he's mentioned that synthetic riboflavin specifically is often problematically allergenic.

J

James IV

"How about fasting 9-10 hours at night?"

These days, that's not enough time to clear out insulin for a lot of folks. A carby dinner may keep insulin up half that time, and then morning cortisol takes over before it can clear out.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals