I No Longer Have Hangovers

Soundios

Don't know where to post this but thought some of you may be interested.
Basically for the past 5-6 years I've had very bad hangovers that last 2-4 days, maybe even up to a week. Even a pint of two of lager would make me feel bad the next day.
Since adopting many of Peat's idea's a few months ago I've been out on several heavy drinking sessions (I'm not condoning this behaviour) and to my surprise each time the morning after I've woken up with no hangover. Usually just tired from lack of sleep.
I'd be interested in people's theories as to why this is. My line of thinking is perhaps an improvement in liver function. Or maybe increase in generative hormones?
Look forward to anyone's thoughts.

opiath

Better aerobic metabolism makes this go faster:

alcoholmetabolism.jpg

YNv8pl6.png

DuggaDugga

I think sufficient thiamine may play a role as alcohol dehydrogenase is a thiamine-dependent enzyme.
Minimize other liver burdens like stress hormones, pharmaceuticals, etc.; spare the need for glucoronidation.
And overall increased oxidative metabolism as @opiath mentioned.

I'd love to hear what you're doing though. Any amount of drinking and I'm hungover for a day, especially if it goes late into the night.

OP
S

Soundios

Interesting, thanks for the responses. In terms of what I'm doing, basically minimising PUFA's, Iron, and fiber. Most of calories come via white rice, orange juice, fruit, sugar, meat, honey and some dairy. Supplement wise I've tried a few over the past few months but the only regular one I've been taking is large doses of Vitamin E. I know micro nutrients are important, but for the time being I'm just focusing on maximising metabolism, and so far up til this point despite one or two set backs I'm seeing some nice improvements in overall health.

DrJ

Use your new superpower wisely :) I experienced the same thing, but also largely lost my interest in heavy drinking.

Mito

Isn't licorice the most estrogenic thing?
Licorice More Estrogenic Than Estradiol: Some of the Flavonoids in Glycyrrhiza Glabra Roots Turn Out to Be Superinductors of the Estrogen-α & -β Receptors Licorice More Estrogenic Than Estradiol: Some of the Flavonoids in <i>Glycyrrhiza Glabra</i> Roots Turn Out to Be Superinductors of the Estrogen-α & -β Receptors - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone:sorry:

“Moreover, licorice appears to act as an SSRI".......”:-o

Last edited:

jaa

If want you can drink a lot off beer and red wine. That should give you a decent hangover.

Can confirm. I get 3-5 day hangovers (by hangovers I don't mean headaches, just poor brain function and feeling like trash) from a night of drinking beer. No amount of Peaty stuff has alleviated it. I remember when I first started taking energin, my hangovers, or energy after drinking, was better. But that has since gone to baseline. I think it's a gut and possibly allergy thing. I went out the other night and stuck to Jameson, drank little water all night, and woke up feeling like 50% better and the next day I was almost at 100%. No rumbling gut issues that usually persist for the hangover duration after drinking beer either.

tankasnowgod

The one thing that really seemed to up alcohol tolerance for me was reducing iron stores. I think that really allowed liver function to improve. Beyond that, extra sugar and carbs in general help. If you get an adrenaline reaction during the night, orange juice can calm it down within minutes. Extra B Vitamins also seem to be really important.

EIRE24

The one thing that really seemed to up alcohol tolerance for me was reducing iron stores. I think that really allowed liver function to improve. Beyond that, extra sugar and carbs in general help. If you get an adrenaline reaction during the night, orange juice can calm it down within minutes. Extra B Vitamins also seem to be really important.
What did you do to lower iron stores and would you worry about iron from things like beef liver?

tankasnowgod

What did you do to lower iron stores and would you worry about iron from things like beef liver?

Mostly, it was blood donation to lower iron stores, but I also used IP6, lactoferrin, aspirin, and dietary tweaks, including dairy and eggs.

I did cut back a bit on meat and liver for a while, but didn't eliminate them completely. I tracked ferritin the entire time (every 2-3 months when actively lowering, more like 1-2 a year now) so I knew where the levels were going. I don't worry too much about iron in liver now. The only source I actively avoid is supplemental iron, both in multivitamins and in fortified grains, like bread, rice and cereal. Following Peat's ideas, I don't eat much of those things anyway.

Velve921

I've had this discussion with many people....I do not get hangovers anymore as well. My keys to success during the drinking process:

Dinner at the beginning of the night - no starch, and do small amounts of meat. Drink coffee with lots of sugar at the feast 1/2 grain of NDT

Sip red bull and vodka, OJ and vodka, or OJ and tequila throughout the entire night. Sometimes I'll add an ole fashion in their for taste but if I feel my blood sugar drop (incoherency and fatigue) I go right back to a good nutrient combination. Combining alcohol with sugar, B vitamins, caffeine, carbonation, potassium, magnesium, sodium have been key to my success

Always avoid drinking alcohol without saying sugar drink. Straight alcohol csn lead to low blood sugar which brings about incoherent thinking and hangover. Basically, I csn be hammered but coherent because I keep my blood sugar regulated with nutrients. If you notice people that get blackout drunk its Becuase their blood sugar drops from drinking beer and/or straight alcohol. The nutrient support is key.

Before bed time I do Gerolsteiner water, OJ, and ice cream and NDT. Again, I avoid late night starch.

Now the argument about red bull....I've come to the conclusion that alcohol consumption is never good, therefore, if I choose to have drinks then I'll use the best available combination. During the winter I'll do coffee and sugar at a bar when trying to regulate blood sugar. My friends make fun of course. Caffeine soda and liquor could be a choice for some people as well.

Overall, it's not a simple answer, but I have played with this combination for 4 years and seen amazing results. For people that get jittery from high caffeine drinks, I would just start with lower doses. Or for beer lovers try a shot of sugary espresso throughout the night....or coffee and sugar. I do think everyone will respond differently, but it'd good food for thought.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Mostly, it was blood donation to lower iron stores, but I also used IP6, lactoferrin, aspirin, and dietary tweaks, including dairy and eggs.

I did cut back a bit on meat and liver for a while, but didn't eliminate them completely. I tracked ferritin the entire time (every 2-3 months when actively lowering, more like 1-2 a year now) so I knew where the levels were going. I don't worry too much about iron in liver now. The only source I actively avoid is supplemental iron, both in multivitamins and in fortified grains, like bread, rice and cereal. Following Peat's ideas, I don't eat much of those things anyway.
Thank you for the reply.

OP
S

Soundios

I've had this discussion with many people....I do not get hangovers anymore as well. My keys to success during the drinking process:

Dinner at the beginning of the night - no starch, and do small amounts of meat. Drink coffee with lots of sugar at the feast 1/2 grain of NDT

Sip red bull and vodka, OJ and vodka, or OJ and tequila throughout the entire night. Sometimes I'll add an ole fashion in their for taste but if I feel my blood sugar drop (incoherency and fatigue) I go right back to a good nutrient combination. Combining alcohol with sugar, B vitamins, caffeine, carbonation, potassium, magnesium, sodium have been key to my success

Always avoid drinking alcohol without saying sugar drink. Straight alcohol csn lead to low blood sugar which brings about incoherent thinking and hangover. Basically, I csn be hammered but coherent because I keep my blood sugar regulated with nutrients. If you notice people that get blackout drunk its Becuase their blood sugar drops from drinking beer and/or straight alcohol. The nutrient support is key.

Before bed time I do Gerolsteiner water, OJ, and ice cream and NDT. Again, I avoid late night starch.

Now the argument about red bull....I've come to the conclusion that alcohol consumption is never good, therefore, if I choose to have drinks then I'll use the best available combination. During the winter I'll do coffee and sugar at a bar when trying to regulate blood sugar. My friends make fun of course. Caffeine soda and liquor could be a choice for some people as well.

Overall, it's not a simple answer, but I have played with this combination for 4 years and seen amazing results. For people that get jittery from high caffeine drinks, I would just start with lower doses. Or for beer lovers try a shot of sugary espresso throughout the night....or coffee and sugar. I do think everyone will respond differently, but it'd good food for thought.

Interesting, I'll be sure to take some of this advice on board. Thanks!

Wagner83

I drank a lot of rhum after not drinking in a long time, I had been doing estroban for a few days and felt great, I decided to use a dose of energin (b vitamins) during the day, in the evening I was amazed at how quickly I de-drunk myself , I'd lose the effects alcohol after one or two hours at most. Mind you the next day I tried to run and the start was still difficult lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals