Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver

haidut

Forum Supporter
I know some people here reported that they got elevated liver enzymes from taking cyproheptadine. The same happens sometimes with niacinamide. However, simply having elevated enzymes does not mean the liver is affected negatively, as Ray has told some people over email.
That being said, a recent study examined the possibility for regenerating damaged/fibrotic/cirrhotic liver and the mechanism behind the regeneration. The study finds that serotonin is one of the likely culprits in causing liver damage, and anti-serotonin drugs can stimulate the liver to regenerate. The study talks specifically about the 5-HT2B "receptor" but in another study there was a claim that all anti-serotonin drugs have shown liver-regenerating properties. With that in mind, some of the most potent antagonists at the 5-HT2B "receptor" are cyproheptadine, lisuride, and the other LSD-derived substances.

Stimulating healthy tissue regeneration by targeting the 5-HT₂B receptor in chronic liver disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Edit (6/15/16): Low and behold, in support of the above study Pfizer is getting ready to obtain approval for the drug terguride to treat fibrosis related to systemic sclerosis. Terguride is simply lisuride with an extra hydrogen atom. So, using plain lisuride should give the same (and maybe more) benefits at a fraction of the cost.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ine-drugs-may-treat-systemic-sclerosis.11404/

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Re: Cyproheptadine, LSD-based drugs can regenerate damaged l

Thanks for posting this haidut. I've personally had great results from both cyproheptadine and lisuride. In an ideal situation one may not need such interventions but my context was anything but ideal and I have found them both to be instrumental in restoring my health! Thanks for adding further evidence to back this up. There's the ideal world and the real world, I'm living in the real world and needed all the help I could get!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Cyproheptadine for the win. :mrgreen:

J

j.

I haven't tried this, there are so many things to try. There should be a guide to antiserotonin substances, with differences between them. Or maybe there is such thread already?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

j. said:
I haven't tried this, there are so many things to try. There should be a guide to antiserotonin substances, with differences between them. Or maybe there is such thread already?

There is no official guide AFAIK but one can be put together using Wikipedia. Wikipedia has a list of all serotonin "receptors" and for each "receptor" it specifies its function and what drugs are agonists and antagonists. I can tell you right now that cypro and lisuride are two of the safest anti serotonin drugs out there b/c cypro lacks the negative QT interval polongation effect on the heart that virtually all other anti-serotonin drugs have (including ondansetron), and lisuride lacks the pulmonary / peritoneal / cardiac fibrotic effects that virtually all other LSD-derived drugs have.

J

j.

Safer than niacinamide too because they wouldn't deplete B vitamins? Are these 3 the top 3 safest?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

j. said:
Safer than niacinamide too because they wouldn't deplete B vitamins? Are these 3 the top 3 safest?

Niacinamide elevates liver enzymes probably due its methionine depletion properties, which btw should make it a longevity drug given lifespan extension using methionine depletion. The top 3 for me would be cypro, lisuride, and ritanserin. Here is some info on the last one, which also seems to have dopaminergic qualities as well.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11126398
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 7/abstract

jyb

It reminds me of studies on rat liver with similar damage, reversed with emodin. In some of the studies, emodin is taken orally, so I've wondered how much of that one is getting from a fraction of a teaspoon of cascara but would need to know the emodin concentration first.

jyb

haidut said:
Niacinamide elevates liver enzymes probably due its methionine depletion properties, which btw should make it a longevity drug given lifespan extension using methionine depletion. The top 3 for me would be cypro, lisuride, and ritanserin. Here is some info on the last one, which also seems to have dopaminergic qualities as well.

Haidut, what do you think of the safety of tianeptine? It seems safe for short term use, but I wonder if its as safe as, say, cyproheptadine for long term use. I've used it occasionally for sleep, surprisingly it seems particularly powerful for inducing sleep, more so than cypro or lisuride.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

jyb said:
haidut said:

Haidut, what do you think of the safety of tianeptine? It seems safe for short term use, but I wonder if its as safe as, say, cyproheptadine for long term use. I've used it occasionally for sleep, surprisingly it seems particularly powerful for inducing sleep, more so than cypro or lisuride.

For me, cypro is more sedative than tianeptine, by a big margin. Tianeptine has some very good brain "recovery" properties for people with anhedonia due to depression or stress, as well as brain fog, and other neurological issues. Al the reports I have seen so far indicate it is pretty safe barring its well-known withdrawal effect if you are taking a high dosage and discontinue suddenly. So tianeptine is more for neural recovery, while cypro is more broadly acting, anti-stress, anti-serotonin, anti-cholinergic.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

jyb said:
It reminds me of studies on rat liver with similar damage, reversed with emodin. In some of the studies, emodin is taken orally, so I've wondered how much of that one is getting from a fraction of a teaspoon of cascara but would need to know the emodin concentration first.

If emodin reverses liver damage it seems to be due to the fact that it is a quinone. Other quinones are very protective as well, especially vitamin K2 (a naphtoquinone). There are several case reports on PubMed of 45mg of vitamin K2 causing permanent and spontaneous remission of last stage liver cancer. I think it safer to take vitamin K2 than emodin. With emodin you don't know much about the source and/or concentration, or the quality. Vitamin K2 is much better controlled for purity/quality.

khan

Haidut, from where can u get lisuride and ritanserin in europe without prescription?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

khan said:
Haidut, from where can u get lisuride and ritanserin in europe without prescription?

Search the forum for "lisuride libido" and you will find some online sources.

khan

I am on lisuride 0.1 mg from last three days. I am feeling very good on it. Should I be concerned about its side effects related to heart or its very unlikely?

Blossom

Forum Supporter

khan said:
I am on lisuride 0.1 mg from last three days. I am feeling very good on it. Should I be concerned about its side effects related to heart or its very unlikely?
It's supposed to be the safest ergot alkaloid derivative. Haidut might be able to point you toward some specific studies. Much higher doses (0.6-2 mg) are used in medicine to treat prolactinomas/hyperprolactinemia.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Blossom said:
khan said:
It's supposed to be the safest ergot alkaloid derivative. Haidut might be able to point you toward some specific studies. Much higher doses (0.6-2 mg) are used in medicine to treat prolactinomas/hyperprolactinemia.

Yes, lisuride seems to be lacking the agonist activity on the 5-HT2B "receptor" and this is the current explanation for its lack of negative effects on the heart muscle. See below.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16614540

khan

Is it fine to take lisuride in the morning like 9 Am and cyproheptadine in the evening at 9 Pm? or it is hard on the body, any interaction involved?

Blossom

Forum Supporter

khan said:
Is it fine to take lisuride in the morning like 9 Am and cyproheptadine in the evening at 9 Pm? or it is hard on the body, any interaction involved?
I took them both for a while in a similar way with no problems. That's just me though. I searched online for drug interactions and couldn't find any but that's not a 100% guarantee. I never went above 0.2mg lisuride and 4mg cyproheptadine daily when I was talking both. That is only my personal experience. Maybe others will give their input.

jyb

Blossom said:
khan said:
I took them both for a while in a similar way with no problems. That's just me though. I searched online for drug interactions and couldn't find any but that's not a 100% guarantee. I never went above 0.2mg lisuride and 4mg cyproheptadine daily when I was talking both. That is only my personal experience. Maybe others will give their input.

Peat doesn't have an opinion on these interactions either. It's not been studied.

khan

Thanks for the answers, Is it possible to take aspirin with lisuride? Have you got any slight visual hallucination on lisuride. I think I just got an experience of visual hallucination and it lasted for about half an hour.