All about increasing 5 alpha reductase in the face and tissues for beard growth and masculine facial structure

OP
Cameron

Cameron

i did try it a few years ago, it gave me decent gains on my cheeks. Some hairs matured to terminal and some didn't, maybe the results would've been even better if i continued for another year but I started feeling too tired and my skin didn't look as good as before.

Did you try topical dht? I still have a some patches and it doesn't connect fully so I've been looking around for alternatives.
How long did you try? Did you dermatologist roll? I’ve tried androsterone on the face and believe it or not I do think it darkens some hairs but nothing dramatic

jaype

How long did you try? Did you dermatologist roll? I’ve tried androsterone on the face and believe it or not I do think it darkens some hairs but nothing dramatic
a little over a year. No derma roller

Hans

Forum Supporter
hey Hans happy new year hw is it going?
Hey man, happy new year to you too! I can definitely see improvement in density and thickness, but it's still a slow process. As I mentioned, I'm going to give this at least 6 months. I'm also wondering if I shouldn't apply it x2 or x3 daily. I'm only doing 1 drop on each cheek in the morning.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Would you try minoxidil? Also androsterone does seem to have a positive topical effect on beard growth. It may be reasonable to assume androsterone androstenedione and diol may have just as much responsibility on beard growth as dht or t even though the binding affinity to ar is lower?
Hey man, happy new year to you too! I can definitely see improvement in density and thickness, but it's still a slow process. As I mentioned, I'm going to give this at least 6 months. I'm also wondering if I shouldn't apply it x2 or x3 daily. I'm only doing 1 drop on each cheek in the morning.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I would also assume supplementing DHEA would really help over time as it will improve all 5 ar androgens. Men are now so deficient in not only T and dht but all the andro and 5 AR steroids that likely have underestimated masculinizing effects in males.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would you try minoxidil? Also androsterone does seem to have a positive topical effect on beard growth. It may be reasonable to assume androsterone androstenedione and diol may have just as much responsibility on beard growth as dht or t even though the binding affinity to ar is lower?
No I don't think I'll ever try that. Andro also had good effects for me, but I think 11-keto DHT is strong. The effects are still so slow that I think you'd need a study using topical DHEA vs DHT over 6 months to see the difference.
I would also assume supplementing DHEA would really help over time as it will improve all 5 ar androgens. Men are now so deficient in not only T and dht but all the andro and 5 AR steroids that likely have underestimated masculinizing effects in males.
For sure and for that I like topical DHEA the most.

Solace_found

No I don't think I'll ever try that. Andro also had good effects for me, but I think 11-keto DHT is strong. The effects are still so slow that I think you'd need a study using topical DHEA vs DHT over 6 months to see the difference.

For sure and for that I like topical DHEA the most.
So topical Dhea for beard growth bcoz I too have weak cheeks. Worth a shot?

jaype

I remember stumbling on an article comment a while ago where the person said he had success with DHEA as well. Don't know if it was topical or oral.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I remember stumbling on an article comment a while ago where the person said he had success with DHEA as well. Don't know if it was topical or oral.
Yes DHEA will certainly up-regulate androgen receptors and 5-ar. Sometimes I don’t notice positives when taking it at this point though