I Finally Managed To Clear My Acne, But

Tenacity

Seafood and liver are the silver bullet to acne. 10 mussels, 30g of beef liver and a metabolism that supports 3300 calories a day have totally destroyed the acne on my face - only my back still suffers from the condition.

I've noticed in this time that my mental disposition has changed - people have noticed in the past week that I'm a little more aggressive in my speaking, and right now I'm in a very angry mood. I can't say I enjoy it very much. Is this an effect of reduced estrogen / some other change in hormones? Do I just need to ride out this change to find a new mental 'set point'?

tyler

Just switching my laundry detergent to a natural and fragrance/SLS free detergent cleared up all my body acne. If I do use a commercial detergent, i just run a rinse cycle after it finishes washing.
It makes sense to me that if your face acne is clearing with internal treatment, and your body acne isn't, that it might be external factors causing it.

OP
Tenacity

Tenacity

Just switching my laundry detergent to a natural and fragrance/SLS free detergent cleared up all my body acne. If I do use a commercial detergent, i just run a rinse cycle after it finishes washing.
It makes sense to me that if your face acne is clearing with internal treatment, and your body acne isn't, that it might be external factors causing it.

Yeah, that would make sense. I'll change detergent and keep an eye on it.

Another issue I've noticed recently is chronic mild twitching of my eyelids. Any ideas?

OP
Tenacity

Tenacity

I think I've managed to figure out the issue. May not have been a response to the lowered estrogen but another factor:

Me in my thread on 'Acne Fruit and Phytostrogens' 27/1/17 said:
Grapes are looking more appealing.

I had a hunch perhaps the 1kg of grapes I added to my diet was the source of the eyelid twitch. I've ceased eating them today and replaced them with more OJ and dates and the twitching has ceased. Hopefully that's the last of the issue.

1kg of cheap grapes = eyelid twitch, moodiness!

Tarmander

I find liver makes me feel angry and agitated as you describe. There is like an Aristotelian mean where the right amount of liver makes one focused and intent. Too much pushes that focus over the top and you get impatient and frustrated. I think it's the b vitamins in the liver. Maybe too much dopamine, I'm not quite sure what it is.

SQu

Eyelid twitch, sounds like you need magnesium, and that plus the mood suggests maybe you're burning through your fuel and running out, though you'd think 3300 calories would be enough. I've had similar symptoms.

OP
Tenacity

Tenacity

I find liver makes me feel angry and agitated as you describe. There is like an Aristotelian mean where the right amount of liver makes one focused and intent. Too much pushes that focus over the top and you get impatient and frustrated. I think it's the b vitamins in the liver. Maybe too much dopamine, I'm not quite sure what it is.

Eyelid twitch, sounds like you need magnesium, and that plus the mood suggests maybe you're burning through your fuel and running out, though you'd think 3300 calories would be enough. I've had similar symptoms.

I'm better now. No more eyelid twitch, anger or adrenaline symptoms. Seems the 1kg of grapes I was eating was causing the problem. Symptoms eased off once I skipped my usual meal of grapes. Perhaps that's why Steinbeck named his novel 'the Grapes of Wrath' ;);). Must be an interesting chemical in that variety of grapes that causes the issue. I'm avoiding them now, replaced them with more OJ. Now I feel like my 'normal', joyful self again.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Was this just to clear acne on your body and not your face?

Trix

I'm better now. No more eyelid twitch, anger or adrenaline symptoms. Seems the 1kg of grapes I was eating was causing the problem. Symptoms eased off once I skipped my usual meal of grapes. Perhaps that's why Steinbeck named his novel 'the Grapes of Wrath' ;);). Must be an interesting chemical in that variety of grapes that causes the issue. I'm avoiding them now, replaced them with more OJ. Now I feel like my 'normal', joyful self again.
Could it have been mold or fungus on the grapes? I find that most grapes taste moldy even though I soak them in grape seed extract for 5 minutes then rinse them. I think if moldy then there could easily be a histamine issue, which would cause eye twitching.

milk

Supermarket beef liver made me angry and made the skin on my face yellow.

But when I have organic beef liver I don't get those effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals