Is TSH Suppression The Key To Healing The Thyroid?

Lucas

The PEMT enzyme stimulate the conversion of noradrenaline to adrenaline and the PEMT enzyme is stimulated by CRH, ACTH and cortisol

So stress management through diet (protein, carbs, total calories, salt, calcium, vit D, magnesium, zinc, etc, etc), lifestyle and perspective adjustments will help to lower adrenaline.
I already do all of that and it is not enougth

Hans

Forum Supporter
I already do all of that and it is not enougth
What supplements have you tried in large doses? Magnesium, niacinamide?
Have you tried a beta-blockers?

Lucas

What supplements have you tried in large doses? Magnesium, niacinamide?
Have you tried a beta-blockers?
I take magnesium before bed have take niacinamide and fell no better and never tried beta blockers

Lucas

Whats your experience with thyroid hormone supplementation?
Fell worse whit T3, NDT or as litle as 2,5 mcg.
Have gone up to 100 mcg of T4 and still fell hypo whit a TSH of 1 with this dose.
After a blood test with no medication I will try 125 mcg of T4. My weigth is 74 kg.
But it is clear to me that i can not take T3

OP
C

Collden

I glanced through your previous posts and you mention you at least felt more relaxed on T4 therapy, could be you have been running a lot on adrenaline and the T4 allowed it to come down. in which case you could not expect your hypothyroid symptoms to disappear right away since adrenaline will elevate pulse and temperature, making you seem more hypo when it goes down.

If the T4 was consistently making you more relaxed without causing other issues it could be worth it to try staying on it for longer and see if things improve with time. Maybe elevated TSH is not your main issue, but it cannot be helping either.

Last edited:

Lucas

I glanced through your previous posts and you mention you at least felt more relaxed on T4 therapy, could be you have been running a lot on adrenaline and the T4 allowed it to come down. in which case you could not expect your hypothyroid symptoms to disappear right away since adrenaline will elevate pulse and temperature, making you seem more hypo when it goes down.

If the T4 was consistently making you more relaxed without causing other issues it could be worth it to try staying on it for longer and see if things improve with time. Maybe elevated TSH is not your main issue, but it cannot be helping either.
Yeah. I fell better with T4 versus no medication but still have symptoms. Some doctors say that toT4 only to work it is needed a dose that supress the TSH to increase the Free T3 if the person is a good converter. I want to try this way because T3 directly makes me worse

OP
C

Collden

I think if you felt better on T4 you should keep going with that and see if things improve over time, feeling relaxed but fatigued is a good sign that your body is undergoing recovery of some sort. If at any point you start to feel worse on T4 you can then try adding very small doses of T3 (<1 mcg).

OP
C

Collden

About relaxation, could argue this is actually precisely the effect that thyroid therapy should be having on you. Might be a misconception that thyroid is meant to feel stimulating, rather its about giving you "regenerative energy" that helps to restore the organism from the ravages of stress.

Words of wisdom from Peat

"Sometimes it takes many months to get the metabolic rate stable at a higher level, and it's often necessary to use a thyroid supplement."

"Thyroid is the only thing that safely lowers cholesterol, but when your stress hormones are very high, you shouldn't take more than about one microgram of Cytomel at a time, and should accompany it with things like milk and orange juice."

"T3, by lowering stress, sometimes reveals a low basal metabolic rate, that was hidden by high stress hormones."

"During the first week or two of supplementing thyroid, there is usually an intensification of the effect of adrenaline. It’s necessary to watch a variety of signs, especially the temperature of hands and feet and the amount of water evaporated, to judge the actual effect of thyroid. The effect of thyroid after the level of adrenaline has normalized is to increase the depth of relaxation."