The Conversion Of Testosterone To DHT Is IGF-1 Dependent

Hans

Forum Supporter
Expression of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system and steroidogenic enzymes in canine testis tumors
"Since the conversion of testosterone in DHT is IGF-1 dependent [20]. The reduction of 5α-reductase expression in Sertoli cell tumors could be a result of the lower IGF-1 expression. In human skin fibroblasts an increase in IGF-I levels has been shown to cause a rise in 5α-reductase activity"

Decrease of Insulin Growth Factor-1 as a Novel Mechanism for Anti-Androgen Effect of Isotretinoin and Its Reported Association With Depression in Some Cases: Scientific, Peer-Reviewed Dermatology Article Indexed with MEDLINE/PubMed
"androgen significantly stimulates the proliferation of outer root sheath cells that are co-cultured with beard dermal papilla cells without cell contact. The expression of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) mRNA in beard dermal papilla cells was stimulated by androgen"

So if you want a great beard, IGF-1 is very important to produce DHT and then DHT also increases IGF-1mRNA in that area, thus promoting growth.
I've noted a synergistic effect on beard growth with milk and androsterone.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Before anyone worry about IGF-1 and cancer, only a high IGF-1 to IGFBP-3 ratio is associated with cancer. And only low fat milk was able to significantly increase IGFBP-3 and reduce the risk of cancer.

Milk Intake, Circulating Levels of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I, and Risk of Colorectal Cancer in Men
"Among all of the dairy foods (low-fat milk, milk, hard cheese, and ice cream), only low-fat milk was statistically significantly and positively associated with IGFBP-3 levels."

"Among men with IGF-I/IGFBP-3 in the highest tertile, intake of low-fat milk was inversely and statistically significantly associated with risk"

"Conversely, among men with high IGF-I/IGFBP-3, frequent low-fat milk drinkers had a 60% lower risk (95% CI = 0.17 to 0.87; Ptrend = .02) than nondrinkers."

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
No it seems low fat/skim is more protective against colorectal cancer and also seem slightly better at boosting IGF-1 and IGFBP3.

Cameron

I can only get raw milk whole not low fat I still feel there's lots of benefit with grass fed raw milk as the hormones and enzymes are unharmed. I'd be curious to know if any 5ar metabolites are found in raw milk haven't found any reliable info on that but no doubt quality milk is a super food

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I can only get raw milk whole not low fat I still feel there's lots of benefit with grass fed raw milk as the hormones and enzymes are unharmed. I'd be curious to know if any 5ar metabolites are found in raw milk haven't found any reliable info on that but no doubt quality milk is a super food
Raw milk is awesome yes. Milk contains many androgen (including 5AR metabolites) and boosts DHT not just via IGF-1. The saturated fats in raw milk is also great, however I gained a bit of weight last time I drank lots of full fat raw milk.
The dairy fat is also a rich source of pentadecanoic acid, which is known to boost ATP levels.

Cameron

So is lacking beard dermal papilla cells the reason some men don't grow beards or a sensitivity to those cells via androgens in the blood I always wondered what compounds might greatly stimulate these cells or androgen receptors in the skin just created a thread on 3a diol and beard growth from alcohol however doubt that's a great way to do it I've drank milk all my life and it's given me big muscles but no great beard but I'm only 24 too

Before anyone worry about IGF-1 and cancer, only a high IGF-1 to IGFBP-3 ratio is associated with cancer. And only low fat milk was able to significantly increase IGFBP-3 and reduce the risk of cancer.

Milk Intake, Circulating Levels of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I, and Risk of Colorectal Cancer in Men
"Among all of the dairy foods (low-fat milk, milk, hard cheese, and ice cream), only low-fat milk was statistically significantly and positively associated with IGFBP-3 levels."

"Among men with IGF-I/IGFBP-3 in the highest tertile, intake of low-fat milk was inversely and statistically significantly associated with risk"

"Conversely, among men with high IGF-I/IGFBP-3, frequent low-fat milk drinkers had a 60% lower risk (95% CI = 0.17 to 0.87; Ptrend = .02) than nondrinkers."
nonsense, low fat milk is not more protective against cancer. neither is full fat milk less protective against getting cancer. "risk of cancer"concept is wrong here.
If so, that would mean when I drink low fat milk, im good, low risk. but when I drink low fat milk but take some of butter fat or fat from cream, I increase risk for getting cancer!? nonsense.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
So is lacking beard dermal papilla cells the reason some men don't grow beards or a sensitivity to those cells via androgens in the blood I always wondered what compounds might greatly stimulate these cells or androgen receptors in the skin just created a thread on 3a diol and beard growth from alcohol however doubt that's a great way to do it I've drank milk all my life and it's given me big muscles but no great beard but I'm only 24 too

My beard filled in rapidly when my hairline took a hit. I have 3 brothers and the one with the heaviest beard is the one with the least hair.

Cameron

IGF-1mRNA is responsible for androgen hair growth or is it the androgen receptors in the skin/follicle?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Altered IGF-1:IGF-1BP3 ratio seems to me like just another proxy for general stress and unhealth. Maybe the people who drank low-fat were more health-conscious and generally chose healthier options, exercised regularly, etc.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Both DHT and IGF-1 is involved in beard growth, but the limiting factor might be DHT. Because DHT increases IGF-1 mRNA, so with low DHT you might still have a patchy beard. That is why I notice a synergistic effect between milk and andro. Even if IGF-1 is high it might not give you a good beard if DHT is low. Hair growth is also dependent on the metabolism. My hair getting thicker and softer and grows a bit faster when my metabolism is good, and thin and frizzy when it's slow.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Altered IGF-1:IGF-1BP3 ratio seems to me like just another proxy for general stress and unhealth. Maybe the people who drank low-fat were more health-conscious and generally chose healthier options, exercised regularly, etc.
IGFBP3 is low in cancer, diabetes, baldness, etc, so getting IGFBP3 up is a good idea. But a low IGF-1:IGFBP3 ratio is associated with a high waist to hip ratio. So it's about balance.

I also think one of the reasons the study above found that low fat is better, is because most of the toxins and hormones are in the fat. So the people that eat more butter, cheese, etc. are a bit unhealthier, because of more toxins, additives, preservatives, etc.

I also think one of the reasons the study above found that low fat is better, is because most of the toxins and hormones are in the fat. So the people that eat more butter, cheese, etc. are a bit unhealthier, because of more toxins, additives, preservatives, etc.
The study does not take into account the vitamin D exposure Edit: I mean exposure to sunshine and vitamin D levels ? I cannot find it in there ...
"Vitamin D has been shown to increase circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3"

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Quite a few things increase IGF-1, such as vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, vit A, calcium, selenium, copper, potassium, vit C, DHEA, taurine, eggs, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals