Feeling Great But Worsening PMS?

Rnoelle

I have been eating a Peat way for almost a year now and I feel great! My energy is so much better, I have lost weight (finally-after being a cyclic dieter for so long), overall I am more stable and healthy-by far. I know there are still some things I need to implement or reduce (such as drinking alcohol less, as I do have an average of maybe 5 drinks a week-wine or tequila, usually). This hasn't hurt me in any noticeable ways but I do understand this is estrogenic and damaging to my liver. I try to find a balance with some things like alcohol or the occasional corn chips, to keep myself emotionally balanced as I have a history with an eating disorder and the 'all or nothing' mentality. BUT I am still getting some PMS...little acne, cramps, fatigue, back pain, increased appetite/cravings, mood swings. This cycle is the worst its been in some time and I'm wondering if its from an increase of estrogen by loosing more weight this last month, alcohol, stress...not sure. I am thinking I will try taking vitex starting day 14 of my cycle and see how that goes. I am hesitant to try progesterone as my cycle is very regular right now and I don't want to mess that up! Also, I am trying to achieve high fertility as I would like to conceive in the near future.

Right now my diet that I thoroughly enjoy and feel good on consists of something like this:
5 oz raw local goat milk
1 oz raw local goat chevre
2 local pastured eggs
dab coconut oil
2-3 c organic beef broth
1 T collagen powder
~5 pieces of ripe fruit a day (apples, peaches, plums)
1/2c-1 1/2c sorbet (no gums, etc.)
lots of raw carrot
1-2 t sugar
2 t raw honey
salt salt salt!
1 serving of espresso in the morning
8 oz meat (beef, turkey, some chicken)

I supplement with ashwaganda and magnesium at night, and 400-800iu vitamin E during the day. I used to have 1 oz liver every 1-2 weeks and have fallen off lately so I plan to get more and get back on my b6/zinc supplement.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear them!

Mittir

800 iu of vitamin E looks bit high. RP usually recommends 200 to 400 IU
of Mixed tocopherol for anti-estrogenic effect and fertility
He mentioned that this requirement can be
higher for people with large PUFA storage.
He thinks alpha tocopherols do not have
anti- estrogenic effect.

High vitamin E can deplete vitamin K. You might have to increase vitamin
K intake from food or supplements. Liver is a good source of vitamin
K2 and greens like spinach and Kale provides K1.
He recommends Thorne Research K2 liquid supplement.

Your diet looks good. Are you eating carrot with the meal?
Carrot needs to be eaten separate from the meal to get
the best result, preferably in the afternoon.
But, cooked bamboo shoot or cooked mushroom
can be eaten with the meal. To lower estrogen and increase
progesterone and other protective hormones easily digested food
helps a lot by decreasing endotoxin. It is also important to
avoid foods that are gut irritant and allergenic.
You can also try low dose tetracycline to lower endotoxin.
RP once mentioned a fertility doctor whose patient
became fertile after course of antibiotics. Raw carrot has
similar antibiotic property.

Xisca

If you have any thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear them!
Hola Noelle, hope to hear from you too!
I am hesitant to try progesterone as my cycle is very regular right now and I don't want to mess that up! Also, I am trying to achieve high fertility as I would like to conceive in the near future.
PMS shows you need some, or need to optimize more the regularity of your sugar blood.
You can take progest-e. Just have a look at the topic about Katharina Dalton, and the way she emphazised having regular sugar with snacks, to optimize progesteron receptors. Or else nothing works even supplementing it.
You will have to take it not all the time, to respect your cycle.
If you have no pms and good progesteron, you will get pregnant and avoid pregnancy nausea I think!

magnesium at night, and 400-800iu vitamin E during the day. I used to have 1 oz liver every 1-2 weeks and have fallen off lately so I plan to get more and get back on my b6/zinc supplement.
I had results with Mg only with B6, but not the Magne-B6 of the pharmacy, I use p5p, active form of B6.
I take little zinc in the evening, but always copper in the morning, as zinc depletes copper, which would be a big problem.