IGF-1 And It’s Link To Acne

This study was done in 2010
Short-term isotretinoin treatment decreases insulin-like growth factor-1 and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 levels: does isotretinoin a... - PubMed - NCBI

This study was done in 2015

It shows lower levels of LH, ACTH, IGF-1, DHEA, T4 and T3 for those of you who want a quick summary.
The effect of different doses of isotretinoin on pituitary hormones. - PubMed - NCBI

My question is what can one do to restore IGF-1 levels as I’d like to work on liver function first.

My approach is to restore everything liver, kidneys, adrenals and thyroid although thyroid seems to be least affected in me specifically but it wouldn’t hurt.

Also is there are any other forum members who have taken Accutane I would love your feedback on this.

Thanks everyone!

Fire away!

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have not used accutane before, but my skin is pretty oily at the moment (not excessive) and I have no acne. For me, when I keep the gut clean and the liver healthy, I don't have to worry about getting acne.

Carbs, insulin, milk, protein, magnesium, DHEA, calcium, eggs, vit D, etc., increase IGF-1. So eating enough calories, avoiding vitamin and mineral deficiencies, exercise, and ensuring high androgens (DHEA), keeping cortisol and estrogen low should raise your IGF-1.
Then keeping the gut clean will ensure you don't get acne. And also avoid PUFAs. :):

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I have not used accutane before, but my skin is pretty oily at the moment (not excessive) and I have no acne. For me, when I keep the gut clean and the liver healthy, I don't have to worry about getting acne.

Carbs, insulin, milk, protein, magnesium, DHEA, calcium, eggs, vit D, etc., increase IGF-1. So eating enough calories, avoiding vitamin and mineral deficiencies, exercise, and ensuring high androgens (DHEA), keeping cortisol and estrogen low should raise your IGF-1.
Then keeping the gut clean will ensure you don't get acne. And also avoid PUFAs. :):
@Hans Haha what’s up man! I just finished reading your story on natural supremacy right before you commented.

Dr. B

@Hans Haha what’s up man! I just finished reading your story on natural supremacy right before you commented.

@Hans I clicked one of the links to a natural supremacy article the other day and it had a crazy response, like it had a virus warning screen pop up, even some strange sounds came when the page was opened. the link said it was natural supremacy website but it changed to something else once i clicked it and it began loading

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I clicked one of the links to a natural supremacy article the other day and it had a crazy response, like it had a virus warning screen pop up, even some strange sounds came when the page was opened. the link said it was natural supremacy website but it changed to something else once i clicked it and it began loading
My old site used to be natural supremacy, but I changed it to menelite. I tried to correct all links, but a few must have slipped through. Where did you find that link?

Cooper

Yes, I do. Some side effects went away and others still linger.
Like what, please be spesific. Any sexual sides?
And did your height continue to grow after Accutane? Shoulder bones, facial masculinisation? Do you have any overbite issues? (shorther mandible on side profile.)

OP
Alex Jaramillo
And did your height continue to grow after Accutane? Shoulder bones, facial masculinisation? Do you have any overbite issues? (shorther mandible on side profile.)
Bone cracking, fatigue, and joint pain is what remains. I did have sexual side effects but they went away. I also had extremely dry skin and lips for a long time which has progressively got better. As far as growth. I did not grow in height after taking it so everything else probably stopped growing as well. Im 5’10 while my mother is 5’5 and my father is 6’8.

Cooper

Bone cracking, fatigue, and joint pain is what remains. I did have sexual side effects but they went away. I also had extremely dry skin and lips for a long time which has progressively got better. As far as growth. I did not grow in height after taking it so everything else probably stopped growing as well. Im 5’10 while my mother is 5’5 and my father is 6’8.
Are you sure you didn't grow at all after Tane? No other bones must have grew. I know more severe Accutane Syndrome cases and they report shoulder and chest bone growth after 16.

At what age you took Tane? Ever tested your igf-1, Vit D and Testesterone levels? E2?

Maybe your genes went to your motherside instead of your fathers. And jesus, 6'8? I mean, after 16 people grow maximum 2 inches. Logically you were never going to be as tall as your father anywas according to genetic plan if you were 5'10 to begin with.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Are you sure you didn't grow at all after Tane? No other bones must have grew. I know more severe Accutane Syndrome cases and they report shoulder and chest bone growth after 16.

At what age you took Tane? Ever tested your igf-1, Vit D and Testesterone levels? E2?

Maybe your genes went to your motherside instead of your fathers. And jesus, 6'8? I mean, after 16 people grow maximum 2 inches. Logically you were never going to be as tall as your father anywas according to genetic plan if you were 5'10 to begin with.
My testosterone was 580 ng/dl and E2 was 11 pg/ml. I have not measured vitamin d and igf-1.

I did grow a bit but I think it interfered with healthy development in many ways. Regardless, I have been getting better since I started looking into improving my health.

Cooper

My testosterone was 580 ng/dl and E2 was 11 pg/ml. I have not measured vitamin d and igf-1.

I did grow a bit but I think it interfered with healthy development in many ways. Regardless, I have been getting better since I started looking into improving my health.
Is that your body on your profile picture? Your muscles look very good. How come you have only 580 of TT? Your E2 seems LOW. Optimal is 20- 25.

And why do you keep thinking it halted your development? I don't see any evidence, don't get it.

ursidae

Anecdotal but My cousin was on Accutane three times between 14-18 and grew 10 inches in height. Shoulders also got a lot wider and his jaw and cheekbones grew very well and continue to develop. His lifestyle is extremely bad and the only positive thing he does is drink Milk

Dr. B

Anecdotal but My cousin was on Accutane three times between 14-18 and grew 10 inches in height. Shoulders also got a lot wider and his jaw and cheekbones grew very well and continue to develop. His lifestyle is extremely bad and the only positive thing he does is drink Milk
why is this, does it have some height boosting effect? or are you saying despite the accutane toxic effects he still grew a lot

ursidae

why is this, does it have some height boosting effect? or are you saying despite the accutane toxic effects he still grew a lot
I doubt it had a height boosting effect. the fact that his lifestyle is so bad on top of the amount of accutane he took also makes me think the way his height and bone structure developed doesn’t have much to do with anything he did.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Is that your body on your profile picture? Your muscles look very good. How come you have only 580 of TT? Your E2 seems LOW. Optimal is 20- 25.

And why do you keep thinking it halted your development? I don't see any evidence, don't get it.
Yes, that’s me. I think it is a bit low but it’s been a while since I measured. The last blood marker I did was prolactin by it self. I think it haulted my development because it lowered my energy levels drastically and caused muscle weakness, aching bones, depression and extremely dry skin.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Yes, that’s me. I think it is a bit low but it’s been a while since I measured. The last blood marker I did was prolactin by it self. I think it haulted my development because it lowered my energy levels drastically and caused muscle weakness, aching bones, depression and extremely dry skin.
And I couldn’t open my lips fully because of how dry they were. Felt like they were sewn shut.

Cooper

Thank you a lot!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals