Liver Supplements

AJC

So, after much reading of this forum, it seems like a fairly common consensus is that most people suffer from liver issues of one form or another that are at the root of many of our problems.

I'm new to Peating and have adopted a very low fat diet with the hopes of boosting metabolism, protective hormones, and building muscle and loosing fat. It seems like it would be an easy route for me to begin supplementing some hormones from IdeaLabs to expedite this healing process (specifically dealing with cortisol/abdominal fat issues and higher estrogen, low metab.), but being young (22 yo male) I'm pretty hesitant about going this route before trying simpler supplementation with some vitamins, or mitolipin, etc. I'm also hesitant about going down this route before attempting measures to maximize liver health, as this seems to be the first step no matter which way I go.

So, searching around the forum has brought the "high caffeine/K2 Liver Protocol" (if you can call it that) to my attention. Based on my understanding--it goes like this:

1) 10-15 mg K2 daily
2) Lots of caffeine/coffee/espresso daily
The role of taurine and glycine (gelatin?) is not very clear in this to me. Another question I have is what other vitamins would be beneficial to take along with these, so that an imbalance does not develop. I'd like to minimize supps as much as possible right now to give my body a break from a heavy supp program I've been on, but I still don't want to miss anything crucial.

I was thinking purchasing Kuinone for the K2, and then perhaps Tocovit and Retinil for E and A, and then not worrying about D.

Recent searching on the forum brought MB to my attention as another aid in liver health--does anyone have any experience with this?

Can anyone comment on the supplements/"program" I've laid out above? Any additional supplements come to mind for liver healing? Any ways to measure my progress?

Thanks all

BastiFuntasty

Sounds good for a beginning.

Taurine has been shown to double liver glycogen storage in (I think it were mice), so definitely worth thinking about it.

OP
AJC

AJC

Sounds good for a beginning.

Taurine has been shown to double liver glycogen storage in (I think it were mice), so definitely worth thinking about it.

Thanks, any recommendation of daily amount?

BastiFuntasty

Thanks, any recommendation of daily amount?
Most effective doses in humans are probably in the 2-5g range. However there are guys out there taking up to 10g. If you decide to try it, I would start with a fairly low dose, maybe 500mg daily, and work my way up, since it can sometimes cause diarrhea.
I used it myself a few weeks ago, but didn't feel any benefits from taking it. Maybe it has helped my liver a little, but not so much that notice metabolic increase.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals