Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion

1365mg per kg
Thanks for the link. Though I find it noteworthy that Cordyceps directly contains GABA, the statin amount is worrisome indeed.

I found old Cordyceps Sinesis CS-4 10:1 extract capsules in my stash. One contains 500mg, equivalent to 5g of Cordyceps powder. So one capsule should contain ca. 7mg of lovastatin. That's not an ultra high amount, but too much to take every day I guess.

Edit: The first of the following studies says that Cordyceps lowers LDL-Cholesterol while raising HDL in mice (the second one indicates something similar). That would be a good thing from mainstream point of view. But I'm not sure what Dr. Peats take on LDL vs HDL-cholesterol is...

Last edited:

Mauritio

Maybe it's safer if it's only taken 2-3 times a week. If someone doesnt want to loose androgenicity in between days , you could stack it with cistanche and creatin. I think those three would be a great combo.

Last edited:
I've heard the best version is the mycellium not the fruit body extract (this was from that guy on Joe Rogan who talked about mushrooms) any one can confirm?

Ismail

I've heard the best version is the mycellium not the fruit body extract (this was from that guy on Joe Rogan who talked about mushrooms) any one can confirm?

I’ve heard the opposite actually, little confused now.
I read that the fruiting body is the best extract as well as making sure beta-glucan content is at least 20-25% and to make sure the cordycepin (not cordycepic acid) is around 0.2-0.4%.

Was also advised about a year ago by someone on the nootropics Reddit sub that the best places to get it are:

• ⁠Nootropics Depot
• ⁠Real Mushrooms
• ⁠Freshcap Mushrooms
• ⁠Naturealm

“All 4 source their products from Nammex, which are fruiting body mushrooms standardized to beta glucans. That is what you want.” - that’s the guys direct quote from Reddit when I asked him.

I’ve heard the opposite actually, little confused now.
I read that the fruiting body is the best extract as well as making sure beta-glucan content is at least 20-25% and to make sure the cordycepin (not cordycepic acid) is around 0.2-0.4%.

Was also advised about a year ago by someone on the nootropics Reddit sub that the best places to get it are:

• ⁠Nootropics Depot
• ⁠Real Mushrooms
• ⁠Freshcap Mushrooms
• ⁠Naturealm

“All 4 source their products from Nammex, which are fruiting body mushrooms standardized to beta glucans. That is what you want.” - that’s the guys direct quote from Reddit when I asked him.
Some guy from reddit vs. some guy that's studied this stuff extensively...choose wisely!

Ismail

Some guy from reddit vs. some guy that's studied this stuff extensively...choose wisely!

I totally hear you, was just providing info which I had come across, thanks for the link, most people know of Paul Stamets from Joe Rogan. I remember a couple of years ago I watched a few videos of his pertaining to lions mane, I was hooked and immediately bought it. I didn’t realise initially but it tanked my libido, only after reading someone mentioning that it has this effect (on Reddit incidentally lol!) I stopped using it and sook after libido went back to normalish, I didn’t get that info from any of his videos at that time.

Nevertheless your point is valid, thank you ?

Ismail

Maybe it's safer if it's only taken 2-3 times a week. If someone doesnt want to loose androgenicity in between days , you could stack it with cistanche and creatin. I think those three would be a great combo.

That’s a very good suggestion.

I’ve ordered some cordyceps, should be arriving tonight.

Will start tomorrow and see if I will use it every other day.

cjm

Gonna give this a shot, too. If it is cistanche-like, I want to try it.

I used to be heavy on mushrooms. I had just found out about terpenes and their hormone-like effects.

This was pre-Peat, and I was obsessed with adrenal insufficiency and cortisol. Didn't know a damn thing about the other steroids.

Still, lion's mane would demolish brain fog quickly back in the day.

I had a good stint with New Chapter's Mindforce formulation, now called simply Lion's Mane.

But look at what New Chapter (i.e., Proctor and Gamble) adds to it now:

(Was it always this way??)

(Also, Real Mushrooms sells clean extracts but loads their caps up with junk -- that is a head-scratcher)

1619199250291.png

I totally hear you, was just providing info which I had come across, thanks for the link, most people know of Paul Stamets from Joe Rogan. I remember a couple of years ago I watched a few videos of his pertaining to lions mane, I was hooked and immediately bought it. I didn’t realise initially but it tanked my libido, only after reading someone mentioning that it has this effect (on Reddit incidentally lol!) I stopped using it and sook after libido went back to normalish, I didn’t get that info from any of his videos at that time.

Nevertheless your point is valid, thank you ?
Never buy his products they suck though and overpriced.