How to turn straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missenger

Ive seen that quote, but how can a fiber free diet be possible while eating fruits? A single orange or fig has like 2g fiber, and thats the smaller ones... larger ones have even more fiber.
Strained, filtered pulp free juice.

Dr. B

Strained, filtered pulp free juice.

do you think organic, pasteurized pulp free juice (store bought) is safe. I wonder how much of the plastic from the bottle would leach into the juice since OJ is a bit acidic? additionally im curious if the pasteurization of juice negatively affects nutrients or makes it harmful. most store OJs I see, even though they are organic, have expiry dates of 3 months or more away. same with coconut water, which somehow is a shelf stable item, no preservatives added (whole foods) yet has an expiry date a year later.

meatbag

do you think organic, pasteurized pulp free juice (store bought) is safe. I wonder how much of the plastic from the bottle would leach into the juice since OJ is a bit acidic? additionally im curious if the pasteurization of juice negatively affects nutrients or makes it harmful. most store OJs I see, even though they are organic, have expiry dates of 3 months or more away. same with coconut water, which somehow is a shelf stable item, no preservatives added (whole foods) yet has an expiry date a year later.
Orange juices with/without flavor packs and pulp-dissolving enzymes - Toxinless
----
"I think butter and cream are safe sources for a large part of the calorie requirement, generally better than grains (unless they are nixtamalized, alkali treated). I have been using frozen concentrate and reconstituted pasteurized juice for a long time, because of the scarcity of ripe oranges in the US. In Mexico, I’ve never run into an unripe orange, so there I usually juice my own. I think, for important things like oranges, milk, and cheese, the US is going to have more trouble than rural Mexico."
-Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Me: Do you think some people could be sensitive to the carotenes in orange juice? Could the carotenes in orange juice and carrot be keeping people in a hypothyroid state despite doing them everything else right?

Peat: The content in oranges is so low I don’t think even a gallon a day would affect the thyroid, but a glass or two of carrot juice definitely can.

Me: What are your thoughts on taking enzymes like serrapeptase?

Peat: Could cause unwanted internal bleeding.
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

--
Do you think canned not from concentrate juice is ok or should it be avoided?

(ray)If it's in glass it might be o.k. Even the so-called pulp-free juices now might have been processed with enzymes to liquefy pulp.
What about commercial pulp-free OJ in a plastic container like florida's natural brand?

(ray)If it separates into an orange-colored sediment and a nearly clear supernatant, it's probably natural, but even the so-called pulp-free juices now often contain the enzyme-solublized pulpy refuse.

Korven

Wow! The bit about about gut irritation and hypersexuality matches my experience to a tee! My sex drive during my IBS/Sibo years was out of control sometimes, I was trying to have sex with random people and coworkers too and it got me to uncomfortable situations lots of times. Meanwhile my digestion and general health was a disaster. It has to have something to do with serotonine. Can you recommend any resources on this topic?

When an organism senses it's under stress/danger it needs to reproduce to ensure the species survival. Ray talked about this in one of the podcasts with Danny and Georgi, I can't remember which one but if I find it I'll send it to you. Puberty starting earlier and earlier is possibly a consequence of the increased environmental stressors, estrogenic pollutants, plastics etc.

I have a very similar experience - gut inflammation is a potent distress signal and elevated estrogen/serotonin/(histamine?) can put you in a manic, hypersexual state.

Razvan

When an organism senses it's under stress/danger it needs to reproduce to ensure the species survival. Ray talked about this in one of the podcasts with Danny and Georgi, I can't remember which one but if I find it I'll send it to you. Puberty starting earlier and earlier is possibly a consequence of the increased environmental stressors, estrogenic pollutants, plastics etc.

I have a very similar experience - gut inflammation is a potent distress signal and elevated estrogen/serotonin/(histamine?) can put you in a manic, hypersexual state.
Zinc/histidine together can make you feel this way. They increase histamine and histamine is poisonous as acts like cocaine.
The only good thing about histamine is that by itself can lower prolactin, thus improving dopamine and lowering estrogen.
But the effects are similar to cocaine and you can get away with it only for 2 weeks than it should be stopped.
Estrogen usually makes prolactin higher thus lowering dopamine and when prolactin is high you will need a lot of time to recover between ejaculations. Estrogen will cause an obsessive sexual thinking but lower performance and weak erections by a lot because of the prolactin. So for everyone that was saying that they got an hypersexual response from estrogen,most likely it was histamine reactions.
Healthy libido is having low estrogen thus never thinking about sex and having low prolactin so when stimulated the penis will always work and be prepared even after an ejaculation.
Copper is very important in lowering obsessive hypersexual thoughts.
High dopamine,low prolactin,low estrogen should keep you good as for libido,focus and motivation.

Razvan

Zinc/histidine together can make you feel this way. They increase histamine and histamine is poisonous as acts like cocaine.
The only good thing about histamine is that by itself can lower prolactin, thus improving dopamine and lowering estrogen.
But the effects are similar to cocaine and you can get away with it only for 2 weeks than it should be stopped.
Estrogen usually makes prolactin higher thus lowering dopamine and when prolactin is high you will need a lot of time to recover between ejaculations. Estrogen will cause an obsessive sexual thinking but lower performance and weak erections by a lot because of the prolactin. So for everyone that was saying that they got an hypersexual response from estrogen,most likely it was histamine reactions.
Healthy libido is having low estrogen thus never thinking about sex and having low prolactin so when stimulated the penis will always work and be prepared even after an ejaculation.
High dopamine,low prolactin,low estrogen should keep you good as for libido,focus and motivation.
Usually by targeting prolactin you will lower estrogen to a fairly good point and up your dopamine,so blocking prolactin is like two birds one stone.
Vitamin E,T3,Coffee, bromocriptine and 5a-dhp are the best prolactin blockers, also keeping calcium at least 1.5 higher than phosphorus from the diet.
Avoiding Cyproheptadine aswell.

golder

Usually by targeting prolactin you will lower estrogen to a fairly good point and up your dopamine,so blocking prolactin is like two birds one stone.
Vitamin E,T3,Coffee, bromocriptine and 5a-dhp are the best prolactin blockers, also keeping calcium at least 1.5 higher than phosphorus from the diet.
Avoiding Cyproheptadine aswell.
Great post, thanks! You prefer brokicriptine over lisuride/Metergoline? What dosage wise do you think 5a-dhp works best with regards to prolactin reduction? Appreciate your insights.

Dr. B

is reaching puberty at 11 or 12 considered early? and thats interesting, so technically its possible a non stressed healthy person, would have a lower sex drive than a severely stressed person?

interesting, i thought zinc was also involved in breaking down histamine? is it only an excess which causes excess histamine via decreasing copper? why are the effects of zinc similar to cocaine. doesnt zinc also lower prolactin/estrogen btw. and thats interesting so with low estrogen you can basically always perform even after ejaculation?

Razvan

Great post, thanks! You prefer brokicriptine over lisuride/Metergoline? What dosage wise do you think 5a-dhp works best with regards to prolactin reduction? Appreciate your insights.
Yes i think bromocriptine is much safer than lisuride,it will destroy prolactin and it will not cause a withdrawal effect to an extent.
I feel the prolactin lowering effects from 8+mg of 5a-dhp, but varies from person to person.

Razvan

is reaching puberty at 11 or 12 considered early? and thats interesting, so technically its possible a non stressed healthy person, would have a lower sex drive than a severely stressed person?

interesting, i thought zinc was also involved in breaking down histamine? is it only an excess which causes excess histamine via decreasing copper? why are the effects of zinc similar to cocaine. doesnt zinc also lower prolactin/estrogen btw. and thats interesting so with low estrogen you can basically always perform even after ejaculation?
Yes ,zinc can brake down histamine ,but together with histidine can amplify the effects of it by lowering copper.
Zinc on paper looks good and could be helpful but too much can be tricky as can become the opposite.
Prolactin is not estrogen.
Read carefully,i meant prolactin,if you have low prolactin you can have sex in one minute after ejaculation again. Ejaculation will cause by itself a prolactin spike and if you take a prolactin blocker in seconds you will be ready again. If your average prolactin levels are low you should have high libido and high recovery. High Estrogen can impair that as usually prolactin and estrogen are directly proportional.

Razvan

As i said by lowering prolactin you will improve a lot of health problems by increasing dopamine and maybe lowering estrogen.
That's why there are threads in here of people raising metabolism by a lot with something like bromocriptine.
Also people having problems with cyproheptadine which can make prolactin higher unfortunately.

Razvan

so technically its possible a non stressed healthy person, would have a lower sex drive than a severely stressed person?
It depends. If the stressed person has very high histamine reactions and produces a lot of it yes, as i said,acts like cocaine.
A healthy person should have low prolactin so should be able to recover faster from sex and ejaculation and by higher dopamine should have a healthy libido without obsessing so much on sex (sky high estrogen).

Dr. B

Yes i think bromocriptine is much safer than lisuride,it will destroy prolactin and it will not cause a withdrawal effect to an extent.
I feel the prolactin lowering effects from 8+mg of 5a-dhp, but varies from person to person.
what effects have you noticed from 5adhp and what were the issues with lisuride?

also i thought zinc has a lowering effect on both prolactin and estrogen. i know b6 and maybe magnesium have that as well.

Razvan

what effects have you noticed from 5adhp and what were the issues with lisuride?

also i thought zinc has a lowering effect on both prolactin and estrogen. i know b6 and maybe magnesium have that as well.
5a dhp in high dosages very dopaminergic, feeling focused motivated and recovering from ejaculation much faster. Lisuride is too strong on dopamine that can cause some withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals