Important Hormones For Building Muscle And Tips On How To Improve Them

Gorillaquills

Uncoupling protein. Which generates heat instead of ATP. Which makes sense in the summer/hot areas.
So this is actually a really interesting topic. I know a lot of people think that DNA is questionable. I think DNA, your genetics have a lot to do with your BMI. There's one in particular called the fatso Gene. It's well researched. I have all three variants. Also there is a gene that deals with the uncoupling in your mitochondria. Some people just have more Brown fat than others which is why they can just eat whatever they want and never get fat and some just get fat no matter what they do. I was wondering what your thoughts were on a supplement called Rutin? According to my genetics, a lot of people from European descent have low thyroid and tend to have a higher BMI.

Gorillaquills

Uncoupling protein. Which generates heat instead of ATP. Which makes sense in the summer/hot areas.
This is actually a really interesting subject. I have been trying to find out many ways to increase my heat in my body. Some people can just eat whatever they want and stay skinny because they have more Brown fat activation.It turns out that genetically some people do have more active ‘internal heat’ and they actually are burning off more energy all the time. Unfortunately my genetics lead to me having a higher BMI. I've heard these supplements work well. Going to give them a try

Rutin supplement: Rutin is a polyphenol found in fruits and vegetables, which stimulates brown fat (animal study). If you want to supplement with rutin, it is available in powder form as well as in capsules. Good food sources include capers, black olives, buckwheat, and asparagus.

Fucoxanthin supplement: Fucoxanthin, a carotenoid found in brown seaweed, increases UCP1 activation. For example, a randomized controlled clinical trial in Japan found that carriers of the rs1800592 C/C genotype had a significantly reduced HbA1c level (a marker for insulin resistance) after taking 2mg of fucoxanthin per day for 8 weeks.[ref] You can buy fucoxanthin as a supplement or eat a lot of seaweed

sunny

@Gorillaquills , in regards to the Himalayan salt, I am remembering Ray Peat say in an interview that the pink color is iron, not the bioavailable kind. He recommends Morton canning and pickling salt- just pure salt. Also, you can get Diamond Crystal kosher salt.

Here are some Ray Peat quotes in regard to iron that may help you. I reduced my ever increasing saturation % from being over the top of the range to the recommended range of the 20s%. I think it happened by using progesterone to lower estrogen. I was already using thyroid because of no thyroid. Your tsh of 2.0 seems high. DR. Peat recommends it to be under 1.0, he says .40 in interviews, because tsh in itself is inflammatory.

"IRON

RP: High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?

DR: “Estrogen and the hypoxia , and the low thyroid increasing the estrogen promoting the hypoxia, that is what’s making the iron accumulate and displace the copper. It’s not just a random iron overload situation right”

DR: “So the iron overload is actually hyperesteogenemia
RP: “I think so, in most cases”
Danny Roddy Clips

RP : "High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?"

Last edited:

Gorillaquills

@Gorillaquills , in regards to the Himalayan salt, I am remembering Ray Peat say in an interview that the pink color is iron, not the bioavailable kind. He recommends Morton canning and pickling salt- just pure salt. Also, you can get Diamond Crystal kosher salt.

Here are some Ray Peat quotes in regard to iron that may help you. I reduced my ever increasing saturation % from being over the top of the range to the recommended range of the 20s%. I think it happened by using progesterone to lower estrogen. I was already using thyroid because of no thyroid. Your tsh of 2.0 seems high. DR. Peat recommends it to be under 1.0, he says .40 in interviews, because tsh in itself is inflammatory.

IRON

RP: High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?

DR: “Estrogen and the hypoxia , and the low thyroid increasing the estrogen promoting the hypoxia, that is what’s making the iron accumulate and displace the copper. It’s not just a random iron overload situation right”

Danny Roddy Clips

High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?
That might explain why I have ferritin levels. Also having a high TSH indicating inflammation. I need to do an estrogen and prolactin blood test. According to my genes when it comes to estrogen methylation, I have difficulty getting rid of it. I've been working on trying to upregulate certain enzymes so that I can get rid of it. Take dim, calcium d-glucarate and NAC. Here is a enzyme pathway picture

Attachments

• estrogen-elimination.jpg
    estrogen-elimination.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 12

Gorillaquills

IRON

Danny Roddy Clips

High Iron, particularly if it’s the Iron Saturation %, just like Prolactin, is a sign of high estrogen. Are you dealing with your thyroid first?
Also I am genetically predisposed with hereditary hemochromatosis. Now I just did a blood test for iron and everything came back within range except my ferritin which was off the charts

Gorillaquills

IRON

Danny Roddy Clips

I have been dealing with the thyroid first but I don't really feel like I have low thyroid. I think it's either high levels of cortisol or very high levels of estrogen. And it could be prolactin as well.

sunny

@Gorillaquills the following was posted by by ecstatichamster on a thread called "TSH is inflammatory just as Dr Peat always said"

TSH Activates Macrophage Inflammation by G13- and G15-dependent Pathways

Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) treatment activates inhibitor of NF-κB/nuclear factor κB (IκB/NFκB) and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)–P38 in macrophages, but how these pathways are activated, and how they contribute to the proinflammatory effect of TSH on macrophages remain unknown.

The TSH receptor (TSHR) is coupled to 4 subfamilies of G proteins (Gs, Gi/o, Gq/11, and G12/13) for its downstream signaling. This study investigated the G protein subtypes responsible for the proinflammatory effect of TSH on macrophages.

qPCR showed that Gi2, Gi3, Gas, Gq, G11, G12, G13, and G15 are abundantly expressed by macrophages. The contribution of different G protein pathways to the proinflammatory effect was studied by the corresponding inhibitors or siRNA interference.

While TSH-induced IκB phosphorylation was not inhibited by Gs inhibitor NF449, Gi inhibitor pertussis toxin, or Gq or G11 siRNA, it was blocked by phospholipase C inhibitor U73122 or G15 siRNA interference.

TSH-induced ERK and P38 phosphorylation was blocked by G13 but not G12 siRNA interference.

Interference of either G13 or G15 could block the proinflammatory effect of TSH on macrophages. The present study demonstrate that TSH activates macrophage inflammation by the G13/ERK–P38/Rho GTPase and G15/phospholipase C (PLC)/protein kinases C (PKCs)/IκB pathways.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals