Does Liver Help With Dry Skin/eczema?

Josh

So question about eating liver or anything high in vitamin A, the main reason I want to eat liver is to combat eczema/dry skin..

now what I don’t understand is that accutane which is high amounts of vitamin a synthetically will stop someone from producing oil within the skin, stop the the oil glands or whatever.. I was on accutane a few years back and my skin went very dry while on it..

so how wouldn’t liver for example help with dry skin? Has anyone actually used liver for dry skin or know people who have etc??

meatbag

So question about eating liver or anything high in vitamin A, the main reason I want to eat liver is to combat eczema/dry skin..

now what I don’t understand is that accutane which is high amounts of vitamin a synthetically will stop someone from producing oil within the skin, stop the the oil glands or whatever.. I was on accutane a few years back and my skin went very dry while on it..

so how wouldn’t liver for example help with dry skin? Has anyone actually used liver for dry skin or know people who have etc??

I think improving thyroid function can help more but its important to have enough vitamin a and zinc due to their effects on steroid metabolism/protein synthesis
Protect-1.jpg

I can't find my copy of Broda Barns' book right now but I know he mentioned skin problems as one of the main things

OP
J

Josh

I think improving thyroid function can help more but its important to have enough vitamin a and zinc due to their effects on steroid metabolism/protein synthesis
Protect-1.jpg

I can't find my copy of Broda Barns' book right now but I know he mentioned skin problems as one of the main things

That’s awesome, thanks.. what do you think about all this about how Vit a actually causes eczema etc?

GAF

Histidine makes eczema go away. Get some. Great stuff.

It could be the reason the vit a free diet helps with eczema is that it is high in histidine.

Try it, you will like it, for more reasons than might expect

OP
J

Josh

Histidine makes eczema go away. Get some. Great stuff.

It could be the reason the vit a free diet helps with eczema is that it is high in histidine.

Try it, you will like it, for more reasons than might expect
Histidine i’ll Have to look into it.. do you have any opinion on the eczema and vitamin a?

GAF

I've tried 4 different ones on Amazon. All worked the same. Swanson, horbach, Douglas labs capsules and Bulk Supplements powder.

I have zero opinion on Vit A. I have not had any effect from various forms or amounts of it - that I could tell.

Histidine I can feel same day.

Dobster

I've tried 4 different ones on Amazon. All worked the same. Swanson, horbach, Douglas labs capsules and Bulk Supplements powder.

I have zero opinion on Vit A. I have not had any effect from various forms or amounts of it - that I could tell.

Histidine I can feel same day.
Thanks for the info. Did you experience any auditory problems? "Water in the ears" symptoms?

Cheers
Dobster

GAF

No water in my ears.

BTW, if you try histidine, make sure you give it to your girlfriend too. It's more fun if both of you are making noises together instead of just one of you.

Dobster

No water in my ears.

BTW, if you try histidine, make sure you give it to your girlfriend too. It's more fun if both of you are making noises together instead of just one of you.
Ok thanks heared someone report felt like water in ears sensation. LOL on the noises sharing is caring.

Dobster

Kray

That’s awesome, thanks.. what do you think about all this about how Vit a actually causes eczema etc?
Are you saying too much or supplemental vitamin A causes eczema, even though @meatbag comments indicate opposite?