IGF-1

Discussion in 'Articles & Scientific Studies' started by paymanz, Oct 8, 2017.

1. paymanz

paymanz Member

Here probably i only post positives about igf1, as ray seeing it generally on reparative ,constructive side.(according to danny roddy,thanks to him)
    it is interesting most nutrient deficiencies lower igf1 but not GH!
    Hypothyroids have lower level of igf1
    https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jtr/2013/306750/

Effects of triiodothyronine on the insulin-like growth factor system in primary human osteoblastic cells in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
    Effect of thyroxine replacement on serum IGF‐I, IGFBP‐3 and the acid‐labile subunit in patients with hypothyroidism and hypopituitarism
    Igf1 lowers mmp level i believe
    Insulin-like growth factor 1 blocks collagen release and down regulates matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, -8, and -13 mRNA expression in bovine nasal cartilage stimulated with oncostatin M in combination with interleukin 1α

Low Igf1 levels increase FFA and enhanced beta oxidation
    Low Circulating Levels of IGF-1 in Healthy Adults Are Associated With Reduced β-Cell Function, Increased Intramyocellular Lipid, and Enhanced Fat Utilization During Fasting

lower igf1 and higher GH in diabetes
    IGF-1 and IGF-Binding Proteins and Bone Mass, Geometry, and Strength: Relation to Metabolic Control in Adolescent Girls With Type 1 Diabetes
    Igf1 lowers GH level by feed back mechanism
    Metabolic Actions of IGF-I in Normal Physiology and Diabetes

LLLT increases igf1
    Low-level laser irradiation affects the release of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), and receptor of IGF... - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of laser irradiation on the release of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), insulin like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), and receptor of IGF-1 (... - PubMed - NCBI

Taurine increases igf1 level, and the GH dependant igf1 synthesis in bones in second study
    Taurine, a major amino acid of oyster, enhances linear bone growth in a mouse model of protein malnutrition. - PubMed - NCBI

Vitamin B12–dependent taurine synthesis regulates growth and bone mass

Creatine increases igf1
    Increased IGF mRNA in human skeletal muscle after creatine supplementation. - PubMed - NCBI

Betaine increases igf1 signaling in muscle
    Betaine supplement enhances skeletal muscle differentiation in murine myoblasts via IGF-1 signaling activation

Lower level of igf1 linked to diabetes(while high gh is linked to diabetes) and also osteoptosis in diabetics(accompanied with low osteocalcin)
    Association Between Serum IGF-1 and Diabetes Among U.S. Adults

Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 and Osteocalcin Are Correlated with Markers of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women with Type-2 Diabetes

Aspirin increases igf1 in diabetic rats
    https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Streptozotocin_Induced_Type-II_Diabetic_Rats

Dopamine agonist "cabergoline" increases igf1
    IGF-1 levels may increase paradoxically with dopamine agonist treatment for prolactinomas. - PubMed - NCBI

Magnesium and zinc deficiency suppress igf1 level but no effect on growth hormone
    Role of insulin-like growth factor-1 and growth hormone in growth inhibition induced by magnesium and zinc deficiencies. - PubMed - NCBI

Manganese deficiency retarded growth, lowered igf1 and insulin, but increased growth hormone
    The influence of manganese deficiency on serum IGF-1 and IGF binding proteins in the male rat. - PubMed - NCBI

biotin deficiency lowers igf1 , and again , not GH! Biotin deficiency in mice is associated with decreased serum availability of insulin-like growth factor-I. - PubMed - NCBI

Copper deficiency lowers igf1
    Inadequate copper intake reduces serum insulin-like growth factor-I and bone strength in growing rats fed graded amounts of copper and zinc. - PubMed - NCBI

Starvation lowers igf1 , while it increases GH
    GH/IGF-I axis in anorexia nervosa. - PubMed - NCBI

Fibromylagia and igf1
    Changes in pain and insulin-like growth factor 1 in fibromyalgia during exercise: the involvement of cerebrospinal inflammatory factors and neurope... - PubMed - NCBI

Growth hormone as concomitant treatment in severe fibromyalgia associated with low IGF-1 serum levels. A pilot study

Vitamin A increases igf1
    Circulating Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is Associated with Vitamin A (VA) Status and Increased Circulating Hemoglobin (Hb) During Pregnancy in Nepalese Women

Fruit,vegetable,vitamin c intake Increases igf1
    Relation of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I and IGF-binding protein 3 concentrations with intakes of fruit, vegetables, and antioxidants

Cinnamon increase igf1 signaling
    Cinnamon extract promotes type I collagen biosynthesis via activation of IGF-I signaling in human dermal fibroblasts. - PubMed - NCBI

Tribulus terrestris increases igf1
    The function of androgen/androgen receptor and insulin growth factor‑1/insulin growth factor‑1 receptor on the effects of Tribulus terrestris extra... - PubMed - NCBI

Vitamin d increase igf1
    Vitamin D increases circulating IGF1 in adults: potential implication for the treatment of GH deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

The Danny Roddy Weblog

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

"Low-IGF subjects had higher overnight levels of free fatty acids (P = .028) and β-hydroxybutyrate (P = .014), increased accumulation of IMCLs in tibialis anterior muscle (P = .008), and a tendency for elevated fat oxidation rates (P = .058); however, glycerol Ra values were similar. Gene expression of the fatty acid metabolism pathway (P = .0014) was upregulated, whereas the GLUT1 gene was downregulated (P = .005) in the skeletal muscle in low-IGF subjects."

Wouldn't this imply an increase in lipolysis and a lowering in oxidative phosphorylation?

So what do you think about this? Is high IGF-1 better, or low IGF-1 better? I know that's probably a ridiculous question but I'm just asking to get an idea of cause and effect...

3. OP
    paymanz

paymanz Member

I'm not sure honestly,need to read more.

But apparently igf1 improves diabetes and sugar metabolism.
    It doesn't increase FFA level like GH.
    Just in case you haven't read this post,
    IGF1 : IGFBP3 Ratio As A Predictor Of Male Vertex Balding

4. OP
    paymanz

paymanz Member

Sorry ,now that I re read that paragraph, answer is clear(first time I saw that I thought the part you bolded strating from "gene expression..." meant being caused by igf1); in ray philosophy , it means igf1 is pro sugar oxidation and it increases co2 level. That sounds good.
    So igf1 does a good thing here.

5. ddjd

ddjd Member

6. LeeLemonoil

LeeLemonoil Member